Sweat Daily!!

So, last night I was feeling a lil froggy and was thinking I want to do Ironman again, or I want to qualify for the Boston, or I want to do a 100 mile run, or do a 15K swim, or or or just get onto a major goal track and obsess! I love that!

This morning on my bike I realized something. I just want to get back to feeling good, being happy, and having fun! Period!

For me, the happiest times have always been when I was sweating daily, working with other people to achieve goals, and having a place to share, and laugh, and even compete at times.

So, this is my new journal.

Sweat Daily!
:sport:FF:sport:

That's my intro. Here's what I have found to be the elements that lead to success for me. I will list them below and have a tracking total. the posts that follow will be supportive daily data.

Beginning Weight (4/10/2012) = 249.2
Current Weight (4/16/2012) = 248.0
Ride miles = 113.0
Run Miles = 10
Swim Hours = 2.5 hours
Weight Training Hours = 1 hr 45 minutes
Exercise Video Hours = 0
Stretching Minutes = 120
Reading Hours = 15 minuts

I will break down my daily activity in the following posts. But the totals I will update and track here.

Let's do this thing!

Sweat Daily!
FF

- found my goal!
OK, so here we go. The "Tough Mudder 2012" Tampa FL, Dec 2012-

Here is the link to the page that has the map of obstacles. It shows the course, and when you place your cursor on each obstacle it expands with a definition. I was going to define them all here, but now that I have done it on paper to help write my training plan, I don't need to.

Go check it out- It's SOOOOO cool!

Bottom line for training-

Mental Stamina- many of the obstacles are very mentally challenging- like going through a 4' x 20' tube buried in mud. oh, and there are four of them in a row. Or the Electrical shock obstacle.

Running - being able to easily run the 12 miles in between the obstacles, should be the least of concern.

Flexibility - with the overs and unders, and climbing nets, or ropes, and walls, and under water, and swimming in mud, the possibility of a strain, twisted ankle, or pulled muscle will be a constant risk for ending the event. Flexibility will be critical.

Full body strength - The ability to carry my own weight. ie pull up count, push up count, etc. Lots of burpees to train.

Teammates - last but not least. There are obstacles that can not be done alone. And my belief is I need to train with others as well. Including you guys!

I have put out a few feelers to find any groups that are training for this event. I will, this weekend, write my weight, cardio, and training plan. Going clean on diet as of Monday. And here we go!

I would love to hear any thoughts on this from you guys.

Sweat Daily!
FF
-note: pasting a ciopy of this post to my opening post, so that any newbies to my journal will know my aim.

Last edited:
ok, for today I made a healthy choiice and rode my bike to store, verses driving amd added another 5 miles to ride miles.

plan to read some tonight and be a winner.

FF

Good morning! Site has very little activity.
But hey! I'm riding my bike to work again today, and plan to lift tonight.

FF

Good ride to office, rode hard and fast, for the whole 4.5 miles! hahaha I think on the way home I will double back over the bridge a few times.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you're back! Yeah this place has died a little =P It is our mission to put the fun back in this forum! Good job on the bike rides so far! =D

A little bit to get the deal rolling. I have let myself become quite the wreck in all areas. But hey, can't be perfectly perfect all the time. LOL

Thanks for saying hi.
If we have good activity, and a good tone, and make feeling good a fun thing, the peeps will come.

OK, got off my butt a bit!

Rode to store on beach cruiser = 4.5 miles

Swim: pull the rope 10 straight minutes, OMG nearly drown, and for guy that WAS a swimmer, it was hell

Incline bench 4 sets of 8

Throwing weight- floor to ceiling- 56lbs- 2 sets of 3, each arm.... and for a guy that did highland games, I can't believe how weak I am. Maybe I should wear mu quilt! = oh wait, I'm too fat :) LOL

But- I got my groove on!

what did you do?

It is awesome to see that some of the veterans have come back to life! I never knew this forum in its former glory, but over a few weeks I have stuck with it in the hope its activity will pick up.

I have been reading and tempted to try and get into the bodybuilding.com community, but there culture is different and I'm assuming not for me.

Looking forward some decent contributions to the forum, and not just newbies asking for routine advice!

LOL! yes Kilt. Don't tell me you missed me for so long that you expected me to pay attention to spelling now? hhaa

Anyhow, good to see you brah! I had a midlife meltdown, and things got rocky for a while. I am in a much better place now. Finally happy in a few areas that I hadn't been happy with for a long time.

Just here to get my mojo back, and step it up again ya know.

Yesterday:
Rode to and back from office = 9 miles bike
swam:10
Turkish getups with 30 lb kettle, 2 sets 15 each side. <--- omg, the cracking and groaning this hefty body made!

It is feeling good to break the sedentay out of my system. Can't wait until I gain some momentum.
Gottas ditch the alcohol completely soon and really get with it.

