Sweat Daily!!

So! Exciting weekend. Got a few things done.

Climbing rope is up. It's 20' worth of climb.

View attachment 5511

I only put one knot at the base. I'm feeling that I want to train myself to pull myself up without the knots.

View attachment 5512
Pretty intimidating.

I have lso made a few blance beams to train on, and carry logs over. I am doing it lotgger style, with no attachements. So the beam just cradles in there. It's pretty wiggley, I think good for training.

View attachment 5513

I've already takena few spills on the beams.

View attachment 5514

OH yeah, I also got a 25' heavy rope, and a pile of training advice. It's etter not to attached it to anything, then you do whips and battling with the tips. Or uyou hold the tips, and twist the loop, or do spirals, and on and on it goes.

Attachments

• Rope1.jpg
    Rope1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 117
  • rope2.jpg
    rope2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 93
  • beam1.jpg
    beam1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 79
  • beam2.jpg
    beam2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Those are pretty fricken cool, man! I'm diggin' it. Climbing that rope is gonna be an adventure.

Wow - just caught up on your doings... Congrats on the excellent race (and good move in NOT wearing the vibrams!!). The backyard course drawing is great - and you've already got part of it, how cool is that?! We have been talking about doing heavy ropes and a climbing rope, but all we have done is talk - you did it! Will have to come to your house to play sometime.

I've seen youtube videos with people carrying heavy-ish sealed tubes partly filled with water - is carrying the logs kind of like that? Then you do it on a balance beam? Yikes! Why not add a moat in your next iteration? :jump1:

Best -

Wow - just caught up on your doings... Congrats on the excellent race (and good move in NOT wearing the vibrams!!). The backyard course drawing is great - and you've already got part of it, how cool is that?! We have been talking about doing heavy ropes and a climbing rope, but all we have done is talk - you did it! Will have to come to your house to play sometime.

I've seen youtube videos with people carrying heavy-ish sealed tubes partly filled with water - is carrying the logs kind of like that? Then you do it on a balance beam? Yikes! Why not add a moat in your next iteration? :jump1:

Best -

I didn't :(
I wasn't sure if mine went thru.
Please rtry again and we will have PLB troubleshoot it.

I didn't have my settings to keep 'sent' messages, but was able to restore part of an autosaved draft and then added to it. Just sent that to you. I also kept a copy in real email just in case so I can edit and post somewhere if need by.

Best -

how nice!

Anyhow, had a few days of funk. Stuffy nose now. Did ride back and forth to office, worked on fence repairs out back, and progressing on training stuff.

Did heavy rope last night, and that's a bit tricky. The rope keeps coming back to get me. I just need to learn to whip it. It's so frickin heavy!

That's all for now.
FF

p.s. no pm from Sure. I will send PLB a note and ask if he can check it out.

Last edited:
I think the PM was too long - waay too long. I tried initiating a new message instead of replying and this time I saw the error message. It was probably there before but... Anyway, hopefully you won't think I am the 'great spammer', but I broke it into 4 messages.

C

Great weekend of fitness.

Finished the obstacle course out back. also tracked a 1/2 mile run theru the wetlands.

My son and I did an event, that we made up yesterday. It was 1.5 hours. 1 mile run thru wetlands, bushes, and mud, that led to open water swim in bay. We swam 1/2 mile out to island and back, it was very hairy to say teh least. Open water swimming is like nothing else. We came back out fo teh water, to a 1/2 mile street run to the house, then 25 up and backs on balance beam, then lat pulls and power cleans.

Pretty sore today.

But planning on running into office tomorrow.

Felt great to have a 17 year old to push me to my limit.

Hope you all had a great one too.

FF
lemme show him off some. and uyou can see the area.

the first one is some Grip Training. That's a good one Max

View attachment 5541View attachment 5538View attachment 5542View attachment 5539View attachment 5543View attachment 5540View attachment 5544

Attachments

• 1showoff.jpg
    1showoff.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 1balancewithlog.jpg
    1balancewithlog.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 1Blance.jpg
    1Blance.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1grip.jpg
    1grip.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 1hvyropetrain.jpg
    1hvyropetrain.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 1ropearea.jpg
    1ropearea.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 1ropeclimb.jpg
    1ropeclimb.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Luv the pics and it sounds like a really great time. Isn't it great to be able to just go outside and have a fun and tough (semi-tough?) adventure?

today:
12 miles bike
3 sets of 2 min swim sprint
squats:
zercher - 3x8
front 3x8
back 3 x8
overhead 2 x 6 - I was so tired
lat pulls, wioth rag handles 3 x 12
reverse grip 2 x 8 same weight

that is all

Sweat Daily!
FF

Hey FF - this morning on our morning hike/run, I was telling T about your backyard obstacle course. He has long been interested in the heavy ropes. We have a gazillion old climbing ropes around - wondered about weight. Would you give me an idea of the weight/foot - or just tell me how long each rope is and its approximate weight? Thanks!

OHMIGOSH. It lives. Great minds must think alike...or something... :) I came back from the dead today to see who is still here. Almost forgot about this place! I decided I need to journal again-it really helped me with my goal setting. Happy to see a pal :) I'm doing mudder too. Its on my bday-gotta stay young!

Back