should I do Bariatric Surgery in The COVID-19 pandemic ?

Nancy555

Hi there:
I am morbidly obese and my surgeon proposed me to do sleeve gastrectomy.
he told me he provided some information on this topic here:
Link Removed
please read it and tell me your opinion about undergoing sleeve gastrectomy nowadays.
is there anyone having the operation experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion the term morbidly obese covers a multitude of shapes and sizes... LOL on my big project some years ago - I noted that I had lost quite a lot of weight and felt in myself quite slim (as I was the slimmest and fittest I'd been in years) but I was still morbidly obese.

I think that part of the issue is whether weight loss surgery is right for you. I'm not sure whether there are people hanging about at the minute who have had weight loss surgery (I have only just come back last week after being away for three years) but I do know that there have been a lot of people here over the years who have posted a lot about their experiences... Some people have had surgery that has worked well for them - others had problems... Like everything in life - some people recommend and others don't.

Surgery would never have been right for me - as I am a real coward about such things... I'm always hesitant about doctors and dentists etc.

I do know from chatting to people that one of the issues with having a reduced stomach is that you have to eat less food - which means less food to get all the nutrients to keep you healthy. If you can only eat a tiny amount you have to really make it count - so it is sounds quite difficult.

If I were you I'd think fully through the whole thing - including things like how the virus is currently where you live... It certainly puts me off going to hospital appointments (we changed one of my husbands appointments from the hospital to the GP surgery) to minimise hospital visits as we know that the virus is treated there.

While you are thinking about it - it would certainly make sense to me to have a go at following standard forum advice on a healthy lifestyle. It isn't just about our shape - healthy food means that you are getting all sorts of vitamins etc that make us feel well. It may be that you see the weight naturally falling off and decide that you do not need the surgery after all.

Whatever you decide - good luck.

Back