Spinning (indoor cycling)

I like to do spinning for my Cardio workout, I use the video Precision cycling by Jay Blahnik and I love it I finish dripping wet and expended by the end of the 40 min work out. Good motivation and I enjoy the work out compared to Running.

Does anyone else here have a similar or excellent Spinning workout video/DVD?

Thanks

i thought about spinning but later decided I rather just use a liptical in the gym or something... Not too much into the cycling thing, doesnt do anything for me...

Hi Mellow. I don't know other videos out there but I personally teach 8-10 spinning classes a week. It is an amazing workout which burns approximately 500 calories per 45 minute class/workout. I've not found a better workout that tones the legs/glutes and challenges the heart.

Happy Spinning :)

Thanks

Yea I really enjoy the workout and Jay B does a great job, not to much out there for the home. I hope more video's/DVD's become available in the future.

Sorry can't be any help on the DVD front, but ye i love spinning classes they are a great way to lose weight. Best bet though may be every so often would be to do your "own" spinning class i.e. if you have an mp3 player make a playlist that has differnt beats so that you would have a good mix of songs that you can sprint to, hill climb and recover to. Just make sure you push yourself throughout. That and remember to warm up and down.

Hi Mellow,

I luv spinning and found a great dvd "Cycle Reebok" by Robert Sherman. It has two workouts foundation and interval each 45 minutes and by the end of it I am dripping with sweat.

I have been spinning 2-4 times a week for about 4-1/2 years, mostly at the gym, although I have recently purchased my own Spinner NXT and use it at home. Spinning is an absolutely awesome exercise. I use a heart rate monitor, so I know that I work at an 85-87% heart rate average and burn 450 - 550 calories on each ride. I haven't tried any DVD's yet, but I know that spinning.com has a really good selection and I intend to try a couple of them. I like to put together my own playlists when I spin at home, that way it 'my kind' of music, mostly classic rock. I am also planning on taking the Spinning certification program so that I can teach. Spin is awesome!!

physiquedoctor - 8-10 classes a week, I am impressed. Most of the instructors I work with complain if they have do do more than about 3

Global Ride Virtual Cycling DVDs

Try the virtual cycling DVDs from Global Ride - real challenging road rides designed by road cyclists, shown through a 1st person perspective that puts you in the rider's seat. Pretty sweet new tactic for making the indoor experience more interesting.

Plus they have multiple coaching tracks you can select from, so the ride can be different each time you do it thanks to each coach adding their own personal touch to the ride.

You can get them at cyclingfusion[dot]com

I can't post links yet :p

Try the virtual cycling DVDs from Global Ride - real challenging road rides designed by road cyclists, shown through a 1st person perspective that puts you in the rider's seat. Pretty sweet new tactic for making the indoor experience more interesting.

Plus they have multiple coaching tracks you can select from, so the ride can be different each time you do it thanks to each coach adding their own personal touch to the ride.

You can get them at cyclingfusion[dot]com

I can't post links yet :p

This is a very old thread, and the op and others are not posting anymore.

Best regards,

Chillen

Certified!

Took the orientation and test for Spinning certification successfully, so now am an official Spinning instructor! Haven't taught my first class yet but I can't wait. Having the bike at home is an advantage because I can put together routines without having to go to the gym. Spin on!!!!

I loooove spinning!

Back