Ryofire's Journal

3/29/09

Cardio AM and Hung Gar PM

3/7/09

By the gods I really don't update this thing as often as I want to. I'm gonna put some pics up of my awesome progress I swear.

For now though I did some AM Carido and Hung Gar Practice.

4/8/09

I just realize I entered the wrong date on my post before this one it's supose to be for 4/7/09 not 3/7/09.

Anyways.....

Pull Ups: BW 1x8

Iso Lateral Row: 175lbs 1x12

Russian Twist: BW 1x15

Transverse Vaccum: 1x60s

Back Extension: 130lbs 1x15

20 minutes HIIT

New Pics as of 4/9/09

I know there's still some things I need to do with my body. I need to work mainly on being more toned. I don't want to build alot of mass. I mainly just want to be cut. These pictures aren't really the best quality neither and I'm not just using that as a lame excuse. I got my skinfold test a while back and they said I was something like 7.2-7.8 % body fat. I know that's not the most accurate test, but at least I have a sense of where I am.

Feel free to comment and leave advice.

4/10/09

Judging from looking at my crappy pics I've improved, but I'm not exactly were I want to be yet. Technically I may never get there, but my training continues none the less.

I didn't get to go the gym today neither and since I was out with a friend he took me to Porter Exchange in Cambridge here in the greater Boston area. It's an awesome place they sell alot of Japanese stuff and Japanese related things. They even have like a supermarket place their where they sell Organic Tofu and Brown Rice.

Unfortunetly though because I was out with him I was tempted to have some white rice and a chocolate chip scone....:costumed: so sorry to my diet.

However afterwards we went to go see that live action Dragonball movie :SaiyanSmilie_anim:. Believe it or not it was not as bad as everyone said it would be. It wasn't the best neither if you ask me I give it a 7/10 or a 3/5. You make your own decision about that.

Handstand Pushup: BW 1x12

Tricep Pushup: BW 1x15

Twisting Leg Raise: BW 1x8

Transverse Vaccum: 3x60s

Superman: BW 1x15

20 minutes HIIT

As of 4/11/09

Hey Everyone, I am back. I have been off this forum for past a decade. In one of my previous posts, on a different thread. I announced that I was joining a new forum. Well that forum ended up being utter fucking shit. The people there were mostly scum and highly unsupportive.

Despite that a lot of changes have happened. In 2011 I became a ACE certified Personal Trainer. I worked independent for a long time. I got my foot in the door at the YMCA by starting as a lifeguard, then becoming a swim instructor. After doing that for a while, I began teaching the Aquafit Class, working the Health And Wellness floor, and finally working as a personal trainer/group fitness instructor. I primarily teach Group Power from MOSSA.

It's very good to finally be back on this forum after so long.

Hey, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your experience on the other forum. I've been off for a while as well (since about 2013) and as you can see it's pretty quiet around here. Glad to have you back! What are your current workout goals?

Pretty much the same as always. General fitness (strength, flexibility, and cardio), martial arts, to look good naked, and more important to eventually become the senior citizen who can run laps around the young whippersnappers. That's a straight to the point as I can get.

So on Monday June 10th I did strength training. Stuck with some basics:

Barbell Squat: 135lbs :1x15, 225lbs 1x6; 185lbs 1x8

Barbell Bench Press: 135lbs 1x6, 125lbs 1x8, 115lbs 1x10

Lat Pulldown: 140lbs 1x6, 120lbs 1x8, 100lbs 1x10

Dumbbell Shoulder Press On Swiss Ball: 15lbs 1x15, 30lbs 1x10, 15lbs 1x15

Reverse Crunches: BW 3x15

Transverse Vacuum: 3x60s

Superman's: BW 3x15

Stretching

30minutes Recumbent bike

So today I practiced the July 19 release of Group Power. Went super light though for form. Will most likely be doing that until I get comfortable enough with the choreography to go heavier.

Looks interesting! How do you find teaching this to a group? Looks like it could be tricky to ensure that people are doing the exercises properly. Do people need a certain amount of experience first before participating in the classes?

It can be, but that's the whole thing about coaching any kind class. When it comes to Group Power, I always say don't worry if you don't get it right away. it takes a couple of classes for you to get the choreography down. Same thing with Zumba. Also unless you have telekinesis, your coaching can only go so far the rest is up to them. In other words you can lead a horse to wate , but you can't force it to drink. That's the best way I can answer your question.

So I haven't been updating this for a while. It's July now so a lot has happened since then. Today I practiced my group power routine for the July 19 release.

The beginning of summer has been busy for me as well... good to see you back here.

Back