Petals diary

Petal001

right I am going to post here just to be accountable to myself . I am miserable with my weight gain and have decided yet again to do something about it. I eat pretty healthy and do walk but it’s hit an miss. Although I eat healthy Main meals I eat way too much and I snack on candy ice cream chips and all sorts of junk .

So today my aim is no junk food and a 30 min walk or workout .

Hi, Petal & welcome to the diary section of the WLF forum. If you just manage to not eat between meals the weight will start to come off. Our bodies should be treated with the respect they deserve. You can do this. Eating healthy makes you feel so much better than eating junk.

Well yesterday Day 1 went ok . I told my colleague that I would have no more snacks with my morning coffee so not to give me some .

I had a productive day , kept busy . I ate very healthy but room to improve there . I did not have heartburn in bed which was great. And I slept well too .

I’m so determined this time. I want to be healthy and happy .

Yesterday was a great day. Feel I’m getting into the zone now .
Food was pretty good choices.
Breakfast - fruit yoghurt and low sugar granola
Snack - melon
Lunch - brown bread sandwich with ham and 1tsp of coleslaw
Dinner - leftover homemade lasagne that I made with low fat mince , minimal lasagne sheets and lots of tomatoes and veg with a side salad.

Exercise - I struggle to make that leap everyday. I love walking when I get out there but I procrastinate terribly. Anyway we had bad weather just as I was about to go so instead I did 40 mins of Leslie sansone walk at home dvd .

Today I hope too will be good. Little changes every day.

I’m reading about all your plans . I’m not sure if I have a proper plan as such but this is what I am aiming for
1)Clock 30 mins exercise on my health app min 5 days a week
2) do my 10k steps min 5 days a week ( yesterday I did 12k)
3) cut out junk food as I eat way too much
4) eat 3 proper meals a day
5) set myself one non diet task a day eg clean a room , meet a friend etc and stick to it

I can flex this as I see how I get on.

Last edited:
LaMaria thanks for asking . I was just coming on to update .
Had a great day yesterday.
Food wise good although perhaps ate a few breadsticks at dinner that I didn’t need but otherwise a good day . No rubbish snacks .
Then I did a 5.5km walk with a friend .
Total steps yesterday was 14k.

Today I might not exercise as I have a function this eve with my daughter . But I will see .

I dip in and out of here and read some . It’s great inspiration.

A lot of my eating comes from boredom and emotional. The one thing that is really helping is my task list every day . Yesterday was to vacuum my downstairs. Little things like that .

I think updating your diary really helps you to get motivated. Well done on the 5.5km walk yesterday. Bread can be nutritious but just isn't usually. Cutting down on bread & starchy carbs makes such a difference to my weight. Enjoy the function with your daughter Petal :)

Cate I agree with the carbs. Bloats me too .

Well i decided to take the plunge and step on the scales . Good news is I was 3lb lighter than the last time I weighed.

So I’m 92,7 kg ( or 14st 8 lb ) . Ok downwards here I come

Well done. Good news on the scales spurs me on to do even better. Go us!

Back