Weight-Loss Team Hurrah!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Gals! MissJelly checking in on Thursday evening. I was away from my computer all day yesterday. Went to LA for my 3rd interview. It was so stressful that I ate some irish nachos along with some tequila shots. I've never had irish nachos, but they use potato chips instead of corn chips. It was interesting.

Anyhow, I ended up getting the job offer, which is good I guess, but after all that hell and finding out how little first year advisors make in income, and also that I will have to work 6 days a week, 60hrs a week, every week the first year--I am seriously worried about what I am getting myself into. The rewards are great if I do good at financial advising. I've been thinking about it all day, and am stressed out trying to come to a decision. I was suppose to let them know today, but didn't. I was at school all day.

I met up with my friends and LA guy after the interview. OMG! What a fricken nightmare. I'll post the story in my journal.

So far I only lost the 1 pound. Trying to do better this week.

Happy Birthday NewLeaf!

Good job Trus and Sheidi! Let's go team! hehe

hi miss j :)

well done on the job and the pound! hard works brings rewards, whatever the sphere!

i just got back from a full on hour of step class at the gym, i so nearly didn't go, but chuffed now that i did. unfortunately i missed a call from a friend inviting me to a barbie ( i told him i'd be at the gym! ), but maybe just as well so i can have a light dinner tonight :)

MJ, read your journal girl.. so sorry about your experience!! Ugh men can be such pigs!!

Sheidi, aww well think of the missed barbie as a blessing so you could have a nice light dinner!

Ooh I feel so motivated this week. Not to mention my sister presented a little "challenge" to do with her. Eating 1200 calories a day and exercising twice in a day! Well I'm pratically already doing both of those. I can def. kick up my cardo a notch or two though. She's just curious to see how much she can lose by doing this. So I am excited because it may really help benefit my second week in our challenge!! Wish me luck girls.. maybe I will try out some of the classes at my gym finally!

goodmorning everybody, well done on the job offer MJ, Sheidi great work getting to the gym, Newleaf it is great to see you so motivated. Everybody keep up the great work.

today the kids have cricket so my morning will be spent doing kanga cricket with my 6 yo then we are going swimming.

Hi Gals! Thank you for all the kind words of support! Sounds like everyone is doing so good! I need to step it up too. I'm starting to feel a bit under the weather. I think this week has been too much excitement for me and too much stress. I woke up today feeling like crud, but at least there wasn't a farting guy next to me.

Sheidi- How is the step class? What level do you do? Basic, Intermediate, or advanced? I've been wanting to go to a class at my gym but I have been afraid I will get too tired and won't be able to keep up. People at my gym are really athletic. Sometimes it intimidates me. I think I'll try to hit it up at least once to give it a shot.

NewLeaf- Your challenge with your sister sounds like fun! Good luck! Kick some sista booty. How long will you work out in total? I'm curious how that goes, I have been wanting to try twice a day too, but am lucky to get once a day in lately. Too much going on. Keep us posted on how that works out for you.

Trusylver- Cricket and swimming sound like fun! Sometimes I wish I had kids, but then after some time spent with the little ones in the family, I get too scared. Too much work, but I hear the rewards are great. I bet you burn all kinds of calories chasing the little guys around.

Ok gals, I am off to karate practice. I then have to start cramming for midterms this week. ack. Not looking forward to it.

This is our last week, does anyone know how the other teams are doing?

NewLeaf said:
MJ, read your journal girl.. so sorry about your experience!! Ugh men can be such pigs!!

Sheidi, aww well think of the missed barbie as a blessing so you could have a nice light dinner!

Ooh I feel so motivated this week. Not to mention my sister presented a little "challenge" to do with her. Eating 1200 calories a day and exercising twice in a day! Well I'm pratically already doing both of those. I can def. kick up my cardo a notch or two though. She's just curious to see how much she can lose by doing this. So I am excited because it may really help benefit my second week in our challenge!! Wish me luck girls.. maybe I will try out some of the classes at my gym finally!

thanks NL - i had a lovely relaxed evening at home, and a very light dinner! might go to the movies tonight but i swear - no popcorn or choc top!!

so cool you are motivated :D my sister says she's overweight but she's always been at least a size smaller than me - even worse we are twins :D not identical (obviously :D). unfortunately she lives in fremantle near perth, which is about 5000 kms from me :(

my mate just called to say he'd drop my daughter off from work (she works for him on sats) so i can go to the 4pm step class - so i have to go!

have a great day :)

Trusylver said:
goodmorning everybody, well done on the job offer MJ, Sheidi great work getting to the gym, Newleaf it is great to see you so motivated. Everybody keep up the great work.

today the kids have cricket so my morning will be spent doing kanga cricket with my 6 yo then we are going swimming.

aww...how cute is kanga cricket :) i want my son to try auskick again this year (his dad was all australian for years, even played with carlton for a while - bummer as he goes for richmond :D), but i think he'd prefer soccer. either/or, i'm happy :)

back to the gym again in a couple of hours - hooray for us!

