Weight-Loss Sugar detox

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up processed sugar at the beginning of the year, but I've still averaged 35-40 g per day with all the fruits & veggies I eat. The biggest change I notice was that things like berries and raisins now taste like candy to me whereas before I always thought they were pretty bland

The biggest change I notice was that things like berries and raisins now taste like candy to me whereas before I always thought they were pretty bland
Yep, that's my experience as well. I never knew how sweet raisins could be!

Raisins have always been some of my favorite candy, especially mixed with cashews for some fat.

I started cutting out added sugar about 5 weeks ago now . I feel very happy about it and mostly my cravings are gone . I do stillhave some dark chocolate most days and I did have a piece of my sons choc stash ( mini dairy milk ) the other day . I have started to lose weight again , my tummy feels flatter and I feel healthier .

I gave up twice. It's too difficult for me. So, for a start, I decided to join the marathon "without sugar in pure form". So far I am on the 10th day, but it's still difficult for me. I watched the movie "Sugar" and after it, I felt better. Sugar is literally everywhere.

I need to go sugar free again.
I done really well and can do about 6 months then something just overtakes me and all I want is sweets.
I don't really eat cakes or biscuits only on special occasions as a treat.
Will not have any now until Christmas day week then will start properly Jan 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back