Whisper's Diary

Well the craziness continues....I'm trying not to think about it all.

On the good side, my sister did her DNA test and should get the results by Thursday. I'm really looking forward to see how we match up. It should be similar, but different too. My sister should be my sister. LOL. Joking on that point. We are way to much alike and I do share my dad's birth defect. Now, Rufus and Dufus. That could be a different story. My granny always said that everyone of us may not be my dad's. Anyway, I'm excited to see my sister's results.

I may get to see if my car is going to be fixed. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I have some potential money coming in. If my car gets fixed, I can do some food delivery jobs and get a little income coming in.

Summer feels like it is here. It is body wise anyway. I'm thirstier and retaining water more. Same ole summer story. I did really good with the water retention over the winter and spring. But it's starting again. I really need to watch my diet. I promise myself everyday, but just don't. I am still walking. I haven't been working out though in quite a while. I did well for about 5 months. Gotta get back to it.

I'm hoping there will be some good news this week for a change. Hope everyone is doing well!

P.S. Puppy is doing good. I really like her, although she annoys the heck out of me mostly. Tell her not to bark, and she will look at me and bark louder. I cut limbs down and she'll grab them and drag them all over the yard. Oh well, extra walking I guess.

I really hope you can get your car fixed Tom & that the good news keeps coming in🤞
I bet the puppy makes you laugh!

Fingers crossed for the car. Puppy dragging things around means she'll use up some of her energy and be less likely to destroy furniture 🤷‍♀️

I really hope you can get your car fixed Tom & that the good news keeps coming in🤞
I bet the puppy makes you laugh!

The puppy does make me laugh. She has a really crazy personality. It's really different than the other dogs. She loves the water so my sister got her a kiddie pool. She doesn't mind getting wet at all. The other two dogs hated water.

Fingers crossed for the car. Puppy dragging things around means she'll use up some of her energy and be less likely to destroy furniture 🤷‍♀️
She chews on everything. My sister bought her some balls and she has destroyed all of those. My sister gets home and she's like, "she is so docile. I don't know what you are talking about." It's because I wear her out all day long playing ball. LOL. The dog has tons of energy just like you said.

I'm glad she's a fun dog. Our dog is so funny & makes me smile every day. Are you cutting down on salt to stave off some fluid retention? Processed food is usually very salty.

I'm glad she's a fun dog. Our dog is so funny & makes me smile every day. Are you cutting down on salt to stave off some fluid retention? Processed food is usually very salty.

I haven't been watching what I eat at all. I generally eat at home though. I need to get my act together to prepare for the next round. And all of the good news I was hoping for didn't exactly turn out like I'd hope. Oh well.

I'm sorry to hear the good news isn't but if your food choices are limited and do include high-sodium stuff drinking plenty of plain water should help you flush a lot of it out of your body again.

Dragging my carcass around today. I'm super tired and huffing and puffing, generally a sign of allergies and stopped up. I have fluid on my ears, been playing with the dog, sitting outside (nice and cool. it's about 63F) and rainy. I've been cutting grass and helping with trees. Generally, anything I'm allergic too, I've been doing lol. Plus, eating foods I am allergic too. Generally, this time of year is hard until about June. (Generally must be the word of the day. I used it about 3 times writing this.)

But, I'm enjoying it. Back outside!

P.S. I got a little bit of money to try and fix my car. I'll get out and go to the bank today to deposit check. Hopefully, it will be more than enough to fix my car, but I need: Tags, Inspection, Tires?, Battery, Brakes Fixed, and something with the steering wheel. It's a tall order. But, if I can fix my car, then I can start doing some food delivery or something like that to make some money and get out a little bit.

Long Term Dream - Go fishing again!

Fingers crossed you can get your car up and running again :grouphug:

Allergies are high here as well right now. I hate wishing for the end of allergy season because everything is so beautiful right now but man it's exhausting.

Fingers crossed you can get your car up and running again :grouphug:

Allergies are high here as well right now. I hate wishing for the end of allergy season because everything is so beautiful right now but man it's exhausting.
I so hear you. I love the outdoors really. It just doesnt like me as much. It is just cool enough that when the sun comes out I can feel the warmth too. I've been out looking around the yard for poison ivy. There are several locations I need to try and get rid of. I've walked at least 3 miles today so far.

Excellent job on the walking! We don't have poison ivy here, thankfully. The only phototoxic plants I'm aware of is giant hogweed, which is appropriately named and very hard to accidentally roll around in. Although people sometimes die trying to get rid of it without wearing protective clothing (no idea how often but I remember a case near us when I was a kid).

Hogweed - I looked it up and yeah I can see how it's not likely roll around in it. I wish poison ivy was like that. It'd be a lot easier to spot. I'm used to ours now. I know basically where it is and what it looks like. I also use a plant app to help identify stuff. I'm trying to find something like a brush grubber and some kind of jack system for all of these small brush and tree stumps. I think it would be so much easier than to try and dig out every single one. We've tried cutting them off at the ground level, but it's just not the same as pulling them out. There's tons and tons of them.

