Who's from Ohio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm originally from Canton, but after graduating from OSU I now live in Columbus!!!! I'm in the Short North area, so I still workout at the RPAC on campus. You can't beat the price for what you get!!!!!!!!!!

I love all of the Buckeye pride on here!!!

Time to get this back up. I am from a Somerset Ohio. Its just a tiny little town about 40miles SE of Columbus.

GO BUCKEYES

I'm from Ohio..

Korrie not sure if you're still on here but I live very near Findlay....only about 30 minutes away actually..little town called Bloomville..

Proud Ohioan...

But I'm a HUGE Michigan Wolverine fan..

So go ahead and pile on Buckeye fans...because you guys are on top right now...:ack2:

I currently live in Chicago, and have for the past few years, but I'm originally from Cleveland and I'll be moving back there in just a few weeks. I swore that I would never go back, but...SIGH.

i was born in Nelsonville and family in Athens...I currently live in Mich..dtr goes to University of Toledo.

You live in Michigan but you go to Toledo for school? That's quite a drive. Toledo is the Rockets, right? Or Zips? No, that's Akron...I think. Eh, I haven't been to Ohio in a while.

Hey Ohio people. Cinci here. Been 14 years now. (this time around) as for cedar
point-- eh. If I wanted to pee my pants on a ride i wouldn't want to do it in public!

lol, funny! Yea, i'm to the age that fearing for my life is not as fun as it used to be, lol. I still go for the sissy rides and to take my kids.....

glad to hear from you!

Cleveland-east suburbs for me :) South Euclid, if you're familiar with the area.

Cedar Point is awesome! I love thrill rides. Cedar Point is, in a way, what first motivated me to try losing weight the first time, about 7 years ago.

You see, my college (I was in western PA at the time) activities committee sent a busload of us to CP every year. My first year there (Fall '02) was the first time I'd ever been to cedar point. The millenium force was still relatively new, and the dragster wasn't built yet. I waited in line for something like 2-3 hours for the MF. I was so psched up... then... I sat down in the ride, and they had to kick me out because I was too big for the seatbelt. It was humiliating and heartbreaking, to have to walk off the ride in front of my friends and watch them ride without me. Actually, I was the one who drug them in the line in the first place - nobody was as excited for the ride as I was.

Well, it was that year that I started losing weight. Long story short, by the next fall, I had lost 80-100lbs, and waited in line for the force again. This time, instead of excitement and anticipation, I was nervous... I didn't know if the belt would fit. 2-3 hours later... success! It was a big exclamation point on a rough year, and one of the happiest days of my life. I rode the dragster that day too, the first year it was opened.

Of course, the story doesn't end there... when winter '03-'04 rolled around, I fell back into my old habits. I returned to CP the fall of '04, and this year they had the chair at the queue line to check to see if you could fit. Alas, the belt was once again too small (or, rather I was too big). Instead of this being a shock to get me back in line, I didn't care because I had at least gotten to ride the rides once, when only 2 years ago I thought I'd never be able to. At the time, I was content if I was never again able to ride them.

Well, now once again I'm on a path to a healthier lifestyle, and once again trying to lose weight. I recently realized that if I can just lose 1% of my bodyweight a week for the next 2 and a half months, I might just be small enough to attempt cedar point on halloween weekend - the last days the park is open until next memorial day. If I meet my goal and still don't fit, I won't feel bad, but I'll be really disappointed with myself if I don't work hard for the next couple months and miss my goal. Either way, by summer 2010, I definately shouldn't have any troubles with Cedar Point, but I really would like to reward myself this year with a trip. It would really mean a lot to me, and thats currently my biggest motivation to help me get through the next couple months.

I want to chat online to meet new friends.can anyone contact me with MSN (Removed )
thanks!.

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently reside in Ohio. It sucks. :) Never been to Cedar Point, I have been to Disney World though...lol That's about it.

Im south of Dayton. Springboro/Franklin area...Kings Island pretty close to me...Diamondback is slick..Went to college in Nelsonville (nelsontucky), lived in/near chillicothe fer a spell....person from michigan......I heard the wolverines bout got lost coming to Columbus last year...couldn't get past Toledo...trouble with directions...lol kinda old joke but what the hey.

I am! I know theres a few on this board :) I am from the Findlay area myself.

I was looking up a list of celebrities that are from Ohio. A few of them surprised me! Drew Carey, Luke Perry, Jeff Gordon, Katie Holms,Dave Chappelle, ect.

List of people from Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Wow Korrie, I'm in Ohio too, and about 30 minutes from Findlay :) I used to live in Sandusky, So I lived about 10 minutes from Cedar Point, and only went there 4 or 5 times the whole 13 years I lived up there.

I'm thinking whoever said something about a 15 minute line on the dragster must have been talking about during some sort of group event. They do that sometimes. Normally most of the coasters can be anywhere from 2 to 3 hours waiting time during the summer :(

Last edited:
Hi fellow Ohioans!

I am from the Cleveland area...I live in Euclid, which is just east of Cleveland.

LOVE Cedar Point...used to go every year as a kid...haven't been in quite some time. Maybe as a reward for losing weight, I'll treat myself to a trip this summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back