P90x

I like P90X, but Tony is trying to make money.

So long as the extra pounds don't make your workouts suffer, I think you are fine. What your buddy said works for him and that is fine, for him. Might be fine for you too. I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Hey, got a question for you P90X users. Should I or should I not be using Creatine in the first phase? I started using it this week (loading phase) and gained 4 pounds. I'm in the second week of P90X. I actually look thinner this week than what I did last week, although my pants are still tight in the waist..LOL!

I do know Creatine makes you gain initial water weight, but I guess I just want reassurance that I'm not sabotaging myself before I really get started. The creater of P90X, Tony Horton, pushes his recovery drink in very DVD, but his recovery drink contains Creatine. A buddy of mine who has went through P90X a couple times told me to absolutely not take any Creatine in the phase 1. So, I'm just a bit confused with the contradicting info. Thanks in advance!

How much creatine are you taking? Just the amount in the recovery drink or a standard "dose?"

The amount in the recovery drink is relatively small (500 mg) vs. a standard dose of 5 g (5000 mg).

And I'll letcha in on a little secret. You can mimic the recovery drink almost identically by mixing powdered Gatorade mix and some vanilla whey powder.

If you wanna match it almost identically it's 3 Tablespoons Gatorade and 2 Tablespoons Whey Powder. If you're calorie-conscious you can make it 2 T of Gatorade and 1 T of Whey.

The Beachbody recovery drink is orange flavored and I have made it with both the orange and lemon-lime powder. Personally I prefer the lemon-lime.

You can make it just like that without the creatine if you want. If you decide, in later phases, to add the creatine it's approximately 1/8 of a teaspoon. For perspective, a normal dose of creatine monohydrate is a full teaspoon.

Of course, you could also use the common low-fat chocolate milk as a recovery drink too.

Personally, I don't think creatine is gonna necessarily hurt your progress but if you want, just cut it out for the first 30 days and then add it in the last 60 days of your first cycle.

You should clear creatine use with your physician. Most people are fine with creatine. Beachbody sells creatine to and I know a lot of people who take both the p90x recovery drink as well as the beachbody creatine who are now cut like a diamond. Otherwise, creatine really isnt important and not worth worrying about. Lots of people have gotten into stellar shape with or without creatine.

I just finished my first week of P90X! My body has never felt to strong in my life. I downloaded i90 Workbook from the App store on my iphone. I used to program to record my p90X workout stats and record my photos. I cant wait to see the difference in my body from my first week to my last week. I should finish just in time for the beach. Bring it!

Im selling my P90x!

Its Brand new I bought it two nights before my B-day and the wife got me one also. :( Guess she also thinks I need it lol. Well here it goes I am willing to take $65 bucks for it. Agian its brand new still has the plastic on it. I will use paypal for your protection.

Email me at Capecoral05@hotmail.com I will send you a payment request and ship it for free.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• P90x box.jpg
    P90x box.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2,344
p90x and cardio 4 x a week??

Hi there, I currently do cardio like hiking, biking or skiing outdoors 3-4 x a week from 1-3 hours at a time (roughly about 8-10 hours a week cardio). So my question is, would it be wise to start p90x and do it diligently every day and continue with my outdoor cardio (which I'm not willing to give up). I have read so much about p90x and it sounds awesome and I really want to do it but because of outdoor races I do I have to keep up my outdoor cardio. Is it possible to do both my cardio and P90X? Thanks.

P90X is great. I have been using it for a year. I have seen great results! It is difficult! Make sure you can at least do a few pull-ups before attempting this program.

My dad however, HATES Tony Horton. He says he's the last thing we wants to hear at 5 am.

I think Tony's hilarious.

I'm also seriously considering buying it, everywhere I go online there seems to be nothing but good things said about it except that it is a killer workout. It doesn't sound like much of a quick fix with the hard work and comitment you'd have to put in to get the results. Check out youtube and search for P9OX results.

Back