Where’s the time?

Mbailey

As a Full time hospital employee and mother of a two year old I have the worst motivation on finding time to workout. My day starts at 4am where I drag my child out of bed by 4:30 and dropped off at in-laws while I get to the hospital by 5-6am. Working all day busy with covid stuff, after working I go pick my toddler up and then truck home where I throw supper together in time for my husband to get to work 3 rd shift by 5:30. By the time I give my kid play time and attention it’s time for bath and bed and then I pack all my things for tomorrow and then what do you know it’s 9pm and I haven’t showered myself and IM EXHAUSTED! Where in the world do I find time to workout? I’ve tried it at night but getting up at 4am when going to bed anytime after 10-10:30 I’m dragging the next day. Please any ideas on what I could do? I need some kind of motivation !

Hey M, welcome to the forum!

I will give you a few suggestions, but preface it by saying I have never been in your shoes or even close, so take this with as many grains of salt as you want.
  • I sometimes do isometric exercises whilst doing something else, even driving or watching TV. Perhaps you could do something similar.
  • Some people here use an app to track steps, then do what they can to optimize them. Walking is good exercise. Perhaps this is something you could do without too much time commitment.
  • I suspect you get at least some exercise doing what you do. Take note of it and like I said for the walking see if you can optimize it. You don't say what kind of work you do at the hospital, a lot of medical jobs require physical labor.
That's what I can think of that might fit into your life without demanding much time. I am sure others will have more and probably more useful things to say. Stick with us and tell us more about yourself and you will get support, the folks here are very friendly and helpful.

Best of luck to you!

To be honest: I don´t think you have time to work out right now, unless you integrate it into play time. If your goal is to lose weight exercise isn´t the main thing, of course, but it does sound like a bit of time to yourself for relaxation´s sake would be helpful. Easier said than done, I know!

To be honest: I don´t think you have time to work out right now, unless you integrate it into play time. If your goal is to lose weight exercise isn´t the main thing, of course, but it does sound like a bit of time to yourself for relaxation´s sake would be helpful. Easier said than done, I know!

Yes it’s a very stressful time with little one but we try to walk around the block during pretty days but she only allows so much before her attention is on something else!

It is tough, I work as a medical laboratory scientist and are constantly on my feet so counting steps is a for sure!

Back