stuck at 150 pounds

W

wonderwoman

so i decided to see if i lost any inches. (have not measured in a couple months) i lost 1 inch in my hips and 2 inches in my waist! at least its something. im doing everyhting right so i dont get why the scale isnt budging :mad:

yeah i know, people tell me what the scale says doesnt matter. but the fact is im STILL overweight and i need to lose.

Hang in there. You are doing good and anytime the numbers on the scale will move to. If you've lost inches and you are exerciseing regularly then you have probably built some muscle. Muscle burns more calories than fat anytime the scales should move too!! You are doing great!!! Since you don't really have a lot of weight to lose it might take time. If you really want to see the scales move more quickly increase exercise or decrease calories or a combination of both. (If you are already on about 1200 calories a day don't go below that, I've heard your body will go in to starvation mode. You won't lose any weight and it will slow down your metabolism.) Hope this might help!!!

I know how you feel about the scales. I'm hung up on them too! And it gets discouraging when they don't move. Just think do you feel better now? That is more important than any numbers!!!!

Last edited:
well lost 3 pounds and gained it back..but i dont know why. i cant eat any less and i am doing the max exercise i can each day. so im sure someone is going to tell me im gaining muscle weight. ok i can deal with that to a certain point. but eventually i want all this hard work to result in some weight loss! how the heck long does that take after im done gaining the muscle??? :mad:

your muscle gain should plateau at about 3 months if you don't change anything up ... maybe a bit longer if you have never done this amount of physical activity before. I would be very happy with the progress that you've made. This may not be conforting, but the longer it takes to take off the inches, the easier it is to maintain.

AllCdnBoy said:
your muscle gain should plateau at about 3 months if you don't change anything up ... maybe a bit longer if you have never done this amount of physical activity before. I would be very happy with the progress that you've made. This may not be conforting, but the longer it takes to take off the inches, the easier it is to maintain.

im exercising several times a week for the past 10 months. i lost the 40 pounds during that time but seems like when i got to 150, i started having problems.

Back