Whisper's Diary

It's good to come up with some extra motivation, Tom. It's probably better than hoping for a miracle, which is what I seem to be doing.
"Now if I can follow my diet again, I should start losing some weight and feel better."
You & me too, buddy! We can do it. We mustn't give up on ourselves xo

It's good to come up with some extra motivation, Tom. It's probably better than hoping for a miracle, which is what I seem to be doing.
"Now if I can follow my diet again, I should start losing some weight and feel better."
You & me too, buddy! We can do it. We mustn't give up on ourselves xo

I'm hoping for a miracle too, but if the cavalry doesn't come, I need to work on something else in the meantime.

God The cavalry helps those who help themselves, I guess.
I wonder if the gambling sites are secretly set up to favor people who don't play with "real" money, in order to convince them using real money would a - please excuse the pun - safe bet.

God The cavalry helps those who help themselves, I guess.
I wonder if the gambling sites are secretly set up to favor people who don't play with "real" money, in order to convince them using real money would a - please excuse the pun - safe bet.

My motto though is if I can't win with fake money, there's no sense in trying with real. :)

At any rate, I want to find a job or something fun to do to make money. I talked to the next door neighbor today. I could literally be giving my sister $1000 a second and still thought to be lazy. I didn't live here for free. Nobody believes it.

& us, Tom :grouphug:
Your Dad did not look after himself. You did. I'm sure your sister & nephew are very grateful to have you there.

They are, but it would be nice to start making money again. There's things I want to do like go fishing. Or travel out of state to visit a friend. Although, these days are different, I'd still like to try a few fun things.

Sicker than a bow-wow. I just haven't determined the breed yet.

Day 3 - main symptoms are chest congestion, coughing, body aches, low grade fever (99.9 to 100.8, My normal temperature is around 97.0). Don't have much energy, not enough for a puppy anyway lol. I think I have an upper respiratory infection. I looked up some stuff to treat it. The main thing I hate is this stupid cough.

Honey, Lemon, & Warm Water
Gargle with Salt Solution
Tylenol
Nasal Spray - Nasal Crom (my nasal spray of choice)
Antihistamine something or work like
Zinc

Lawn Mower struggles - went to try and mow yesterday, against my better judgement and couldn't get the lawn mower to start and stay started once again. All of the neighbors have mowed theirs, but I haven't yet. I'm tired of dealing with this lawn mower. The start engine lever doesn't work, the pull cord doesn't work, the tires are cracked, and the self propelled part doesn't work all the time. I Macgyver to get it working at all. I almost contemplated spending some of my car money to buy a good lawnmower. I found one about $560 that will be good enough. I talked to my sister. She wants a used one or something super cheap "to give us a year or two" so we can make changes. Well, that's exactly the predicament we are in now and nothing has changed. I'm tired of the barely making it by and just waiting for failure. I can't live like this. This sucks.

She will find out about a mower today. A guy at work maybe selling his. Don't know anything about it. Feels like the same ole pattern is coming. It may not be. It may be a blessing in disguise. We'll see.

Any neighbors you're on good enough terms with to borrow their mower every now and then? I hope you feel better soon.

Any neighbors you're on good enough terms with to borrow their mower every now and then? I hope you feel better soon.

There is a guy who mows his daughter's yard down the street. I've been looking for him today. The guy at work will sell his barely used lawn mower for $175. He paid over twice for it. Don't know what brand it is. He had a heart attack so can't use it. Low and behold, the lawn mower started today and I just mowed the front. I shouldn't have. I'm taking a really long break before I try the outside today. Hopefully, it will start again. Just tired of all of the up and down roller coaster moves.

Lawn Mower Update: My sister did buy the $175 lawn mower and it is really great. The old one was so heavy, that without self propelled, which rarely worked, was so hard. The new one is so light that I don't even use the self propelled. it's a lot more fun to mow the lawn now, and I'm not nearly so tired even with the high temperatures.

Clothing: I also got some short and some really big tshirts. They have the "wicking" technology in them, so that is helping with the heat also.

Next 6 weeks goal: When my dad died, I gained 10 lbs, quit writing, quit working out, quit really everything. And then all of the drama with my brothers didn't help. Now, not that my brothers are any better, I am giving myself a 6 week challenge. July is typically writing month, but I don't want to wait until the 1st, so now my 6 weeks will be from June 23rd until August 4th. My plan is to workout again three days a week and write on my novels. All three deal with school, but in a different way. One, is slightly future, where everything is roughly the same as today, but maybe a little more tech. Deals with typical school age. Two, retro tech alternate future set in the 1970's where 75 to 85 year olds enroll in school. Not college. These school simulate the middle school/high school experience with sports, yearbook, activities and so on. Three, cyberpunk, set in a digital world created by a present day tech corporation in Manhattan, Ny. I've been thinking about these for a while, so I'm going to try and get something done on them.

Hey Tom, your challenge sounds good, I see writing and working out, do you plan to change your food as well?

I just came in from finishing the lawn, but it's only about 80 here, with no humidity. I have a riding lawn mower for most of the yard, but have to use a push one for the edges and around trees and things. Did the riding yesterday, pushed today. My old push mower died last year and I replaced it with an electric one, my first electric and my first propelled mower, big improvement.

Yay for the new lawn mower Tom & the cooler clothes. I like the sound of your new challenge. You sound more positive about your future :)

Hi....lots of ups and downs. It just seems, especially after observing for a long history, that whenever anything good happens a whole barrage of not-so-good happens. You would think, if it were strictly odds, then it would flip the opposite way every once in a while. Not so far.