MissJellyBelly said:
Hi Gals! Thank you for all the kind words of support! Sounds like everyone is doing so good! I need to step it up too. I'm starting to feel a bit under the weather. I think this week has been too much excitement for me and too much stress. I woke up today feeling like crud, but at least there wasn't a farting guy next to me.

Sheidi- How is the step class? What level do you do? Basic, Intermediate, or advanced? I've been wanting to go to a class at my gym but I have been afraid I will get too tired and won't be able to keep up. People at my gym are really athletic. Sometimes it intimidates me. I think I'll try to hit it up at least once to give it a shot.

NewLeaf- Your challenge with your sister sounds like fun! Good luck! Kick some sista booty. How long will you work out in total? I'm curious how that goes, I have been wanting to try twice a day too, but am lucky to get once a day in lately. Too much going on. Keep us posted on how that works out for you.

Trusylver- Cricket and swimming sound like fun! Sometimes I wish I had kids, but then after some time spent with the little ones in the family, I get too scared. Too much work, but I hear the rewards are great. I bet you burn all kinds of calories chasing the little guys around.

Ok gals, I am off to karate practice. I then have to start cramming for midterms this week. ack. Not looking forward to it.

This is our last week, does anyone know how the other teams are doing?

hi miss jb - hope you are feeling better! couldn't believe the story about the farting bloke, some people shouldn't be allowed out in public :D

step class is great. i'm not fit at all, but i try hard and have managed to finish each class - they only have one but they give you alternative/easier moves if you're a beginner. there are lots of very fit people at my gym too, but really its better to work out with the more athletic ones as they keep the standard higher. funny thing with step is i get lost with the moves sometimes and end up looking dorky, but then so do most people. you should try it, its really fun - let me know how it goes!

very cool that you do karate. my son does it, i love watching him. i'd enjoy doing it but once i'm back at work i don't have the time. what belt are you?

edit: i did karate once and i found that yoga was the perfect exercise to improve it - many of the moves are the same. do you do yoga?

Hi again guys! :) Just wanted to pop in this weekend and root everybody onward!! :)
Tru, thanks.. with my three sisters (also my bridsemaids) all tryin to get in shape, it helps one keep motivated. This should be fun! :D

Sheidi, thank you too! You guys are really so helpful with all your supportive commentary. Sounds like you are doing equally as well!

MJ: glad your without Mr. Farty!! Hope Karate practice went well! :)

I feel like I'm doing purty good righ tnow guys. At least for a Saturday, my calories are pretty low so far! Heading to a movie tonight..and I think its a pack of twizzlers for me if I don't over do it eatin at this birthday party we're to attend. But we're not staying long in order to catch the movie.. plus, that way I can't eat very much!! :D

hi newleaf - still blitzing it, i see! i think you can have one packet of twizzlers for a treat :D i used to eat everything in sight at the movies, but now no more. i was supposed to go last night but we ended up going for chinese and then meeting up with friends and drinking way too much - only got a few hours sleep, plus i had to pick up my son today (the dreaded 3 hour drive) so i didn't get to the gym.

I did go yesterday and man, our bloke worked us like never before! i really notice the difference with the trainers and if you have fitter people in the class. they seem to make it harder when the class is fitter. as one of the unfit (sadly not unfat :D) members of the class, i am suffering a lot today - but i kept up with them! weirdly, i prefer it if i have sore muscles the day after a class - means i worked hard. i actually found that place where you break through your tiredness and pain barrier and just get lost in the exercise - i thought that was a myth! doesn't happen for a while, but its great.

hope you are all doing well today :)

Sheidi, thanks! I really enjoyed those twizzlers!! :) When I went to buy them my FH says "Do you REALLY want those?" in his loving effor tto prevent me from eating junk. hehe. But I told him I had saved my calories all day in order to munch on them!! yay!! :)

Sounds like you are doing great with those work outs. I do really love the feel of being sore after working out, it just.. makes me feel like I accomplished something!

Off to try and put in two work outs today.. not sure where they will fit!!

sheidi said:
hi miss jb - hope you are feeling better! couldn't believe the story about the farting bloke, some people shouldn't be allowed out in public :D

step class is great. i'm not fit at all, but i try hard and have managed to finish each class - they only have one but they give you alternative/easier moves if you're a beginner. there are lots of very fit people at my gym too, but really its better to work out with the more athletic ones as they keep the standard higher. funny thing with step is i get lost with the moves sometimes and end up looking dorky, but then so do most people. you should try it, its really fun - let me know how it goes!

very cool that you do karate. my son does it, i love watching him. i'd enjoy doing it but once i'm back at work i don't have the time. what belt are you?

edit: i did karate once and i found that yoga was the perfect exercise to improve it - many of the moves are the same. do you do yoga?

Hey Sheidi,

I don't do yoga, but I really should. Some of the other ladies I take lessons with do yoga and I really thing it gives them an advantage. They are all older than me but they are in fantastic shape. I contribute that to the pilates and yoga they participate in. One of these days I will go to a yoga class at my gym. I'll let you know when I do. So far I have earned my yellow, orange, and purple belt. I am working on my blue belt next.

