Side effect if I do Liposuction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say, for example, that you under-go liposuction treatment, yet you don't alter your post-op eating habits. What, over the course of time, do you think the end result is going to be?

Moreover, the over-whelming silence, in support of the idea, should also allow you to sense that your question has well and truly been answered.

Unless your life particularly depends upon it, interventive surgery is something that should only be considered as a last resort. Even then, your surgeon will still expect you to adopt a healthier diet before the surgery is under-taken, thus proving that pre-opp weight loss can be maintained after surgery.

Liposuction done by an experienced doctor in a properly equipped facility is usually safe.1 Having more than one area treated, or having a very large area treated, may increase the risk of complications during or after the procedure.

Common side effects of liposuction include:

1. Temporary swelling, bruising, soreness, and numbness in and around the treated areas.
  2. Irritation and minor scarring around the incision sites where the cannulas were inserted.
  3. Baggy or rippling skin. The skin will usually tighten and retract after a few months. But in some people the skin may remain somewhat loose.

Less common side effects include:

1. Permanent color changes in the skin.
  2. Uneven skin surface over the treated area.
  3. Damage to the nerves and skin. The heat generated during ultrasound-assisted liposuction may burn the skin or damage the tissue under the skin.

Say you get liposuction treatment in a specific area, like your stomach. If you continue to gain weight after that treatment, you may not gain it back in the same place, but the fat will travel to somewhere else on your body, like your hips or thighs. Liposuction is not a good long-term option unless it's paired with significant lifestyle changes.

Liposuction is a little risky, it can damage your skin esp. where incisions are made.
Instead why don't you try out ultrasound lipolysis? (U-Lipo)
I underwent this procedure for my double-chin (and later for thighs and belly) at a place called Prettislim clinic. It is non-surgical, which felt safer for me. It really helps by breaking down fat cells which will not go away with normal diet/exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back