Ok weekend breakdown! Feel good about it.

Friday-
rode back and forth to office = 9 miles, very windy (both ways!! LOL) haha
Playtime in pool

Saturday -
Thai Chi, Basketball, Swim - with becnh pressing and lat pull downs off and on. We have the weight and squat racks out by pool, Horseshoes, more swim

Sunday-
Basketball

Lost over 1 lb for the week.
Hamstrings are sore from plyometrics at Thai Chi. We did a new Wang chung thong thing :) haha

There ya go. Feeling good, and having fun!
FF

Friday-
rode back and forth to office = 9 miles, very windy (both ways!! LOL) haha
FF

Both ways! I have had that happen to me before. It is like having an unrelenting force punishing you. I don't know where you live, but I grew up on the East Coast of Australia, where the wind can blow.

Just out of interest, what kind of bike are you on? Roadie or Mountain or total surprise? I am thinking of getting a mountain bike, this cheap road bike I have is a bit impractical for me and plus there is nothing like a good days mountain biking.

Hamstrings are sore from plyometrics at Thai Chi
Didn't think plyometrics would come into Thai Chi, thought is was all slow movements. Unless I have the wrong idea of what plyometrics are?

Keep up the great work,

ICE

Sounds like a great weekend - good mix of work and play!

So, starting at the top - have you done a 100 mile run or do you have one in mind? If I target one it will probably be HURT because if you don't make 100 miles but do make 100 K, they record the 100k time as 'official'. 100k seems to be my upper limit, beyond that it isn't fun anymore.

Best to you as you sort out what sort of adventure lies ahead, and meanwhile, go for you for jumping back into fitness with such abandon.

hey Ice,
I have a Gary Fisher Level Betty Mountain bike. I sold my road bike the weekend after I did my Ironman 140.6.

In Thai Chi we have Qigong breathing. There is one thatr is the 9 breath. You force breathy in and out of your nostils, while swinging your body toward the ground, breaking at the waist. It's easy to get carried away and stretch myself further than I am limber enough to do now.

Thai Chi is quite the experience. The Strength in Softness. The power generated by chi is incredible.

I got my black belt in TKD in 04 and even won a black belt free sparring championship, and I thought TKD was powerful. But to now learn the kong fu, Judo, and Chi. I'll tell you this, my Sifu, Thai Chi master, is the ultimate supreme. It's like Bruce Lee said "the Thai Chi Master is the Master"

Sometimes, like at this moment, I feel quite poorly about myself for letting the last few years slip away. I just had done so much physically, I went on hyatis (however that's spelled).

Oh well, I am back now.

---------

Sure!, I'm not "sure" :)
I just know that I want to have something for 50th birthday. And that gives 6 years. then I put another 6 years of fitness into my live experience.

The 100 mile had always been something that entrigued me. Obviously the 50 mile is on the path to that. My lonest run ever was 35 miles.

But check my run miles! = ZERO! :) it's only b een a few days since I turned the corner back to fitness though.

Let's have a great day!
FF

Last edited:
Do you worry about 50? Two good friends and I will all turn 49 this year, so it is sort of looming - but so far I'm in the "it's no big deal" camp - made easier by the fact that I am fitter, leaner, and stronger than I was in my early 40's. Now that you are back on track with daily fitness, age won't matter much. Goals though, are always a great idea. There are some wonderful 50 milers out there.

I totally feel your pain on the taking a break sorrows - I've only been at this about a month myself after almost two years of lazy! Sure I could list excuses (I was moving a lot, I was busy, waaah) but lets face it, I could have done better, and I regret letting myself get the way I am. The start is always hardest, but I just keep reminding myself it will be worth it! I already feel better! The important thing is, we're doing something NOW =)

true true!

Thanks for the encouragment you guys, or gals :)

So, I walked 2.5 miles at lunch to go register for a 5K, but found out I have to reg online. So, I did. Doing a 5K on 4/28. It is an evening event in front of the Desoto Heritage Parade in Downtown Bardenton.

Totally pumped!
FF

p.s. had greens and tuna for lunch.

There is nothing like having a 'race on the schedule' to motivate you. So far I've got a 5k in June and the annual 50 miler in October (not a race, just a non-stop hike).

Best!

ROCK THIS THING! :yelrotflmao:

You can do this, FF.

If you walk the diet and fitness road, their is a TOLL for the personal GOAL

PAY IT, and

ROCK AND ROLL!

Best regards,

Cain

Last edited:
CAIN!!! I sense who you are! And I love you so far! XO to the max!

Today:
9 miles on bike to office up and back. Then 4 miles to store for corn.

Then sets of
incline bench X 7
swim (pull the rope) 5 minutes
Incline bench X 7
swim (pull) 5 minutes
and again for 3 sets!

upstairs, and pushup X 10

Goodnight
FF

Back