🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

If I like a book I generally have a vivid image of the characters in my mind. Seeing someone else´s image of them in the same story is often jarring. Yay for a smaller waist, regardless of weight!

Hot day here today, got out early to pick op one of little misses Xmas presents (art desk) still need to get the dollhouse.

Also got timber for building a flight pen for the birds and for building a new brooder box.

The heat has made my lethargic this arvo, hopefully I will have more energy tonight when it cools down a bit.

An art desk? What a wonderful present! Your Christmas will be fun. It’s really all about the kids 👶💕

the desktop tilts and has a panel down one side to hold her brushes and markers etc and there is a mesh holder that swivels so that if we put her paint water container in the holder it will stay upright and not spill when the desktop is tilted up. We looked at normal kids study desks but this is is far more functional for her art and craft and no more expensive than a normal desk. She is also getting a mix of small things and art/craft supplies, all individually wrapped because the most fun for a 4 year old is unwrapping lol. I also think she will enjoy putting together her fairy garden, the bits were not expensive but the fun she will have is priceless. There is also a couple of jigsaw puzzles in the mix.

Big stuff is from us, little stocking stuffers are from Santa

it is all about hands on fun, rather than cheap plastic toys that don't hold long term interest and she gets enough screen time already so no digital presents.

Did you get to go on your own, Tru or did little Miss go with you too? I hope it wasn't bedlam. Nice lunch somewhere?

Yes we got to go on our own, unfortunately with my wheat allergy it is safer to not eat out, wheat and wheat derived ingredients are in almost everything and in becomes very tiresome explaining that Gluten free does not mean wheat free, that you can process ingredients enough to remove gluten but it is still wheat based. We did however pick up our ham from my butcher which is wheat free YAY because I love ham an almost all the commercial hams use cures with wheat in them and also usually have glucose (derived from wheat) .

Lets just say any food business which genuinely has some wheat free food on the menu have a very loyal customer. The place where my son works is one of the few places I will eat out and have a beer.

@LaMaria is right, I am not a big fan of shopping for fun, but being regional sometimes it is needed to head to the big population centres. Luckily it was far quieter than expected and finding parking was easy which is highly unusual. We did discover that there is a new indoor mini golf course set up in a new games arcade, so we may go back after xmas.

We were 2 of the very few people wearing masks, I can see why the state government sees the need to bring back mandated mask wearing in shopping centres starting today as without it almost nobody does the right thing despite our state having just opening the borders and cases on the rise from interstate holiday makers.

Shopping & fun should never be in the same sentence. Shopping is just a necessity for me. Glad you had a pleasant experience. I'm going to stick to our local town for my last-minute semi-panic shopping.

I understand your hesitance to eat almost anywhere. My allergies are a lot more well-known and I'm still very bummed out about my sushi place not opening back up after lockdown (chef is sick). I do get anxious trying new places.

Light training session this morning. Feeling a bit stiff and my joints sound like a bowl of rice bubbles they snap crackle and pop so much.

Hubby just ordered a new incubator, we had 4 eggs overdue for hatching, one did not survive hatching under chook, 3 were dead and under developed in shell. Peafowl eggs are sooooo sensitive, new incubator has automatic humidity control (humidity problems are the biggest cause of hatching problems), an anti bacterial system built in (bacteria is probably the biggest reason for a death in shell). All the reviews from breeders also indicate that the temperatures sensors are very accurate and this machine is used by zoos etc. for hatching exotic birds. Tried to find the smaller model with the Pro features but out of stock in Aus, so this one is bigger than we need.

Chickens are so very easy compared to the peacocks.

The professional incubator will pay for itself in a season if we can get a 80-90% hatch rate rather than 10% considering a bird is worth $300 to $600 and the peace of mind with less stress and frustration is priceless.

Our peahen is still laying, we have 4 eggs in the current incubator and placed 2 more (swapped out of the incubator) under our broody chook who seems determined to remain broody no matter what despite the failed hatch. Most peahens are rotten mothers and ours has no interest in sitting on her own eggs. If we leave the eggs with the mom they get crushed and broken :(

How strange that pefowl are so bad at reproduction. I wonder if it's the same in the wild?

How strange that pefowl are so bad at reproduction. I wonder if it's the same in the wild?

They can be a pest in large groups because it only takes one good mum to be able to hatch a lot of eggs. The most successful breeders have a lot of birds usually with 3 to 5 hens for each male which we just don't have. A hen can lay up to 30 eggs in a season if they don't sit but if there is a good mum in the group they will sometimes sit on all the eggs. In their natural habitat the humidity and quantity of rain is also higher.

It would be better if we did not need to pen them and allow them to choose their own nesting sites but having predators like foxes, Goannas and birds of prey we have no choice.

I guess really it is a numbers game the more you have the more chance you have of hitting the jackpot.

some animals just don't breed well in captivity.

The other big project this xmas break is hubby and son are building a large flight pen to give them more space while still still being protected from predators.

feeling sluggish, it must be the heat and the season

hubby received his bird exclusion netting for the peacock flight pen roof today, 400 square meters, he just needs to get all the posts up including a 4 m centre post. The new incubator will arrive after new year, probably too late for the pea eggs but will get some fertile silky eggs for little miss to hatch after loosing her silkies earlier in the year in the gruesome manner I posted about.

Christmas is exhausting Tru! I’m knackered from doing housework & walking Archie & I don’t have a 2-year-old.
Hubby is going to be tired too by the sound of it!

little miss is still fast asleep this xmas morning, however she will be over the moon to discover we had a peachick hatch in the incubator this morning and hopefully another under the chook last night or this morning (it was unzipping last night)

The presents have been opened paper went everywhere, the tree packed away so little misses desk could be placed in position to be used. no dud presents this year, it is now pouring rain and everybody is relaxing.

Going to cut myself some ham and play some Pokémon

Back