The Coloring Group...It's safe to come out of the closet!

StacyH

:D:p

View attachment 23495 View attachment 23496

I have come across so many people (adults) the last few weeks that are coloring to relieve stress, anxiety and to pull away from so much TV.. A lot of people are talking about and sharing their new art work on fb as well. :)

I started a month ago after reading an article about Adult Coloring and the Benefits.
I have OCD and Anxiety/Panic Attacks. Plus, issues with insomnia.

I can happily report that I'm seeing a difference, an improvement!

This is the article that started it for me:
Coloring Isn't Just For Kids. It Can Actually Help Adults Combat Stress.

Wal-Mart has a nice selection...Where you find all the novels and magazines.. At my store, that is located in the back near electronics. Of course you can order them on-line as well.

View attachment 23497
I ordered this one at a discount from pch

At this point I'm using crayons and map pencils.. My sis-in-law loves her Gel Pens..

The term "adult coloring book" always makes me think of these pictures (hilarious)...

http://deadstate.org/look-what-happ...dults-get-ahold-of-a-childrens-coloring-book/

LOL Chef! ;) I hear ya...Sounds dirty..

My sis-in-law just got the Enchanted one Jen. :)
I have also been wondering about water color paints since most books have the tear out pages.
I think that would be fun to. :cool:

I have also been wondering about water color paints since most books have the tear out pages.

I haven't used water color on it. As long as the paper was thick enough, it would probably work. I use colored pencils and marker. :)

I haven't done one in a while, because I've been working on other art stuff. This was the last one I did. I'll have to do one this weekend! :)

View attachment 23504

lol, it will!

worked on it some more last night..

Hubby loves it when I color bc then he plays xbox one :D

yea, these books are becoming more and more popular. My fiance loves them. Very soothing. I'm more of a gamer, as well :)

Back