Where to start, What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to play badminton and Volleyball. But now, I can already feel the exhaustion from working in the night shift. During rest days, I'd rather sleep than go to a gym and play these sports. What motivations can you advise?

Ms

Hi,

I am a newcomer and just want to say thanks for having me. I hope to succeed in this program because I really need to lose weight not that I am big and out of shape but I dont feel comfortable with myself so I am going need all the support I can get.

Thanks again

Williams

hi all................am a 17 yr old grl......n alot of grls out there know how hard is it to be an overweight 17 yr old!!!!! anyway i managed to loss over 20 kgs last year in a very short period of time....no pills no surgery!!! one magic word "GYM"....i totaly changed my eating habits......no pizza at 2 am :d...no more a full chocolate bar PER DAY! i maintained this weight for over a year now....but all of a sudden am slipping back into those habits.......n sliping big ....n the fact that ma mum , family frnds think am UNDER weight now:S:S isnt really helping am scared to death to put-on all this weight back again cuz i know i will not be able to lose it again.......i need someone to tell me wat to do !!!!!!

Thanks!

Welcome to the WLF and good for you for taking these first steps in getting fit and healthy :D

I'd start by taking small steps, drink a bit more water, cut your portions a bit, skip the fast food or sodas. Look at whatever it is in your diet and try to improve some small, easy to manage aspects.

Work out your 'triggers' if you have any and find a way to avoid them (tiredness, emotional eating etc)

As you start seeing results, it's easier to continue.

Get out and move a little more - go for a 45 minute brisk walk a couple of times a week if you can, swimming or cycling are also lower impact easy exercises.

A lot of people find counting calories works, if you eat less than you use you will loose weight (dont go below 1200 a day for girls and about 1800 for guys).
Check out if you want a place to track and record your diet/calories or exercise.

Start a journal here in the diary section and we can get to know you and offer support while you reach your goal.
If you feel like some motivation then jump on in to the Challenges threads.

Remember, you CAN do this - it's one day, one meal and one pound at a time

Thanks M2M for contributing to a good portion of this post :)

=====
Image added by AllCdnBoy
=====

Thanks for your kind message! I feel lucky to join this form & your information really help me to start just in 5 minutes! keep the good work going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back