Cohen's Lifestyle What can I expect??

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle

Kiwigirl

Hi there!

I've just signed up today for the Cohen's Diet. I live in New Zealand and can't find any local forums to read/type on. What I would like to know is, what am I in for?? What is the food like? What can I expect to be eating in a day? I need to loose about 15-17kg, how long am I looking at to loose the weight?? Those of you who have reached your goal, how hard is it to maintain?? I

Would love to hear some stories?

thanks!

XX

Hi,

I'm also from NZ and have just signed up for it. Had my first blood test yesterday and have been told there is about a weeks wait before results come back and I have my first consultation. I have approximately 25 kg to lose so cannot wait to start! It is going to be hard to give up some foods...and alcohol but it is definitely worth it if it works.

Have you got your programme yet? Good luck to you! :)

Hi Kiwigirl & smileyfreckle5 I have copied & pasted a post to another fellow Cohenite, Berry. Everyone loses at a different rate, depending on how much they need to lose but this should give you an idea, xo Cate

Quote:Originally Posted by cate

"Hi Berry & welcome to the forum. I lost 36kg in 28 weeks on Cohen's back in 2007 & have maintained since fairly well. This Winter I put some weight back on but no-one else notices. It was only from ignoring the very sound guidelines that Cohen's give you when you complete the program. Losing that weight changed my life. Be prepared to face your demons as you lose your protective layer. The only way to do Cohen's is 100% in my opinion. Some here will say that it is too restrictive. I found that it being so black and white helped me to focus. If it's not in your program, you can't have it. Preparation is the key. Go & have a look at the stickies in the Cohen's section of this forum. You will find them at- http://weight-loss.fitness.com/f/31/cohens-lifestyle

Read your program many times & at least once a week. Email or ring your clinic if you have any queries at all. I didn't start until I had given away lots of things from my pantry & after a function. I started on a Monday. Don't be tempted to weigh yourself, especially for the first month. Take measurements instead & measure yourself once a week. Make sure you have a digital set of kitchen scales ( a spare set of batteries on hand always.) You will lose your excess weight on Cohen's if you follow it 100%. Check out my motivational sayings thread. Get as much sleep as you can, especially the first couple of weeks. Take it easy. Start weaning yourself off caffeine now to help reduce side-effects. I'm sure I will think of lots of things. Have a look at my profile & check out my album where I have a photo of the inside of my fridge, taken when I was on Cohen's. It's good for a laugh but you'll get an idea of how I got myself organised. Phew.

Sorry if I sounded a bit over the top. I do get excited when I start but I'm, really happy for you & I will do whatever I can to help.

I found starting a diary one of the best things for me emotionally. Just go to the diary section & start a new thread, just like you did here. Call it something that you fancy. My diary started over in the Cohen's section but I have just moved it into the mainstream diary section of the forum where I have found more support. You'll find mine at-

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/t/10636/cates-journey-join-me

All the best &, once again a big welcome Berry.

Cheers, Cate"

Hi cate and freckles. I'm officaly day one today. I got my plan on Monday but had cup day here to go to so waited till today. So far so good. I've been practising drinking plenty of water.

Thanks for your advise. :)

XX

Awesome! I started on Monday because had work through Cup Day. It has been a little hard adjusting to the breaks between meals but it is getting easier! Can't wait till Monday to see how I'm doing!

Good luck :biggrin:

Back