As for step, I will have to get off my booty and try it. It makes sense that the more athletic people keep the standards up. I'm planning on dropping in on a class sometime this week. I guess I shouldn't worry about looking foolish, because I'm sure I won't be the only one missing a step here an there.

I'll keep you posted. My gym offers so many classes, I should really take advantage of it. I guess sometimes I just don't feel like going when it's crowded. I need to get over that.

Hello Teammates!

How was everyone's weekend? As for mine, it's been full of studying. I have two midterms back to back on Tuesday and I have been studying all weekend. I won't be online much between now and then but will pop in and out to check in. I'm a little behind and really stressed out.

I did ok this weekend with food. Nothing spectacular, but I didn't gain any weight. Didn't exercise much, been laying here reading books, but drank lots of water.

Looks like everyone else is doing great! Keep it up. Talk to you ladies soon.

Good luck with the study, take a nice long relaxing walk to clear your mind to help stay relaxed with the mid terms. MJ the yoga would probably be a good idea, they have a stretch and balance class at my gym which seems to be a combination of yoga, pilates and tai chi set to music, i only went once because it was a bit much after my normal workout but i am thinking about doing an RPM class which has the reputation of being the hardest class the gym offers.

Todays gym session went well, I increased my lunges with bicep curl and my presto curl weights up to 10kg (22lb) (1 step away from no longer using the girly weights :D ) and increased my squats on the last set to 60kg(132lb)

WOW Tru! i am so impressed with your abilities/strength on the weights. That's awesome! Keep on going..

Not much new on my end. Just trying to get the double work outs in for each day. Not going quite as I would of normally planned, over sleeping today, and being out of town yesterday. But, I am about to go on my first work out a couple mile (fast) walk for my lunch break! Wish me luck!

Hi teammates.

Just checkin in to say hello. I've spent most of the day cleaning and organizing everything. That always seems to make me feel better when I am stressed out.

I'm back juicing today. I still have a whole fridge full of fruit. Geez. I have the hugest bag of grapefruits. I hear it has an enzyme that burns fat. Perhaps I should start choking those down. I don't care for the taste much.

Anyhow, I want to hurry up and finish the fruit and get it out of my way. I feel guilty if it goes bad. So I better get to it. Had some fresh pineapple for breakfast. Mmm

Ok, I better get back to studying. Have a great day! Only 3 more days! Let's try to win this!

MissJellyBelly said:
Hello Teammates!

How was everyone's weekend? As for mine, it's been full of studying. I have two midterms back to back on Tuesday and I have been studying all weekend. I won't be online much between now and then but will pop in and out to check in. I'm a little behind and really stressed out.

I did ok this weekend with food. Nothing spectacular, but I didn't gain any weight. Didn't exercise much, been laying here reading books, but drank lots of water.

Looks like everyone else is doing great! Keep it up. Talk to you ladies soon.

i had a very nice weekend - thanks missjb :D

gawd i remember the stress of studying, i went and did some more units the year before last, very tough. mind you, as soon as i stopped i wanted to start again, nothing like learning :)

eating well and exercising helps no end when you have that much to learn and that much stress. eat fish for your brain :D

good luck!

Trusylver said:
Good luck with the study, take a nice long relaxing walk to clear your mind to help stay relaxed with the mid terms. MJ the yoga would probably be a good idea, they have a stretch and balance class at my gym which seems to be a combination of yoga, pilates and tai chi set to music, i only went once because it was a bit much after my normal workout but i am thinking about doing an RPM class which has the reputation of being the hardest class the gym offers.

Todays gym session went well, I increased my lunges with bicep curl and my presto curl weights up to 10kg (22lb) (1 step away from no longer using the girly weights :D ) and increased my squats on the last set to 60kg(132lb)

hi tru, i did one session of bodybalance, which is the yoga/pilates/tai chi thing. i liked it but i tend to go for the cardio stuff at the gym for now, given time restraints. if i could i'd go every day, do a step class 5-6 times a week, and then 3-4 pilates or yoga style things. that would be perfect!

gosh, you sure can hit those weights - i'm still using the girlie ones :D

NewLeaf said:
WOW Tru! i am so impressed with your abilities/strength on the weights. That's awesome! Keep on going..

Not much new on my end. Just trying to get the double work outs in for each day. Not going quite as I would of normally planned, over sleeping today, and being out of town yesterday. But, I am about to go on my first work out a couple mile (fast) walk for my lunch break! Wish me luck!

hi newleaf - fantastic that you are trying the double workouts! i'm off to your diary to find out what you are doing :)

oh and good luck :)

sheidi said:
i had a very nice weekend - thanks missjb :D

gawd i remember the stress of studying, i went and did some more units the year before last, very tough. mind you, as soon as i stopped i wanted to start again, nothing like learning :)

eating well and exercising helps no end when you have that much to learn and that much stress. eat fish for your brain :D

good luck!

Thanks Girl!

I have a love hate relationship with school. haha I am popping all kinds of vitamins and stuff, trying to get the brain working properly. Can I take omega 3, or fish oil, instead of eating fish? I have some in the cabinet, but no fish in the house. Just curious.

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back