Out of the abyss; My continuing journey of enlightenment, physically, emotionally mentally.

Yesterday, she made a fresh blueberry shortbread crumb cake. Shortbread crust, blueberry filling, crumb topping.
I walked away from it. Heard all of the oohs and ahs from our friends about how good it was, while sitting with my coffee.

If I'm going to deny myself something like that, then I damn well better get a weight loss out of it!! LOL.
Oohing and aahing right along! A hard-earned drop on the scale...

Workout yesterday.

Cable lat pulldowns 5x5x160
Cable rows 5x5x155
Delt flys 5x5x110
Seated leg press 1x5x400, 1x6x400, 1x7x400, 2x8x400
Leg curls - 5x5x175
Leg extensions 5x5x145
Calf extensions3x10x140

Been a bit busy the last few days, so haven't gotten in here. Things are largely remaining on an even, if uneventful keel. Labor day weekend coming up. Have aa charity MC ride for a recovery place Saturday. Going with my son in law (he rides too). Cook out at my daughter's house on Sunday, then, weather dependent, on the Monday holiday, I'm planning on riding to see my dad. Roughly 300 miles of riding. Beautiful countryside though. He lives in the White mountain region of NH, so lots of scenic mountain roads.

Sounds like your doing well and the upcoming weekend will be fun. How are AA get-togethers for food?

Workout

Bench 5x5x155lb (+5lb)
BB overhead press 5x5x60lb
Pec Fly machine 5x5x145lb (+15 from the last recorded)
Seated leg press 5x6x400lb
Leg curls 5x5x175
Leg extensions 5x5x145

Weight 267.4, BF% 24.7

I think I'm going to start tracking weight and BF% on here when I post workouts. I haven't been good about tracking on my spreadsheet, so I'm giving up on that.

Workout

Lat pull downs 5x5x160lb
Seated cable rows 5x5x160lb
Delt Fly machine 5x5x115lb
Leg curls 5x5x175
Leg extensions 5x5x145

Weight 263.0, BF% 23.7

So, I weighed in at 263 today, which is the lowest I've been since 2012. This means that the process is working. It has been a 3 year journey so far, between sobriety and health. It has not always been an easy road. I have to keep trusting in the process and remember that, it is a journey, not a destination. The trick is remembering that in the moment when the thoughts are getting crazy, because they do still do that.

At any rate. I'm about 30 or so pounds away from my ultimate goal weight... sort of. Its just a number. Its really going to be more about how I feel. At 6 ft, 6 in tall, that seems like a realistic number.

Congratulations! I've given up on the idea of one day being "done" but the lure of quick fixes still gets me sometimes...

I have to keep trusting in the process and remember that, it is a journey, not a destination.
Very true.
Congrats on being the lowest you've been in a while--that is really great. I like how you're taking an all around healthy approach.

Workout
Bench press 5x5x155lb
overhead presses 5x5x60lb
Seated pec flys 5x5x145lb
Seated leg extensions 5x5x160lb (+15)
Seated leg curls 5x5x175lb
Calf extensions 3x10x145lb

I struggled with the bench prerss sets. Same as last time. I may have finally hit a minor plateau at 155lb. I don't want to increase calorie or protein levels just yet, because I'm still trying to lose weight, so I may have to be temporarily satisfied with the slow growth on that exercise at the moment.

You are doing so well that I don't think I would be too bothered.
Thank you for that. Occasionally it's easy to look at where you want to be, without looking at how far you've already come.
Sensible thinking. Priorities...
This is the truth, but half the reason I write something like this down is so that I can see it in writing for myself. It helps to grasp the idea if it is put down somewhere. My mind likes to play tricks on me otherwise.

If you quit now...
You'll end up right back where you started.
When you first started, you were desperate to be right where you are now...
Keep going.
Quoted for truth.
It's strange how invested our minds sometimes seem in preserving the status quo - or worse: reverting to the comfort of what used to be familiar even though it wasn't what we wanted.

If you quit now...
You'll end up right back where you started.
When you first started, you were desperate to be right where you are now...
Keep going.
Excellent message for life all round. It really is good to keep in mind how far we've come while continuing to allow ourselves to progress further on. I need to keep this in mind, not just for my diet and fitness stuff but a lot for my anxiety issues. Thank you

Workout; push day.

Bench press 5x5x155lb
overhead presses 5x6x60lb
Seated pec flys 5x5x145lb
seated leg press 5x6x400lb
seated leg curls 5x5x145lb
Seated leg extensions 5x5x175lb
seated calf extensions 3x10x145lb

Bensh was better today. Will try for 160lb on the next push day.

Weight 265.2, BF% 24.3

Last edited:
Back