since started weighing

Status
Not open for further replies.

janepink

since started weighing i have lost 3 pounds defo working for me , if you have a bad day cut down the next big time and then you will not put any weight on and just get back on track and you will keep losing

Hi Janepink just joined this is my first real week of dieting and like you lost 3lb have a shed load more to go hope we can support each other!

hello thanks for your reply , that will be great to support each other , its the last few pounds i find the hardest but over the past year and half i have lost 21 pounds and kept it off and i only follow my own way of dieting , as following strict diets do not work long term . Tell me if you are following a plan or doing your own

jane

Hi Jane.. wow that's an amazing weight loss congratulations!

I am just following my own method of weight loss as well cutting out the rubbish and doing some exercise and stepping up the water intake.. the weight has just crept up and can't believe how much i now weigh when a new set of weight watcher scales arrived last week:willy_nilly:... Still i am now in the right mind set to tackle it!

Anne

hi anne , i cut out rubbish most days but mainly what works for me is counting cals whether its salad or chocolate , its important to change your calorie in take each day so one day you may have 800 cals and the next 1000 next 2000 then a couple of days low again whatever suits you, that day, by doing this it keeps your metabolic rate high and you lose weight without feeling your on a diet every day

jane

Hi Jane thanks that's a good idea! I guess it pays to check the packaging on food for fat and sugar content and calories most of them seem to label it clearly its just a matter of getting into the habit!

Know from past experience that drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water each day has helped me before just trying to step into that gradually to allow my bladder a chance to get used to it...

Have thrown off the clothes over the exercise bike and am trying to cycle that little bit longer each day and the same with walking which i find harder, self esteem issues about getting out and about don't help but it;s early days!

hi anne , im not a lover of cardio exercise but i always have done callanetics i do the stomach ones and believe me they work fast i do 2mins on my timer while watching tv about 2 - 4 times each day they are hard at first so you build upto that and slow side stretches a min each side , i also look at shopping as exercise well if you shop like me can be walking for a few hours . You sound like your doing really well keep it up , you do get use to counting cals i have been counting cals for years on and off well since i was a kid i dont even have to look at packenging now i do find it the best way to lose weight . weekends are the hardest for me instead of eating what i want fri sat sun going to just not count one day fingers crossed . jane ps water is the best i find drinking from the bottle helps pretend im having a beer haha x

Hi Jane! Like the beer idea lol! Have to admit not good at checking my calorie intake got to try to get into that habit! So unfit right now i will need to step up my exercise gradually i do do a lot of gardening but i guess that's just gently exercise to burn the fat i really do need to make more of an effort going to be 47 in July and would love to have lost a few stone it;s the health issues that are concerning me now i am an old middle aged codger! Just 5'1 and currently 13st 10.5 lb my BMI stands for Bloomin massive individual!

well who bloody says thin is cool men dont like skinny women , im 43 in a couple of weeks cant wait lol one year wiser , where u from anne and you will get there just keep it up

jane

Hi Jane happy early Birthday! I am living in Northern ireland but spent my first 12 years in the south of England in Crawley still have my english accent even after all those years!

I am determined to get there the monthly challenge is just what i need to set mini goals to aim for less daunting!

absolutely love the Irish accent oh boy how lucky u r i live in bolton near manchester so your welcome anytime x

today i have reached my goal weight of 140 pounds im 5ft 7inches it has took me 17 months to lose 25 pounds , the first few pounds where easy to lose but the last few took about a year , what helped was by weighing every day defo better than once a week

yup my dad is from Tunbridge Wells and mum from the south of ireland so we have a right range going round! I hope you're keeping warm much snow still? We are basking in sub tropical temps of plus degree's with no snow or frost at all but as a massive snow addict is not happy!

:hurray:

CONGRATULATIONS JANE!!!!!!

Wow you must be so chuffed! Delighted for you well deserved time to hit those shops!!!

Hi Jane doing ok i think i usually weigh in weekly on a wednesday mid week not sure if i have lost anything but my jumper is feeling just that bit baggier !

brilliant do you not weigh every day ? my mate at work told me about a year ago that she weighed every day i thought she was mad but since i started to i lost the weight quicker , , im having a no counting cal day today so just send my daughter chippy as i had a few to many last night so got the munchies today

Hiya Jane

I had a sneek peak this morning and found i had a half lb gain but it has spurred me on to dig deeper! Usually just weigh in weekly or i get discouraged and pack it in but can't afford to do that when i am this size! Had the munchies yesterday too which probably explains the shift in weight planning to step up the exercise routine this week and for now just get out and about walking till my fitness level increases notfit.com!

good on you remember a pint of water weighs a pound in weight , so weight goes up and down , i only stayed 10 stone one day the next i was 10 - 4 but over the week i lost 4 pounds , weighed today and was 10 - 4 even though i cut down big time yesterday hopefully will come back down tomo , need to get down for weekend as im out in manchester with girls sat for my birthday and then sunday going blackpool for a 5 nights all inclusive

had a bad day today and been off track so skipping weighing tomo until weds , im not beating myself up as we all have good days and bad , will get back on track now and hopefully be back to my goal weight at weekend for when i go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back