UK Gastric Balloon support

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellew67

Hi,
I had a Gastric Balloon inserted 4 days ago and has searched the internet for some kind of support or forum, I found this site, its been great and informative only I cant seem to find UK help and support, as yet. Anyway.

Is there any other Brits out there that have the balloon or had the balloon, I would love to hear your experiences.

Thanks
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

im having the same prob, uk support groups, i found this one and seems quite good!

how are you finding your balloon in your first week??

im due to have mine done on the 13th of this month and im a little bit scared.

would be great if we could maybe support eachother on the apparent lonely road of weight loss??

hope all is well,

D x

Hi Danielle,
After starting this thread I found a couple on this forum for support, but I dont mind having a balloon buddy, it helps i think.

Today is day 5 after insertion and i am not going to tell you its been easy. First couple of days i spent in hospital on drips, having anti sick injections and anti spasm injections, they do prepare you for all what you going to go through, they told me it would pass after a couple of days, but I think today is going to be my better day, I may even return back to work too.

The first day i never ate, i couldnt even sip water i was so sickly, i was sick that one day only once, by day two, around 2pm i attempted sloppy mash potato, it tasted really good, you have to sip water too, especially to clean the balloon of any food lying ontop of it.

Day three, i had 4 spoonfulls of porridge very milky so again sloppy, i enjoyed that too, only filled up quickly, in the hospital, they were good with the painkillers and antacid tablets. I came out on day three. I did try to have a yogurt and it lay on my stomach all night and i kept burping it up which made me feel sickly.

yesterday i attempted lumpy sloppy food, still had sloppy for breakfast, ie weetabix in warm milk, for lunch i had cod flakes mashed into mash potato, I still couldnt eat much, for later i had yogurt. I was told i could have scrambled egg, beans etc so today i may have those, although a slice of toast would go down well too with it..lol which will come after 7 days when we go onto normal food.

I do still have gastric pain, especially after drinking water, i dont know why that is, i think its just the way my stomach is protesting about the balloon.

Good luck for your balloon insertion, i am sure you will be fine.

michelle

AHi hun I get my balloon at 10 in the morning and I'm terrified I could use a friend in the same situation right now x

AHi I had a gastric balloon fitted 22 nd aug I'm on wk 8,I chose not to be sedated thought I would be brave, it was very uncomfortable and I would definitely recomend sedation.the first two days I was very sickly managed to go o work on day two but wasn't really up to it.it took probably four days to feel ok,at first you have a lot to learn with the balloon you need to realise that yes you are hungry but you cannot over eat if you do you do get very bloated and I found the food seem o lay on my stomach for about to days,there are lotsvofvbadcreviews on the balloon but my personal opinion is if you use it right you will lose the weight I have lost up to now one and a half stone,it's no miracle cure I haven over eaten and have been going to the gym I will keep you all posted..ps people have said they can feel it like there having a baby nothing like that I forget it's there,I think the bad reviews are off people who expected the weight o fall off with out any effort the balloon is not about that its
Looking at food and portion siize differently.

AHi how u getting on with ur balloon hope ur feeling ok.ive had a bad wk end drinking and eating wrong food but I'm payin for it now I have terrible stomach ache,if I can help in any way give me a shout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back