Starting at 300lbs/136kgs at 5'8/170cm tall - Tykes weight loss diary

Time for my monthly update :). Today at the end of month 4 i'm 238.2 lbs so in month 4 i lost 10.8 lbs. Not bad but less than previous months (23, 14, 14 lbs). I understand why this has happened...basically, i've eaten more and hardly exercised. Going forward into month 5, i want to reduce my intake of cheese (i'm eating alot of it) and start exercising again, we'll see if i can do this.

I won't post updated pics this month as i don't think visually i've lost much if anything. Will deffo post a pic next month (end of month 5) where hopefully a change can be seen.

Congratulations on almost another 11 pounds lost! That's pretty much a clothing size around here so even if the pics don't show it it's a big difference.

Thanks Llama :), yeah i don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, it is a good amount to lose, but i just know i could've done better. anyway, onwards i go into month 5, i hope this will be an even better month diet/exercise wise.

Time for a long overdue update to this thread. I didn't keep up with my intended monthly pics + update, my weight loss slowed down alot after the 1st 5 months. It's been 1 year 1 week since i started this diet. Started at 300 lbs, i'm 210.6 today.

20230428_145538 (1).jpg20230428_145608.jpg
Compared to day 1

wm21st-April2022-21st-6lb (1).jpg

That's amazing progress! The physical therapist in me says it's now time to work on that posture but losing 90 pounds in a year is wonderful. Are you feeling ok with your current way of eating and moving?

That's amazing progress! The physical therapist in me says it's now time to work on that posture but losing 90 pounds in a year is wonderful. Are you feeling ok with your current way of eating and moving?
thanks Llama :) i'm mostly ok with my eating at the moment, yes my posture is not brilliant (well spotted), since i hurt something in my back bending over to lift something about 6 week ago i get back ache off and on, it's slowly improving though. i sit down alot and i often slouch. can you give me some posture tips?

That's wonderful progress, Tyke! It would be good if you could do some more regular updates in your diary. I think it helps to keep us focussed. You are going great!

That's wonderful progress, Tyke! It would be good if you could do some more regular updates in your diary. I think it helps to keep us focussed. You are going great!
Thanks Cate :) i will try to update more often, i think i neglected my diary in favour of the weigh yourself everyday thread. But yeah will update from now for sure.

Just to note, although it may look like it i'm not wearing the same clothes as a year ago. I have a few jumpers that colour and black jogging trousers. The one's from last year i never wear now as they would absolutely bury me as they're far too big now.

i sit down alot and i often slouch. can you give me some posture tips?
Hard to do from a distance but building up strength in your shoulders and upper back (and making sure you keep your head and spine aligned while you do any kind of strength exercises) would probably be a good first step. Plus sitting less, of course :p

Hard to do from a distance but building up strength in your shoulders and upper back (and making sure you keep your head and spine aligned while you do any kind of strength exercises) would probably be a good first step. Plus sitting less, of course :p
i agree, i need to get off my butt lol! i have exercise equipment in my garage but it's all buried under stuff. there's also a new gym opened up within walking distance. i have no excuse tbh i'm just being lazy :banghead:

Thanks Cate :) i will try to update more often, i think i neglected my diary in favour of the weigh yourself everyday thread. But yeah will update from now for sure.
Thanks, Tyke. I know I would like to read updates in your diary, because that's the sort of person I am.
Just to note, although it may look like it i'm not wearing the same clothes as a year ago. I have a few jumpers that colour and black jogging trousers. The one's from last year i never wear now as they would absolutely bury me as they're far too big now.
I did wonder :ROFLMAO:

i agree, i need to get off my butt lol! i have exercise equipment in my garage but it's all buried under stuff. there's also a new gym opened up within walking distance. i have no excuse tbh i'm just being lazy :banghead:
Often it isn't laziness. It's inertia. Changing habits is almost physically uncomfortable, even if the habit you're wanting to get into is a rewarding one. Cleaning stuff off your home gym sounds like an excellent beginner workout, by the way...

I've regretfully neglected this weight loss diary but will begin to update it hopefully once a week, or atleast monthly like I was ages ago. I've just lost my dog after him being ill for quite a long time and I think it effected my diet, which has been terrible for a while and I've gained weight. I was down to 209 lbs in about May 2023, I'm now between 240 and 250. Will weigh in tomorrow and be better at updates. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for updating your diary, Tyke. I'm so sorry about doggo Tyke. He was a lucky old dog to have you caring for him :grouphug:

So sorry to hear about your dog. Emotions do often affect our food choices even though in theory we know better.

Well, just over 1 month later, I've barely had a good dieting day and flu or covid has run rife in the family including me (I'm just getting over it now), I'm 243.6 lbs which tbh is a pleasant surprise. I'm "happy" with that all things considered. Really hoping March can be the start of a good run diet/weight wise.

Ouch on the viruses. I hope you're feeling better and have the energy to take better care of yourself.

Back