Senior needs help with my work outs.

Well Done !

Thanks Trusylver.
Feeling pretty good right now.
I have not been this weight since we got married 41 years ago.
I went out & bought myself a new belt, 38" (-4 from my 42).
Some new pants are in order as well, lost a fair amount off my waist & butt, so they're baggy.
We're off to Cancun Mx, (Mar 5-13) next week for a well needed week's vacation.
My wife also joined the gym last fall, & she's down from a size 8 to size 5.
We aren't planning to be in the gym, (although the resort has a pretty good one),
but daily snorkeling & scuba diving on the reef are in the plans, along with a Mayan ruin exploration.

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun, with a lot of physical activity without need of the gym, Have a great time :)

Well I had a great week in Cancun, (Royalton Cancun Resort) but clearly too much food & booze. I put on 4 lbs in 10 days.
Weather was good, only rained a couple of times & just for a short periods & the sun would be back out.
A couple of days overcast, but 80-90°F through the week.
So last night I was back in the gym, & logging my calories. 20 lbs to get down to 210!

Getting back on track has made a quick turn around.
5 days back at the gym & eating sensibly & I've dropped down to 226 lbs & 16 LBS to my target weight of 210.

Weighed in this morning: back down to 224 lbs, & 14 lbs to go.
I've been more aggressive on calories, 800-1000 deficit/day to get back to where I was before my holiday week.
Will be resuming 500-600/day from here on.

Friday March 30,2018 (good Friday) the gym was open! My first half hour was weights: chest press, seated row, lat bar , curls, tricep extension & ab work. The 2nd half hour cardio work on the elliptical, with last 10 minutes HIIT cycles. (peak HR 155-160 BPM)
Saturday March 31 ,weighed in 223 lbs. also turned 64 on 31st, so took day off.
Sunday April 1, my wife & I went to gym together, 9 - 10 am.

Last night's workout 25 minutes weights & 25 minutes cardio on elliptical, peak RH 147 BPM.
Estimated calories expended : 550 (Fitbit Charge HR)
Weigh in this morning 221 lbs. (11 lbs to go)

Decided to change up today's cardio workout.
Went 10 minutes to get my heart up to 140, then 2.5 min slow interval (slowed 125 bpm) then 2.5 min fast (up to 145 bpm) & repeated for 20 minutes.

Last night I extended the intervals on the elliptical.
10 minutes warm up to HR 135 bpm
Then reduced (lo)speed & resistance 5 minutes, HR dropped to 125
5 minutes (Hi) Higher speed & resistance, HR up to 150
5 minutes (lo), HR dropped to 135
5 minutes (Hi) HR up to 150
5 minutes (lo) HR dropped 140
5 minutes (Hi) HR up to 155
5 minute cool down.
Had heavier than usual sweat, & noticed my thighs a little sore later in the night.
Otherwise felt good afterwards & this morning.
(the elliptical indicated a 600 calorie expenditure & my fitbit showed 725, but these are usually high, & I go by the machine (Life Fitness).

Have been sick with a bad sinus cold & not to the gym for 10 days.
On plus side weighed in last Friday 217 lbs.
I'm down 41 lbs since last August & 7 lbs to my target weight.

Got back to the gym last night after 2 weeks off with bronchitis.
Took it easy. Just light stretching & 1/2 hour cardio on the elliptical. It felt good to get back at it again.

Got results from my annual physical check up this week:
Fasting Blood work & urine: all good, cholesterol levels remain stable w/20 mg novastatin/day.
Weight down 40 lbs, from last July.
Blood Pressure (140/90) down to 125/70.
Colonoscopy was all clear.

Doctor said, keep up good life style habits & see you in a year.

I did my cardio work on Tuesday on an Arc Trainer. 45 minutes in total.
I increased the inclination from my normal range 10-15 setting to 20 & load from 25 up to 30.
Noticed a bit of stretch in my glutes & some burn in my thighs.
Got my heart rate up to 140's. I felt fine overnight & next morning, but by 10 am my lower back was starting to stiffen up.
It progressed through the day & I spent most of last evening with my back on the floor with my legs up on the sofa.
Still a little tender, but better today. (Thursday).

Have not been to the gym since last Friday (June 8, 2018). Weight is holding at 216 lbs.
Our painter did not show, nor is he returning out calls for last 3 weeks. Needless to say he will not get a good recommendation.
We're renovating our basement rec-room. So we (my wife & I) spent a beautiful (weather wise) weekend in our basement, priming & paining the walls & ceilings. Ceiling has two coats of flat white paint, & we're starting the walls tonight. Hope to get wall done bu Thursday, & baseboard don Friday night. We have help arriving Saturday to help move furniture.

Back