I hope there's enough money to cover fixing everything wrong with your car 🤞
It sounds like it's an uphill battle with the weeds, Tom but it's good to see that you're tackling it head-on. Go you!

On the Going Forward Front - (1) Yesterday, was a no to 3 C's challenge - No Cow, no chicken, and no caffeine. I did it. Cow and chicken I am allergic too and caffeine in any quantity is just plain no good for me. (2) I talked my sister into signing up for house protection with the county we live in. Now, if anyone tries to change the title or anything like that she will be notified. I don't foresee anyone doing that, but we live in a crazy time. (3) I talked with the guy next door. He is still interested in helping me fix my car. He is currently working on a neighbor's car across the street so it could be a bit.

And with the least amount of good news, always comes a big @$$ barrage of bad... (1) My brother, if he really is my full brother, and there is a lot of circumstantial he isn't, called and upset everyone last night. I was upset and my sister was upset. The sick part of it is, I dread the call and think about it everyday. And the sad part is also, I have been sleeping in my clothes in case anything happens or there is a knock at the door. (2) I can't get the lawn mower to start. I know it needs a new air filter. My sister picked up one last night. I will try again to mow today. (3) Next Monday, they start picking up limbs again. My cousin had come over and cut a lot down, so I have a lot to put out. It takes me a while, but I need to mow first. (4) I still feel sick with coughing and headache. I took some allergy med yesterday again and two nose sprays. I have fluid on my ears and may have an ear infection now. I wash them out with peroxide. Normally, a couple days of that and it clears up. I have some ear drops also if it gets painful. I normally get ear infections a couple times a year. My doctor always told me that my ears don't drain like normal people. Oh well. I'm just basically miserable health wise and don't feel like dealing with everything I need to do.

Goals for today
- (1) Try not to worry. (2) Mow the lawn. (3) Pay and download house documents from the County. Looks like it will cost about $30, but it will be worth it. It shows how everything was done and eventually the house was given to my sister. It also shows the other house where my brothers let it go and my dad had to step back in and sell it. It ruined his credit. (4) Another, no 3 C's day and maybe add a 4th C - Cheese. Yes, I know cheese comes from milk and milk comes from cow, but I react way worse with beef and regular milk. some cheese, I do pretty well with, although they cause a lot of sinus issues too. So I'm kinda cheating with cheese. But hey, I need some vice don't I?

Weight
- I'm not really eating tremendously bad, but I know stress plays a big part too. It's hotter so I am drinking more water and I tend to gain water weight during the summer. So there's that. I'm not going to stress over it too much. I'll make some adjustments and see if I can lose weight like I did last year at this time. The trick is to drink enough so I don't get dehydrated, but don't retain. Usually, sweating fixes that. It hasn't been that hot yet.

Oh, Tom. Your brother is a piece of work! Good idea to take up house protection. I hope you can get the grass mown & the limbs out without upsetting your sinuses too much. Can you wear a mask while doing it?
It sounds like you have some support around you- your sister, your neighbour & your cousin. Most people are good.

Oh, Tom. Your brother is a piece of work! Good idea to take up house protection. I hope you can get the grass mown & the limbs out without upsetting your sinuses too much. Can you wear a mask while doing it?
It sounds like you have some support around you- your sister, your neighbour & your cousin. Most people are good.

Well to hell with the 3 c's today. My brother came over with two friends this afternoon! Totally unexpected. He just called last night and cussed at us, but today he was more reasonable. We worked out a schedule for him to move all of his stuff. He apologized and everything. Still. I've been down this road a lot. So new plan. Help him get his stuff out and then use this momentum to get rid of my older bro's stuff. He also said my older brother said that he wasn't coming back over. So. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath, but I have my game face on and am working toward a resolution to get all of this done so we can move forward.

I wrestled with getting the lawn mower started this week. I'm no mechanic. I put in oil, changed air filter, and did all my normal things. I couldn't get it to stay started. While I was doing that, I got a phone call and while I was complaining to a friend, my nephew tried to start it and it stayed started. LOL. I had only tried about 15 times with no results. Anyway, I was able to mow the lawn. It sputtered the entire first half.

Today, I need to weed eat, edge, and try and put out some limbs. There is a 50% chance of storms so it will be wet some today. With the lawn mower down for 4 days, I'm behind 4 days. The limbs need to be out by Monday. It seems like a lot of time, but physically still don't feel well. I'm trying to - drink plenty of water, take my vitamin, take a zinc tablet, and 2 nose sprays.

My sister bought some boxes yesterday, so we are working on my brother's request for his stuff. Fun stuff, but I want to get it all done, now that we have this window of opportunity.

Wish List - brush grubber and some kind of jack to remove all of these stumps. :) A million dollar or plus lottery win wouldn't hurt either. :)

Getting rid of all of your brothers' stuff would be a wonderful thing. I would love to help you do that!

Back