Whisper's Diary

When you're sick, you're sick. If you a note for your brain to give you time off "school" here it is. I hope your ankle and GI tract feel better.

When you're sick, you're sick. If you a note for your brain to give you time off "school" here it is. I hope your ankle and GI tract feel better.
I took the day off again yesterday and feel rejuvenated. Pipes are much better. I'm really hydrated up to the point of bloated lol. My ankle is much better. I started out using a walking stick yesterday morning and graduated last night to using nothing at all with very little pain. I'm going to take it easy again today on walking, but otherwise do normal schedule.

Update:

My sister's 1st cousin got his DNA results back and my sister is definitely my dad's. I'm happy for her. It does answer the question whether my dad could have kids and put to rest whether my sister was his or not. My brothers could have used that as a point of contention, so I think the results was the best for her.

As for me, my dad didn't help me like he helped my two brothers. He didn't have to. He was always bailing them out of trouble. I didn't get into any, nor did I ever take anything from him. I was the one, along with my sister, who always helped him.

I still don't know who my father is.

I'm glad you're feeling better physically but I wish people would pay more attention to the possible consequences of their actions - especially when kids are involved.

I'm glad you're feeling better physically but I wish people would pay more attention to the possible consequences of their actions - especially when kids are involved.
I agree. And good or bad, I made the decision to not have kids. I didn't want them to suffer the same things that I went through.

Thursday Update - Not sure if I am depressed, lonely, or what....

I'm still exercising. Still walking, although my want to is waning somewhat. I want to do stuff, but things don't always go easy. I've been taking care of the yard and doing all my "responsibilities". But I feel empty. I reached out to 3 members of the "new family" and haven't heard anything and may never hear anything. I would just like to know the name of my father. I guess that's a lot to ask.

I've been in a retro mood lately and going down memory lane. I added a programming course to my "school schedule". It is programming basic in the old TRS-80. The TRS-80 was really the first time I was exposed to computers. It was in a "computer math" class when I was in the 11th grade. So I'm kinda going back to where it all started.

I've also been in a really "creative" mode lately and like to do something even it is nothing more than putting together a puzzle. I've watched a lot of diorama videos. Those are cool. Anything creative really. I'm also looking into language learning, writing, etc. As far as writing, I'd like to write a novel using AI. I can do this, but it cost some money and money is always a hindrance. I won about 5K, but after taxes and bills and stuff, it doesn't leave a lot. I have enough still to pay bills the rest of the year so there's that. I haven't won anything more lately.

Had a dream about being lonely the other night. That is so weird to me, because I've never seen myself as needing to be around people. I do reach out to relatives, friends, etc. It is usually me reaching out to them though and that's fine. It was just strange having this dream.

I need to just stay motivated without exhausting myself too much.

I'm almost to the point today, "Dear A.I., how are you today? You wanna talk?"

Being creative is a good thing. Wanting company is also a healthy thing, even if it hurts sometimes. And not having to worry about bills for 2024 sounds great! That must be a load off your mind. I think I can understand people being hesitant to talk to to "new" family. I wouldn't be happy if it suddenly turned out I had another sibling, not because of them as a person but because it would shake up everything I thought I knew about my family. Easier to ignore it. Curiosity would probably get the best of me after a while but then I am a very nosy person.

Being creative is a good thing. Wanting company is also a healthy thing, even if it hurts sometimes. And not having to worry about bills for 2024 sounds great! That must be a load off your mind. I think I can understand people being hesitant to talk to to "new" family. I wouldn't be happy if it suddenly turned out I had another sibling, not because of them as a person but because it would shake up everything I thought I knew about my family. Easier to ignore it. Curiosity would probably get the best of me after a while but then I am a very nosy person.
And honestly I totally get it. I can't imagine what it is like to all of a sudden have a "new family member". I can however understand how your world is turned upside down. Even though, I felt like I didn't belong my entire life, it still shook me up somewhat to find out that it is true. But in a lot of ways, it just makes me feel like I don't belong or fit in anywhere all over again. It's not a new feeling, just one that I don't like very much.

I hope these "new" family members will open up to you, Tom. It must have come as quite a shock to them. I hope you keep up with your walking & exercising as I can see how they have improved your mood, even though you may not see it right now. Sending another hug from me :grouphug:

Update - Still plugging along. I'm in the middle of workout week number 25. I added more weight to the workouts today. It went pretty well. I've been sick with various things for about a month now - stomach virus, allergies/vertigo, and now a chest cold, courtesy of my sisters workplace. Everything else is pretty much the same. Yard work is going crazy with all the rain. It's supposed to rain today maybe, so hopefully will mow again Thursday or Friday after it dries out a little bit.

I've been working on my "school" stuff. I've gotten several books and working on a schedule with the help of AI. So that's pretty fun and encouraging.

I'm just hanging in there the best I can, waiting for answers, still searching for the truth, and dealing with things as they come up. Fun stuff.

I'm just hanging in there the best I can, waiting for answers, still searching for the truth, and dealing with things as they come up. Fun stuff.
That might be the best description of life I've seen yet... I really hope your cold clears up though: allergies alone are plenty to deal with this time of year.

That might be the best description of life I've seen yet... I really hope your cold clears up though: allergies alone are plenty to deal with this time of year.
Yeah allergies really suck this time of year. I try and keep my ears unclogged, but it's pretty difficult. The scale goes from I think 0 to 12.5 and our pollen hangs around 11 a lot. I need to mow tomorrow, so gotta get in a little better shape than today lol.

I get Autumn allergies too, but they're bearable compared to Spring. Allergies do suck but a head cold is horrible. I hope you get over that quickly, Tom.

IMG-20240328-WA0000.jpg

I have a friend visiting this weekend, we plan to be outside a lot, and I'm allergic to both birch and ash. I'm glad I react reasonably well to AH.

Thankfully cedar is ok for me but ragweed is evil. Plus all kinds of grasses, rye, rapeseed, mugwort, hazel, black alder, willow, and ribwort plantain. And that's just the pollen allergies! The human immune system is kind of a bad joke.

Thankfully cedar is ok for me but ragweed is evil. Plus all kinds of grasses, rye, rapeseed, mugwort, hazel, black alder, willow, and ribwort plantain. And that's just the pollen allergies! The human immune system is kind of a bad joke.
I have food allergies as well which is sick because I like to eat and I like to be outside! My environment doesn't like me.

My body won't let me have bananas, nuts, and quite a few other delicious healthy things, but it's fine with chips, chocolate and icecream :rofl: Logic does not come into it as far as I can tell!

My body won't let me have bananas, nuts, and quite a few other delicious healthy things, but it's fine with chips, chocolate and icecream :rofl: Logic does not come into it as far as I can tell!
I can't handle bananas, potatoes, and anything to do with a cow or chicken or peanuts. I can tolerate most other things at least for a little bit. I'm highly sensitive to caffeine so only eat chocolate sparingly. For chips, I can do sweet potato chips and sometimes corn chips. For ice cream, which is rare, I generally do cashew, oat, or almond.

Back