Cohen's Lifestyle Refeed Questions!

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hi DHIYA,

When we sign up for Cohen's they say that the initial price covers us for 6 months, and all additional months afterwards has an additional fee, something like $45, but I could be wrong.

Yes, it does sound like they are trying to make a quick buck, but all in all they are a business and we agree to their way of doing things by paying the fee in the first place. And yes, it does seem really unfair when we stop the eating plans for really valid reasons like illness and pregnancy.

In response to your request, as far as I can tell, there are 30 set days of refeed, according to your blood test results you will be issued somewhere between 14 to 21 days of those 30 days that your body requires to stabilize the hormones and re-introduce every day non-Cohens food to your diet successfully.

No one on this site can be sure their refeed would be beneficial to you, in fact it is more likely to be detrimental. We have also signed a form to say that we will not share our prescriptions, for reasons of individual health and for Dr Cohen to be able to run a successful business.

I am sorry about your situation and it would be great if there was a separate fee for just ordering the refeed. Have you talked about this with your consultant...maybe a referral from your GP, like a certificate of sorts to explain your situation is an avenue to go down?

Hey Choccie, thanks for backing me on the fruit thing LOL!

I am SO EXCITED about starting my refeed!!
I am prepared to keep a food diary for a while, mostly as a personal reference to know what works and to keep being mindful and accountable to what I put in my gob.

What I was doing before wasn't working, so I know I have to make changes to keep my bod at goal weight range.

(putting it out there is a good start and it is feeling motivating too!)

I think that if we put food in it's place we won't be thinking about it all the time. Initially yes, because we are forming new habits, and experimenting on ourselves, but over a period of time, maybe 3 months, where we really focus on forming these new habits with our eating and drinking and we should be smooth sailing after that. Well, that is my hope!

The future is huge!! Unmeasurable, so break it down to more manageable "bites" hehehe, and take it from there.

I think it is about taking responsibility for ourselves, being prepared for it and that huge want and need to be successful after all our hard work.

I only want to get my big clothes out again when I am pregnant, and even then, I really hope I won't put on 20kg over 9 months like last time!

Yeah, i am keen to know how adding exercise into the mix will effect my energy and food intake too. I looked into a new gym today as we just moved house, and this one includes some fitness testing and personal program stuff. I have some time up my sleeve with Cohens too so I will probably check in with them a bit too just to get some more maintenance ideas. Such great stuff on this and the New You forum as well. I think if we share our experiences together like we are now, then we can learn from and support each other as we go on.

Re chocolate : I plan a monthly chocolate date that happens around the first day of my period. It will be like a little tea ceremony, probably including tea, fruit and anything else I feel like with my chocolate of choice for the month. The quantity will be much more mindful than it used to be!!

I have been watching take away menus to see what I would choose when ordering. There are some great Thai salads out there, protein options and Cohen-like dishes as well. We just have to watch our quantities.

I am going in with a can do attitude and I am keeping this body because I have worked so hard for it!

Hi Anitas, The previous post was from 2009 & I don't think there is anyone actively posting in the Cohen's sub-section of this forum. I did Cohen's in 2007 & did re-feed & have followed their maintenance guidelines ever since. It's a very successful program, if followed to the letter, including doing re-feed. If you don't do re-feed & go back to old eating habits the weight quickly goes back on. It is all about learning new habits & losing the old "bad" ones & changing your lifestyle. I find regular exercise the key to keeping the weight off, along with a very healthy low-fat diet with lots of vegetables, lean meat & fish & fruit. I still am carb. sensitive & find once I start on sweet things it's like turning on a "binge switch" so try to avoid them. It's all a learning process & I have learned to 'listen' to my body & my body still loves the food I ate on Cohen's. All the best, Cate.

Back