The Bench Chart

I did 100 lbs 1 rep max today, I weigh 170 but I am doing lots of cardio while still lifting regularly and I intend to get my weight down to about 140 and want to increase my 1 rep max to at least 125. Whatcha think?

I think thats great!!

:action3: But go for 135 max....big 45s on the 45 lb bar cool

Great job!

Yea i agree with Johnny, 135lbs would look good ;)

Well, i did 242lbs again on Sat without much problem, arms were still f**ked from Thursday!

Attempted 264lbs (120kg) and only JUST failed! I was over half way through the rep stuck there for ages, and eventually i fatiqued and failed the f**ker. I know i can do it next week.

That is awesome!!! I have a PR of 400 bench that I can’t even touch right now. I can do 200 OH as a push press doubt I could do it without the PP.

See here is my problem I want to slim down then I run into good lifters and want to start lifting heavy…lol…yo-yo yo-yo
I’m too easily influenced by others.

Johnny thats some weight lifted, 200lb OH Press.....Is that without leg drive?

400lb bench is a dream for me ATM, then again 300lb is quite a distance for me!

Good lifts.

5'10 about 215-220lbs

1rm 395Lbs
7-8r 315Lbs
28-32r 225Lbs

i have been stuck here four about 6 months does anyone know how i can hit more

5'10 about 215-220lbs

1rm 395Lbs
7-8r 315Lbs
28-32r 225Lbs

I used this to go from 275 PR to 400 PR. I had to cycle the program for over a year to do so but I consistently put 20lbs on my bench with this each time I worked through it. It may not work that way with everyone, my buddy saw less effect but went from 250 to 365 and another guy 50yr old saw no gains whatsoever.

5'10 about 215-220lbs

1rm 395Lbs
7-8r 315Lbs
28-32r 225Lbs

Hi gribbs, stuck here for 6 months ? thats rough. good numbers but must be frustrating as hell. How often ya hittin chest and whats your basic routine like ?

thanks i am going to finsih up this week and maybe try that next weeks sounds legit gonna see if i can find more reviews on it thanks alot though

VERY VErY FRUSTRATING SIR

uh i hit chest 2 times a week, usually like this

Flat bb press
Incline db press
Flat db press
Decline bb never heavy hurts shoulder
Incline db flys
Flat db flys
incline cable fly
flat cable fly

VERY VErY FRUSTRATING SIR

uh i hit chest 2 times a week, usually like this

Flat bb press
Incline db press
Flat db press
Decline bb never heavy hurts shoulder
Incline db flys
Flat db flys
incline cable fly
flat cable fly

Hard to tell from what you wrote here, but if your doin all these exercises for multiple sets 2 times per week id say your overtraining chest by far. But maybe you split this up, not sure.
gribbs were you on bb.com ? ive seen that signature before.

yeah i was on there for a little while i don't remember under what user name though. you think that i shouldnt be working out so hard. yeah i do everyone of those exercises everytime i do chest.

yeah i was on there for a little while i don't remember under what user name though. you think that i shouldnt be working out so hard. yeah i do everyone of those exercises everytime i do chest.

Its not a matter of working out so hard, working out hard is what its all about. But there comes a point in which you end up overtraining. Another words, if your doin all those exercises for multiple sets 2x a week and your puttin all ya got into it. Your gonna overtrain the muscles and on top of that they will not have enough time to recoop from that greuling of a workout which can actualy halt your process and plateau you right out. Hence the 6 month standstill.

I personally only work one bodypart per week. Ive had excellent gains in strength and muscle growth with as little as 6-10 sets of different chest exercises per week, not including a warmup set and a burnout set. But I keep the intensity at maximum for every set.

My suggestion would be to try something different like switch the workout up with a few less sets,"picking the ones that seem to work best for you", keep the intensity high, try doing a different chest workout every week in no given order, surprise your muscles from the regular routine, "im a big advocate of this", and give a little more recoop time. It cant hurt. Best of luck to ya ! 83

Last edited:
thanks bro ill switch the workouts up and try new exercise and less of them. when i go to teh gym and i only do a few sets a feel unaccomplished have you every falt that way. thats why i like to do alot of sets and lift heavy till my arms fall off

thanks bro ill switch the workouts up and try new exercise and less of them. when i go to teh gym and i only do a few sets a feel unaccomplished have you every falt that way. thats why i like to do alot of sets and lift heavy till my arms fall off

I lift to get the most strength and muscle gain potential. Every person in time will find what works for them best.

Yes I know the guilt you speek of but theres a difference between lifting effectively, and liftin til your arms fall off :) its called overtraining.

Switch it up a bit, you will break that 6 month plateau. I also take one full week off every 9-12 weeks to fully recoop my body. If your doing these mondo workouts week after week and making no progress. You may wanna try this. I attribute this to my lack of plateauing.

Back