Weight-Loss

Korrie

THE REINDEERS
Newbride02
Beagle
Emms
April'135'
Coastergirl4

Here we are everyone! We really need to do our best! Christmas is comming and heaven knows we could use the help and support of a weight loss challenge.

Lets begin by posting our starting weight, and if you have any areas you need help with (nighttime eating, ect) let us know so we can help you!!

This is our first week, and the mini-challenge is "Most Excersize" so keep track of how much you work out between now and next thursday!

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Starting weight....187
personal goal at the end of 3 wks....179

I guess my problem area is not drinking enough water or excersize, lol. But with the mini challenge, I guess I have to step it up!

Good luck everyone!! We can do it!

Alright girls I'm ready to go! :) I need all the motivation that I can get!

Starting weight: 189
Personal Goal: 184

Challenges: EVERYTHING! Water, exercise...you name it! LOL Things have been really hectic lately so I will post as often as possible, and I promise not to desert you girls but I just want you to know that I may not always be able to post asmuch as I'd like.

I'm ready,
starting weight - 228.5
personal 3 week goal- 219
My biggest problem is excercise. I tend to put it off because I "only have a little time". I need to focus on using those short times in between other stuff instead of waiting until I have a long time available. Please check up on me on this. I have my water bottles ready, going for groceries tomorrow. Hubby will be out of town quite a bit during the next few weeks so that should help!!! I'm gonna check out a few diaries then go excercise for a while!

Starting weight: 193
Goal weight: 187

I'm having a heck of a time remembering to exercise, as well as remembering to drink up! I was doing so good with the water for the first couple of weeks, but only once a week do I manage to drink all 80 oz.

Oh by the way, I made us a signature image if anyone wants to use it:

Last edited:
Hi all fellow Reindeers!! I hope we are all set to kick some butt!

I'm from New Zealand, so its kindof cool that I get to read all of your new posts when I get up in the morning.

Starting weight:148
Goal weight: 138

(Hence I'm struggling with these weights in lb's, I'm used to kgs!!)

My weaknesses are boredom eating and eating badly when I get tired and run down. Which is a slight problem at the moment as I am recovering from the flu. When I'm tired and run down it also makes it difficult to exercise, which in turn makes me feel down and in turn makes me eat badly!!

Words of support for my fellow reindeers? Ok, here are some of my words of wisdom, or things that have worked for me....and my apologies if you have heard them all umpteen times before, I'm a newbie so didn't know. :eek:) I will write more tomorrow - I'd better go get ready for work.

Water - I find filling up a large 1.25L (not sure of your measurements - equiv to 5 glasses) water bottle and just chipping away at it during the day, and then aim to fill it up again and try to empty it again. The more water the better eh! :eek:) Another thing that helps me, but you might all go "Ew!", and is really good in winter is filling up the water bottle with a little bit of warm water. It just makes it easier to drink.

Good luck Reindeers! We can do this!! :eek:)

I'll agree Emms, water is crucial to weightloss! The first week I started drinking a lot of water I dropped over 2kg (5lbs)! It levelled out after the first week, but I must have been retaining like mad. I also have the same problem in converting measurements since I'm from Canada. If it helps, 1L is 32oz, so we should be drinking 3L a day (which is a bit more than the recommended 80oz, but better safe than sorry!). I usually only get to 2, but somedays get to 4. Personally, I've found that I drink a lot of water when I'm bored, which is when I would have been munching instead! Especially in lectures at school, or when I'm working on my computer, which is basically all I do all day ;)

I have figured out that I should be drinking about 96 oz a day. I usually do get it all in. I didn't get as much excercise as I should have today. Too much other stuff going on. I did use my stairstepper for 15 minutes and walked 1 mile. Besides that, it was just running errands. I'll get better though, I promise!

Hey girls, checking in.

By any chance do you how many calories it would burn repeatedly going up and down the stairs to get more medicine? Probably not a lot since I'll be whining in my bed between reps :p

Lol, sorry beagle, no idea!

i did great today, feeling really motivated and positive!

How's everyone else?

Poor Beagle, at least your getting some excercise. I spent most of the day with my leg up with an ice pack! Stupid me tripped over the gas hose when I was filling up my truck today. I hit the edge of the curb thingy with the front of my leg at the calf. Now I have this huge bruise and a knot thats about 4 inches wide and is literally sticking up about 2 inches! Hurts like hell every time I step down. I'm hoping it will feel better tomorrow. I've got plans to spend the day doing some landscaping. If not, I will definitely do it Sunday! Uggh!

Hope you feel better April!

Good morning Reindeers (well technically the plural is reindeer, but if you don't tell anyone neither will I ;))! How is everyone this weekend?

Hi Beagle! I'm great! I'm getting ready to make some real progress w/ my weight. LIke I mentioned in my diary, I havn't been at this weight since june. THen i've been gaining and loosing the same 5-8 pds since then. NOw i'm here again and i"m soo pumped, I'm really ready to make some progress!!

How's everyone else?? Why so quiet?

Good morning fellow reindeer! Sorry, I didn't stop by sooner. I was in a very important meeting w/ Santa! He just got home early this morning! So, how is everyone doing? My leg feels much better, still a little swollen and really ugly now, but it doesn't hurt so much to walk. Today I'm planning to work on my Christmas decorating. Mostly inside I think because it's so windy. If the wind slows down we'll start on the lights outside! I've got plenty this year because I bought an artificial tree that's prelit! I started the day with a good breakfast and I'm feeling pretty good.
Hey where is Emms? Haven't seen a post since the weigh in! Hopefully we'll hear some good news tomorrow!

:D :D :D :D Christmas is such a wonderful time of year! Just fills everyone up with good feelings! :eek: I mean, yes I'm very happy, thank you!

Hey girls, I'm doing fine as well! Feeling much better today, the cold is finally dying down. My weekly weigh-in is tomorrow so we'll see just how well I'm really doing ;)

It looks like neither Emms or CoasterGirl have really checked in since we first started... I hope they come by soon, since it'll only be one more day until we may have to vote them off :(

I know coastergirl has no internet connection over the weekend....i'm sure she'll post tomorrow :)

Hi Girls! Sorry I didn't get to a computer over the weekend. We went motorbike riding on Sunday and my partner fell off and fractured his wrist....after spending 6hrs at the emergency department we finally went home.:rolleyes:

Eating was pretty good over the weekend. I had two evenings out dining which I always find hard as there is so much nice food on offer! BUT I was very well behaved, and quite proud of how I resisted. Especially when the other 5 people at my table all ordered desserts!

When is our next 'weigh in'? I noticed that the table to record our weights has been down lately?

I hope you girls are all going good and staying motivated. I'm about to go home from work and go for a walk.

Stay focused!! :eek:)

Emms

Back