Skurgeon’s Diary

Congratulations on hitting that new milestone!

Had interesting conversation with a guy at work last night.

He asked how much weight I had lost and I told him 173 pounds. He looked shocked and said that he had weighed himself that morning and he weighed exactly 172 pounds!

And we both went “Whoah!” Lol.

“Wow man, so you just carried me everywhere you went all day…”

“Yes…. And night. 24/7”

“That’s crazy man!”

“I know…”

Gyms been open here for 15 days now and I’ve gone to the gym every day. Absolutely love it!

I feel like Ive made more gains in 15 days at the gym then 3 months at home.

I planned to take tomorrow off because I’ve been going so hard but now as Im about to go to bed Im starting to feel like I will probably still end up going. I would like to ride my bike instead but it might rain and I don’t think I’d be able to just sit at home for the whole day.
04088734-46A9-4FF7-993F-3A78094B76F8.jpeg

That's incredible, congrats! Having a day off from the gym and doing something easy instead is still a good idea though.

So I skipped the gym and went for that bike ride today. The weather was nice, not hot at all and sunny. I stopped at a friends for a few minutes to chat with them for a few minutes. In the middle of the ride I found a park bench and sat for a few minutes while I ate my protein bar and drank my water.

I left the house at 12:20pm. I came back at 3:10. So 2 hours and 50 minutes of riding minus my little pit stops. I tracked my route on google, 35.7 kms!

Kind of funny riding 35.7kms on my bike as a “day off”

Who am I?

July in the books.

So this is the second month of trying to eat more (2600 calories) and slow the weight loss to 1 pound per week. I averaged 2400 calories and lost exactly 5 pounds this month which is basically 1.25 pounds per week. But really it isn’t because July is 4 weeks and 3 days.

WHATEVER!

Anyways, totally satisfied with the way the month went. Looking forward to a full 31 days in August with access to a gym!

Same plan. Try to eat 2600 and lose a pound a week.

I wish I had taken more measurements and pictures at the beginning when I was at my biggest. I have a few videos which are shocking for me to watch but I would never post them. My head looks likes it’s 3 times the size it is now.

Out of the blue I remembered that I had taken a picture of myself measuring around my chest at some point into my weight loss. I went searching for the picture and found it and by chance it was exactly a year ago that I had taken it. So I recreated the photo to see the difference.

I tried posting the pics here but having trouble.

Because I have the date I can go back through my notes and see what I weighed on that day.

The other interesting thing is when the first photo is taken I was 7 months into my weight loss and had lost 88 pounds at this point. The new picture is 12 months later and another 86 pounds down.

So I have the midway point of weight loss and today but not day 1. I wish I had taken more pictures and measurements at the beginning but frankly I was too ashamed to even take them, even just for my own private eyes.

I wish I had taken more pictures and measurements at the beginning but frankly I was too ashamed to even take them, even just for my own private eyes.
Totally get that. Seeing myself in pictures at my highest weight freaked me out - no way I´d be saving them on purpose.
My head looks likes it’s 3 times the size it is now.
Isn´t it weird how even things like the head, feet, and hands change? Small reminder how many things are influenced by excess weight...

Back