Cohen's Lifestyle Refeed Questions!

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Can anyone help me with my refeeding

Hi, can anyone help me? I did the Cohen's diet a few years ago and got to my goal weight, but then unfortunately I got very sick and put the weight back on over a period of time. I have now gone back on the program and am nearly at the refeeding stage again, yay! My dilemma is that I have lost my refeeding program. I found my original file with the diet stuff but the refeeding notes were separate and I must have lost them when I moved house. I can only remember some of the stuff you need to do. And I know that everyone's refeeding is slightly different, but if anyone could give me an outline of theirs, it surely has to be better than me guessing my way through it. I couldn't handle gaining the weight again! I did try contacting my Cohen's clinic to ask for another copy but they wouldn't send me another one since it's been years since I joined them.

On a positive note - reading over everyone's postings today has been an emotional journey in itself, and so motivating!

Thanks!

You might want to have a read of Zelda's journal she explains her refeed there and it may help you a little..

Question for those on refeed!!!
My refeed program says im allowed WHITE, BROWN or WHOLE WHEAT bread...

now would WHOLE WHEAT bread be specified as WHOLE MEAL??

does anyone have any particular type or bread that they can reccomend??

please reply asap! :)

Hi Fatcat,

I ate bakers delight wholemeal country grain bread or the cape seed loaf sandwich slice(not toast slice)

Hope that helps you,

Irene

Oh irene thank the lord for the reply!! :) i was getting a bit antsy as no one had replied :)

were these breads recomended by your clinic? did your program say you were only allowed white brown or whole wheat?

and and and how did the bread affect you?>

sorry for the hassle im just a curious kitty :p

xx

Caroline you can have any bread you want, white, brown or whole grain (wholewheat). My notes say no 'health' bread. They want us to eat 'normal' bread I suppose.

I have always eaten bakers delight breads and the cape seed is one my consultant eats. I mostly ate the wholemeal country grain during refeed and I never had any problem introducing bread back into my refeed diet, I was allowed to eat it from day one and lost weight but I stuck to 2 slices a day and substituted the 3rd slice for 3 crackers but that was because I enjoyed it.

I'm here to help if you have any more questions,

Irene :)

lol yes mine too says 'No health bread' what the hell is health bread, although i did ask my consultant if i could have rye bread and she said no - so im guessing thats a 'type' of health bread! :)

i think thats all i needed to know :) thanks so much, im introducing bread on day three oo wee im excited :)

i would say 'happy losing' normally but youve already lost everything!
haha so big hugs from me :)
xx

hrmmm okay well now im confused, i emailed my consultant regarding this and this is what she said.

"When you go to the bakery, ask them for whole wheat bread and that will
solve your problem :). You may not have any bread with seeds / grains in it."

the capeseed loaf and the wholemeal country grain both contain seeds and grains!' so am i better of sticking with just a plain wholemeal bread?

Hmm well just ignore everything I said and listen to your consultant lol

Ive never seen whole wheat bread in Oz unless she means wholemeal

sorry Caroline

Irene

LOL i am so sorry for putting you into this mess irene :) bloody whole wheat WHAT THE HELL IS WHOLE WHEAT :D:D:D

im just going to invest in a nice Hi-fibre Lo-Gi white block loaf from bakers delight :) at least i know white bread doesnt have 'seeeeeeeeeeeds'

hahaha thankyou for all your help anyway!! :)

xx

Hi guys,
i have just started the Cohens diet and so far love it!! Alcohol is my biggy. I love a glass or two while I'm cooking dinner..... Anyway, diet sprite in a wine glass it is!!
So can anyone tell me a bit more about the re feeding program? Like is it still the same foods but more of it, or can you have two proteins at the same time?
Thanks...
Oh and how do I add my "clicker thingy" this is my first post...:smash:

Simmone,

You will have both more of you current diet amounts and futher into refeed you will also be introducing additional non-diet amounts of fruits, vegs & proteins. and you will eventually be mixing proteins as well. Alcohol is definitely out of the question until the very end of refeed.

Re: the types of breads allowed during refeed. It's plain white bread and brown wholemeal breads. These must be commercially packaged breads that are machines sliced in the normal thin slices that will fit into a normal sandwich toaster (the type used to make melted cheese sandwiches). No special health breads, breads with seeds or any specialty breads like pumpernickel, rye, sourdough, unleavened, etc., etc.

