Petunia's food log

Petunia

Hi! I joined this forum 3 years ago. At the time, I struggled on and off with a really bad eating disorder (bulimia). I'm happy to say that I've gotten professional help and recovered. However, throughout the years of "intuitive eating" in the name of self-love, I have put on a lot of weight (20 pounds up!).

I'm coming back to this forum to find a healthy middle ground between eating whatever I want, whenever I want (cookies, fried foods, and SHREDDED CHEESE), and focusing just on numbers (calories, weight).

So, here's the plan. It's pretty simple, imo:
  • 1250-1350 calorie target for each day
  • Focusing on whole & nutritious foods, but allowing the occasional "treat"
  • No eating after 8 pm! Midnight snacks impede my weight loss

Height: 5'1"
Starting Weight: 166 pounds
Starting BMI: 31.4 (obese)
Goal Weight: 115 pounds
Goal BMI: 21.7 (healthy)

Honestly my biggest goal is to be 115 pounds by graduation. I'm the first in my family to graduate college and that's a really big deal to me. I would love to look and feel WONDERFUL in my graduation photos.

So, that lands me at a projected 5-6 pound loss every month, until late May.

And honestly??? That's very reassuring to me. It means I have room to mess up (which I 100% will do, I'm only human) and still reach my goals "on time".

Hi, Petunia & welcome back to the forum. I'm glad you got professional help & recovered from bulimia.
So, here's the plan. It's pretty simple, imo:
  • 1250-1350 calorie target for each day
  • Focusing on whole & nutritious foods, but allowing the occasional "treat"
  • No eating after 8 pm! Midnight snacks impede my weight loss
I like your plan. No matter how much weight you lose between now & next May it is awesome that you will be the first in your family to graduate. That really is wonderful.
Are you walking these days?

Hi, Petunia & welcome back to the forum. I'm glad you got professional help & recovered from bulimia.

I like your plan. No matter how much weight you lose between now & next May it is awesome that you will be the first in your family to graduate. That really is wonderful.
Are you walking these days?
Hey Cate, thanks for the reply. And thank you for the comment about graduating, it really means a lot to me.

Honestly, I'm not walking much. I need to make an effort to start walking everyday again, because it really makes a different in my health (both physically and mentally).

Welcome back Petunia! Wonderful to hear therapy helped you so much and while 20 lbs is an uncomfortable amount it's not extreme for 3 years of recovery.

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in's:
Week #WeightBMITotal lb Lost (Total BMI Lost):
1165.431.20.6 (0.2)

I don't like weighing myself everyday (it feels too obsessive), so I'm going to weigh only once a week on Wednesdays :)

Snacks: 2 shortbread cookies (150)
Breakfast: Coffee (105)
Lunch: Greek yogurt (70) and banana (120)
Dinner: 1/2 large chicken breast (393) and 1 cup cooked white rice (206) with a glass of peach Moscato (160)

1204 calories

[] 1250-1350 calories
[x] mostly whole, nutritious foods
[x] no eating after 8 pm

I think today was a good day of food choices. I still managed to fit a glass of wine and some shortbread cookies into the mix. I'm setting my alarm to wake up early tomorrow and hike a nearby nature trail, while it's still cool outside. I miss being active and having a routine. I want to get to the point where my weekdays look like this:

wake up early -> have coffee -> go for a walk -> shower, get ready, start the day

Welcome back Petunia! Wonderful to hear therapy helped you so much and while 20 lbs is an uncomfortable amount it's not extreme for 3 years of recovery.
Thank you! Yes, therapy was really helpful. I agree that 20 lbs in 3 years isn't extreme, especially when I was hardly counting calories. I got my hunger cues back, which was a really good thing after so long of just compulsively eating. I think that's the most important thing (plus no longer having the health problems that come with bulimia)

I got my hunger cues back, which was a really good thing after so long of just compulsively eating. I think that's the most important thing (plus no longer having the health problems that come with bulimia)
You're doing really well :)

Snacks: 2 shortbread cookies (150), cheese it's (150)
Breakfast: Coffee (105), oatmeal (170), vitamins (15)
Lunch: Orange juice (110), biscuit (170), sausage patty (220)
Dinner: 1 cup rice (206) fried in 1 tsp oil (40)

1336 calories

[x] 1250-1350 calories
[] mostly whole, nutritious foods
[x] no eating after 8 pm

My food choices today were... bad lol. I need to go grocery shopping and get better foods. I also went for a walk on a trail and walked around the nearby mall. I can tell I'm out of shape because I'm exhausted from the little bit of walking (less than 3 hours). My knees also sometimes hurt and I just really want to lose weight to get healthier.

It sounds like grocery shopping is high on the agenda. It makes it so much easier to eat well when you have healthy options readily available.

2 out of three goals achieved is better than none :)

Back