Cohen's Lifestyle Starting on Cohen's

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hi everyone,
Things continuing as normal. I keep losing the same amount of weight over time - it's quite amazing really how constant it has been over the last few months. Anyway, I have a question, I am drinking 3 litres of water and sticking to the program, but since I started taking extra vitamins, I have been getting cramps in my feet at night and I haven't had them since I have been on Cohen's. They're not bad ones - they go quickly if I stand, but I wonder if anyone else has had this experience?
Hope you're all having a good weekend.
Eloise

Hi Eloise. Yes I had the same problem. I got night cramps which were fixed by taking a Magnesium tablet at night. Make sure of course that it does not have gluten, sucrose etc in it. That should fix the problem. Drinking lots of water can leach your body of minerals. At one stage on Cohen's, when I was really stressed about work I drank too much water, which showed up on my blood tests & was advised to cut it down. 2-3 litres is good. Your steady weigh-loss is almost identical to what mine was. You do get used to the whole thing after a while & it becomes a habit. You are setting yourself up for a bright, happy & healthy future Eloise, xo Cate

Hi Cate,
Thanks for the advice - the mineral supplement they gave me at Cohen's has got magnesium in it but I have gone back to drinking just 3 litres (and no more) and having a little salt on my evening meal and they seem to have stopped. I will see what happens. I used to get really bad cramps when I was eating rubbish so this is not so bad. If it keeps going, I will ask if I can take another one of the mineral supplements.
Eloise (very tired again)

hey eloise, i lurk around your diary from time to time - just wanted to say hello! glad to know that the cramps are gone. i get them from time to time too...in my case, drinking water helps. :)

hope you get lots of rest -- need to get that HGH working!

I just remembered that my consultant also said to add a little Celtic salt to my water bottle & that will help with cramps. I still do occasionally when I have done a lot of hard physical work & sweated a lot.

Hi Cate & goodlucktummy,
Am about to finish my work for the night and again I'm exhausted. I don't really want to change too much about my daily routine so what I am doing is going to bed early. Hope that works. At least it's warmed up a bit - I think one of the issues that means I don't rest at much at home is that I don't watch as much television, and that's because I associate television with sitting and eating, and now I turn it off and do something. I will have to try to figure out a different way of resting - I seem to have either activity or sleeping, although I do read a lot. I am enjoying making sure all my chores are done and things are under control, and so I am reluctant to do less. I think more sleep is the only way out.
Anyway I didn't have any cramps last night so the salt seems to be working. And I slept really well.
Hope everyone else is travelling well.
Eloise

Hey Eloise, I can relate with you on relating TV time with eating time. I used to eat in my room all the time and I'd get so wrapped up in the shows that I would eat mindlessly. Next thing I knew, an entire pizza was gone!

Good that you're getting enough sleep, that's something I have to work on. :)

Hey Eloise, I can relate with you on relating TV time with eating time. I used to eat in my room all the time and I'd get so wrapped up in the shows that I would eat mindlessly. Next thing I knew, an entire pizza was gone!

Good that you're getting enough sleep, that's something I have to work on. :)

Hi everyone,
I think I must have a virus - am still tired after sleeping for about 11 hours last night. One week to go before holidays. Even though I am at least 15kg off goal, I am really struggling to see how I can keep going. While I am not all that physically hungry (at least I don't think I am), I am weak and tired from about 12 midday onwards. I will contact my consultant tomorrow and see what she says. If it's a virus, then it's no big deal. Otherwise some changes might be in order.
Eloise

Well spoke to my consultant and now have iron tablets and for up to 10 days (possibly) extra fruit and crackers. We'll see.
Eloise

Hi everyone,
Am still exhausted and weak. Am eating more crackers and fruit and taking an iron tablet but it's not making much difference. I have an appointment with my consultant on Thursday and will have to talk about it. It's a good thing it's school holidays as this is starting to seem like it may interfere with my livelihood.
Eloise

Eloise, Are you seeing a GP? I would & have some tests done to see what is wrong. Don't leave it to your consultant- your health is a very high priority & there may be some medical problem, unrelated to the Cohen's program. Take care sweets, xo Cate

Hi Cate,
Yes I am going to go back to my GP who was very disapproving of the program but couldn't really sustain it because I was much healthier having lost weight. I am not going to be able to get support for paying a psychologist - they have become a bit more careful about the money from Medicare. Will let you know how I go. Feeling better today after sleeping about 9 hours last night. Maybe I am just exhausted - I usually am at the start of the school holidays.
Eloise

Back