The biggie - My nephew went with some friends to visit another friend in another state. This was the first time in his life of going out and it is having a huge impact on his well being. This was a huge good. My nephew has severe anxiety, like I do, but his friends do too. They were beside him the entire process of him going through cancer. He could talk to them day or night if he needed to. They have been internet friends for like 10-12 years, and have been really supportive. He supposed to be gone about 11 days and it's been about 6 days so far. He checks in with his mom several times a day. It's been going good.

Then the barrage of not so good. I won't bore you will all of the details. The main thing that happened was my sister was back ended in a wreck. She is okay. The other person admitted that it was entirely their fault. Still. So my sister was without work for over a week so no money coming in. I'm using my car-fix-it money to help out even more. It'd be nice to win the lottery at this point. So here came the barrage. We don't like it. We fight against it. It doesn't seem fair. I used to watch a TV show called "Lost". On there someone said something like, if you want something from the Island, it requires a sacrifice. Why?????? How about things be good just because? It'd be a change of pace.

Some say it's the negative attitude and that brings on everything. I call bull. The only way for that to work is that I constantly believe in the negative and all the while steadfastly fighting against it. yeah right. I'm not buying the narrative any more. This could all be a matrix and everything "programmed" a certain way. There certainly feels like there is evidence to that.

Sometimes, I feel like I am going to wake up or something and there will be all my friends around me. And the whole purpose is to create worlds and inject each other into them to see how they fair. So in that case maybe I chose this lot.

But if that isn't the case, I'm going to keep on fighting, doing good and doing the best I can. To heck with everything else.

Keeping on fighting and having hope is all we can do, Tom. It's good to hear that your nephew ventured out of his comfort zone & seems to be doing well. I hope your life gets better soon. It's your turn. Meanwhile you are a good brother & uncle & help them out whenever you can. I see you as one of the good guys xo

Dear Diary (a.k.a. trying to keep everything into perspective),

I need to write. I've been working on genealogy the best that I can. My sister and I took DNA tests etc quite a while back. Based upon family stories, DNA results, etc we came to some conclusions.

1) I was my dad's based upon a common birth defect that is passed genetically and occurs only in 1-5% of the population.

2) My sister could be my uncles. We lived on the same street at the time and so forth. And even after the findings tonight she still could be.

Our DNA on our mom's side matches. We're using Ancestry (separate accounts) and it provides DNA matches and the names makes sense and we can see that they are our mom's relatives.

On our dad's side, it is quite a bit different. My sister can see matches and they are our relatives on my dad's side. When it comes to me, I don't have any names that matches my sister's paternal side. And all of the names I have on my paternal side are unknown to me and none occur on my sisters.

So maybe I'm not my dad's after all. The nitty gritty - I was born in the Philippines (I look American). My mom caught my dad indisposed with his maid when she arrived. My dad was in the navy. I'm not sure how the maid thing works. He's never had money for anything. Anyway, after discovering that they started a civil war together. I was born approximately 1 year after my mom arrived in the Philippines.

Bummer. I've always helped my parents and honored them my whole live. I don't regret it. That's who I am. All of this does make me anxious though. Still, I'd rather know the truth no matter what the truth is.

Thanks for listening.

Tom, you are who you are & you are a good person. Honouring & helping people is who you are. That doesn't change.

Hey Tom, you have found some interesting things... but be careful not to put too much stock in the DNA analysis. The low cost consumer DNA analysis we can get is notoriously only semi-accurate. I took the 23 and me test, and so did some of my relatives. Our relationships were not always consistent. For example I have a first cousin who shows up as a brother, but he it too old for that to be possible, born when my parents were just kids. And a first cousin who shows up as a second. So be careful about jumping to too many conclusions. I think the tests are generally accurate, but not very precise, ie if you show up as mostly Irish you are not likely Chinese, but exact family relationships are not as good. See Curious 23andMe twin results show why you should take DNA testing with a grain of salt
Dear Diary (a.k.a. trying to keep everything into perspective),

My sister could be my uncles. We lived on the same street at the time and so forth. And even after the findings tonight she still could be.
Relationship errors like that happen, don't think the test is definitive. It could tell you if your sister was genetically unrelated to someone, but errors in exact relationships are not unusual.
On our dad's side, it is quite a bit different. My sister can see matches and they are our relatives on my dad's side. When it comes to me, I don't have any names that matches my sister's paternal side. And all of the names I have on my paternal side are unknown to me and none occur on my sisters.
How close are your unknown and known relatives? 23 and me gives the option of contacting people named as your relatives, it is anonymous so only works if the person responds. I contacted one such person, he showed up as a second cousin but was no one I had ever heard of, and his last name was not familiar. Turned out we were third cousins, and there are lots of those I don't know, so nothing earth shattering...
So maybe I'm not my dad's after all.
Do you have a DNA test for him? That should tell you, trying to figure it out without his DNA may not be possible given the accuracy of the tests we get. More elaborate DNA testing could help, but its not availably to most consumers, and would cost a lot.
The nitty gritty - I was born in the Philippines (I look American). My mom caught my dad indisposed with his maid when she arrived. My dad was in the navy. I'm not sure how the maid thing works. He's never had money for anything.
My father lived in the Philippines in the 80s, at that time you could hire a maid for $1 or $2 a day. The Filipinos were very poor people, all Americans I met had maid and other servants. It was really a necessity to lower the risk of being robbed.
I've always helped my parents and honored them my whole live. I don't regret it. That's who I am. All of this does make me anxious though. Still, I'd rather know the truth no matter what the truth is.
That matters more than genetic relationships. No matter what the DNA says you are a good person, and so is anyone who loves you. I do however understand the curiosity and desire to know.

Back