Whisper's Diary

Yeah as much as I enjoy walking you can't do it all day every day. Getting up and walking around the room every 30 minutes would great though. Or even just straightening your knees and pulling your toes toward you a couple of times to stretch your calves. You mentioned having short legs though: do your feet comfortably reach the floor when you're sitting? If they were almost dangling that'd cut off circulation to the back of your legs quick pronto and in that case putting a plank or thick book under your feet might help more than whatever you could put under your derrière.

Yeah as much as I enjoy walking you can't do it all day every day. Getting up and walking around the room every 30 minutes would great though. Or even just straightening your knees and pulling your toes toward you a couple of times to stretch your calves. You mentioned having short legs though: do your feet comfortably reach the floor when you're sitting? If they were almost dangling that'd cut off circulation to the back of your legs quick pronto and in that case putting a plank or thick book under your feet might help more than whatever you could put under your derrière.

Well you know I looked and my feet do rest on the floor. However, maybe my legs still "dangle" too much. This looks like the perfect oppurtunity to do an experiment! LOL. For the sake of this "scientifically" controlled experiment, I will not change anything else except to put something under my feet. I'll try it for a week and see if I can tell any difference. (I mean it can't really hurt right?). This will be fun and one challenge I think I can complete lol. Thank you!

I know you were joking but get a recliner. My feet used to swell a lot but rarely do now. Elevating your feet while you're on the computer sounds like a really good idea. I assume you work from home so wriggling your toes around shoeless would help. Even sitting in my recliner in the evening I wriggle my toes & feet around a lot.
06/28/21 251.4
:party:

I know you were joking but get a recliner. My feet used to swell a lot but rarely do now. Elevating your feet while you're on the computer sounds like a really good idea. I assume you work from home so wriggling your toes around shoeless would help. Even sitting in my recliner in the evening I wriggle my toes & feet around a lot.

:party:

My problem is I hate this chair and I don't have a lot of space so I have to make do with what I have. But still, there's got to be a way around this. Today insect bites are driving me crazy. Because I am out in the yard a lot, I get a lot of bites below the knee. I think they might be chiggers but I'm not sure. I was wondering what I could put on so won't get bit. I know this is unsolicited lol, but any ideas?

Is there an insect repellent that you can cope with? I can use a fragrance-free one on my legs & ankles, which helps deter mozzies. Insects don’t seem to like me luckily.

Longer pants? Probably not the answer you're looking for but cheap and effective.

Well I wear jeans now so that's about as long as they get for me. I don't wear shorts when doing yard work. Too many things out there. Maybe, I should get a one piece haz-mat suit?

Is there an insect repellent that you can cope with? I can use a fragrance-free one on my legs & ankles, which helps deter mozzies. Insects don’t seem to like me luckily.

I haven't really tried any. I don't even know what is available. I used alcohol and calamine lotion for the itching last night. Seemed to help some, but I slept horrible again anyway.

I use fragrance-free Aeroguard & I just googled it & it's available in the US. I never use it near my face.
Edit- actually I don't think it is available there, but there would have to be lots of choices. Check out this link- The Best Bug Repellents

Last edited:
I use fragrance-free Aeroguard & I just googled it & it's available in the US. I never use it near my face.
Edit- actually I don't think it is available there, but there would have to be lots of choices. Check out this link- The Best Bug Repellents

Thanks. I'll check it out. I just never thought about bug repellents before, but looking at my lower legs, I have about 20-30 bites so it's about time.

i had to work in Plano a few weeks one summer. can't say i remember much of being outdoors. it was mostly running from air conditioned space to air conditioned space.

i haven't seen a biting insect in years, but i have some friends who swear by this stuff...
View attachment 44694

I'll check that out also. I am outside pretty much every day and working in areas where the grass is so tall that I'm leary of where I am stepping so no telling. Most of the bites are below my knees which makes sense. I have mosquito bites other places. I see them so I know what those are. It's weird because my sister and I are a lot alike. We both took after my mom and have weight issues. She doesn't get at all where I get bit constantly. It is so unfair lol.

If you're the one doing most of the yard work and that's when you mostly get bitten it would make sense she hasn't got as many problems with them. Also: if you have allergies the reaction to the bites can be stronger.

If you're the one doing most of the yard work and that's when you mostly get bitten it would make sense she hasn't got as many problems with them. Also: if you have allergies the reaction to the bites can be stronger.

True. We brought that up last night. Speaking of which, I need to mow. I'd like to wait optimally until Friday, but we have a chance of rain in the forecast for the next 9 days, but I can't pinpoint an accurate forecast. One says 20% today, 30% tomorrow, and 70% on Friday. Another says 50% chance today. Ugh. I don't feel that well either, a little off balance so we'll see how it goes.

The Eve of Nano Eve er Camp Nano Eve anyway....

*** This is not a plug in anyway, shape, form or fashion. It's just something I do and is important in my life ***

Tomorrow starts Camp Nano (Nanowrimo - National Novel Writing Month. November is the main event, but they did start Camps in April and July a while back.). The goal of Nanowrimo is to write a new 50,000 word novel over the course of 30 days (about 1667 words a day), but honestly you can end up doing whatever you want, especially in Camp. You can have an outline and notes before hand, or be a pantser and start unprepared. Or be a rebel and do something entirely different according to your own devices. It's mainly to encourage people to write and it's fun. In Camp, you can decide what word length you want if any at all. You can choose to edit a prior work, write a combination of works, or do something else. I know Camp is geared toward writing, but I've known some people to take 30 days and create web pages, write programs, paint, etc. I tend toward writing so I focus mainly on that. I've been participating since 2009, so a good 12 years now. Out of 17 projects, I've written words for 13 (meaning for 4 of them, I had intentions, but never started). I've completed the word count challenge 7 times, so while I'm not perfect by any stretch, it is something that I always look forward to. I've written articles, short stories, and finished a few novels now. I've had a few articles published (in another life), and the short stories were read by some family and friends, but I've never sought to publish anything for real. That's not the point, fun is. So most of the drivel that comes from my fingers never gets read by anyone other than me. In one sense, it gives me a great deal of freedom because I don't have to worry about what anyone thinks.

^^ That's probably not the best explanation, but all my brain can come up with this morning. I have an allergy headache, so I'm not thinking exactly clear lol.

I've been playing around with a Cyberpunk idea for some time now. I wrote about it last November. For Camp, I am going to revisit the topic and see what I can come up with.

What does this have to do with weight-loss? Plenty. It gives me a distraction, so I don't focus entirely on weight-loss all day long. I can put weight-loss into auto pilot mode and have it as something I do. Like I said before, time is going to go by whether I want it to or not. It helps with stress, and less stress is supposed to help with weight-loss. There's about a billion things going on now, none of which I have control over. So dipping into some sci-fi, fantasy, helps me cope, and takes my mind off of food. lol.

That's my story (no pun intended) and I'm sticking to it!

Tomorrow starts Camp Nano (Nanowrimo - National Novel Writing Month
An author!! Good for you, I think that is interesting. Once when I was young I imagined I would write a novel, but then I grew up and realized I did not know how, and lacked talent, Otherwise I am sure I could do it, LOL.

Sounds like a good weight loss distraction from food, hope it works for you.

Back