Rather than trying to find out ways to circumvent the program, it would be better to interpret it the way it is written without trying to find ways around it. You will only be doing yourself a disservice in the long run.

SMS
The "New" Stallion
Cohen Singapore Graduate
Class of June '08

Hi Simmone,
Welcome to the forum and once you get into the swing of things you won't miss alcohol at all. You will be so impressed with the speed you are shrinking that you won't even think about it. Refeed is increasing the quantities of the current food and then adding back in the eliminated foods in small quantities and then mixing proteins. You can also have a small amount of milk and, if I remember correctly, you can have a little bit of alcohol towards the end. It is aimed at helping your body cope with normal quantities of food when you get back into "normal" life. My refeed said that anything you think you will want to eat again should be reintoduced during refeed so your body learns how to process it properly.
Sorry its been a while since I completed my refeed and I didn't follow my "Life After" guidelines and so I am back to try again.
For the ticker you:
1. Click on anyone ticker which will take you to the "Ticker Factory". Here you create your ticker.
2. Copy (not cut) the BB Code
3. Go back to the Cohens forum and in the top left hand corner click on User CP
4. Go into Edit Signature
5. Paste the BB code in here and save and your new ticker should appear on all your posts.
Hope this helps.
Take Care
Beck

Refeed Question

Hello! I am currently going through Cohens for the second time - the first time I lost weight but ended up falling pregannt (the best thing to EVER happen to me) before I was due to start Refeed, so I never got it!

I contacted my consultant and she said that I would have to pay the full $700 again - which I cannot afford!

I was hoping that someone could help me with understanding the things I can and cannot have, measurements etc - as I really do not want to put the weight back on again!

Thank you!!!

P.s. I still have 20kilos to go! but I am going strong!

It's really too hard to say because there are SO many rules with it. Like i know someone that went on refeed and was told 2-9 days, but then had all of these other things that added days and made his reeed 19 days!

I just think it would be too risky to do someone elses refeed, although I hate the fee. maybe you can do the online version? It is cheaper

Hi

Well done!....I live in South Africa and in 2007 paid R2700-00 for the first eating plan. I had 20 kg to lose. Do you surgery I had to stop the plan. Then in 2009 I started the plan and it still worked. I have thus far lost 18 kg. When I contacted my agent for the re-feeding she asked me to pay another R3000-00 (price has gone up, since 2007) in order for me to get the re-feeding. Her argument is that alot of time has gone by. Personally, I think that she is trying to make a quick buck. Anyway, can you please help me? I am really scared to putting the weight back on and can’t afford another R3000-00. Can you please email me your re-feeding plan? If not, then can you please share some advice on re-feeding that I can go on?

Many thanks
Lisa (email removed per WLF policy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really interesting thread!

All the questions and answers have been really informative.

The variables between answers are a little disconcerting, but I guess the best thing to do is pick a consultant and stick with them!
I hope mine says I can have Cape Seed Loaf! It's probably my favourite bread.

I am nearly ready to order my re-feed, maybe next week, maybe the week after and then it is only a few kgs to starting Stage Two. I am so motivated and excited!!

One question : Does the Refeed really use the language "Bad Fruit"?

Sounds awful!! No fruit is bad, surely, unless it is too ripe or bruised?
Fruit may be higher in sugar or other things that are not ideal for Cohens, but it doesn't make it bad!

How about "non-diet fruit" or "non-Cohen" fruit?

Not looking forward to eating bad fruit!! LOL

Hi Shine!

Thanks for bumping this thread - it answered a lot of questions I had re refeed. I must say I am now excited AND nervous about getting to refeed. It seems very complicated and I had to also have a giggle to myself with using the term 'bad fruit' ???? Non cohen fruit sounds like a better alternative!!!!!

Are you nervous about starting your refeed?

I'm feeling a bit concerned at the moment that after I have completed refeed I am going to be really really strict on myself again and constantly think about food. I know that life after cohens I still have to eat bad foods in moderation but I plan on working out 3-4 times a week - do I really have to still feel guilty with every little bad thing I consume? I dont want to have to be a complete nazi for the rest of my life..(im only 21). Of course I have learnt so so much about living a healthy lifestlye and I dont plan on ever forgetting those things I learnt or going back to real bad habits but I'm just so concerned that once I'm done I'm going to have such a guilty concious if I decide to have a chocolate bar or eat some take away!

Hmm..anyone else feeling that kind of pressure?

Kristy :)

Back