A rice cereal and coconut delight that is an easy no-bake treat !
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates (8 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Combine butter, sugar and dates in large saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture resembles a paste. Remove from the heat.
- Add salt, vanilla, cereal and coconut; stir well to combine.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chilled.