One more weight loss diary

notanumber

Hi there,
I am new here and I am not very active online in general, but I figured I need some external motivation and support to reach my goals. My goals are quite insignificant as I am planning to lose about 10kg/22lb or so and almost lost 2 kg already.
2022 was extremally tough on my mental health and guess what? Taking proper care of myself was my New Year resolution. I am trying to think of my weight loss journey as of self care and self love. Wish me luck!

1. What is your current height and weight? 5'5" (165cm) and 132lb (60kg)
  2. If you were at an ideal weight now, what would that weight be? 115 lb (52kg) might adjust it to 120/54 if 115/52 is not approachable.
  3. At what weight would you like to be at four months from now? 115 lb (52kg)
  4. Why do you want to lose weight? Because I deserve it
  5. Do you want to lose weight for a specific life event such as wedding or reunion? If so, when is that event? No
  6. What obstacles could get between you and your weight loss goals? Just me
  7. Why do you think that you now have a weight problem? I don't think I have a problem and I realize that my BMI is normal. I just like how I look when I weight less.
  8. What lifestyle changes do you think would help you lose weight? 1. Stop constantly snacking, 2. Cut off alcohol significantly, 3. Be mindful of what I eat, 4. Stop stress eating, 5. Go to bed on time
  9. Have you lost weight in the past? If so, what has worked in the past to help you lose weight? No
  10. Would you try writing down all food and drink consumed for a given period of time? Maybe in future, but not now
  11. Do you cook at home often? If so, what do you cook? Yes, I always cook. I cook everything.
  12. How often do you go out to eat? Where do you go? Once a week for brunch or dinner
  13. What are your three favorite foods? Sushi, seafood, fruits
  14. What are your three favorite restaurants? A few local spots
  15. What are three things you can do differently when it comes to food? I can actually eat 3 times a day instead of a binge snack eating.
  16. If you woke up tomorrow and your body was exactly the way you want it, what would be different? Nothing.
  17. Do you eat when you are not hungry? Yes
  18. Do you binge eat (large amounts at a time)? Yes
  19. Do you hide your food or eat in secret? No
  20. Do you eat when you are sad, nervous, or depressed? Yes
  21. Do you eat as a reward? Yes
  22. Do you eat while watching TV or using the computer? Yes
  23. What do you normally eat for a meal? I am trying to have prot/carbs/fats in every meal. Like, salad with grains and meat. Oats for breakfast though.
  24. What type of snacks do you eat? Cut it off. I don't think it's a healthy habit for me.
  25. In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing? I am quite active - 3miles run 3 times a week and weight lifting 2 times a week
  26. Where do you go for exercise? A local public gym? School/work gym? Home? Outdoor or home gym
  27. What, if anything, are your three favorite types of exercise? Can't say that I like it
  28. What is your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly motivation to move towards your goals? In search of it.
  29. Do you have rewards for certain goals? No, should I?

Today's weight: 130.6/59.2.
But I felt very tired and the morning run was a torture. I don't enjoy running but it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Running before work makes me feel like the worst part of my day is over and I can bear the rest of it.
Breakfast: oats (my go-to breakfast)
Lunch: bowl of greens, avocado, potato and meat
Dinner: two tuna sandwiches (not sure if it was a good idea though)
14.4k steps (including the morning run)

Today's weight: 131.1/59.5 and felt much better.
I feel like I ate more than I should, but that's okay.
7k steps only (blaming the weather) and weight lifting in the evening.

Hi, notanumber(is there anything else we can call you?) & a belated welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are at a healthy weight & don't need to make any significant changes.
Taking proper care of myself was my New Year resolution. I am trying to think of my weight loss journey as of self care and self love.
Taking proper care of yourself is as good a resolution as any. Our health is our wealth.

Hi Cate! Thank you for your kind words of support. You can call me Nona.
I was hesitant to join the forum as the changes I am aiming for are pretty insignificant, however I decided to join it for accountability. Yeah, my weight is healthy, but my eating habits are not. So I am mostly working on them.

Hi Nona, and welcome! Changing your habits before your weight gets out of hand is definitely the better idea, so more power to you.

Today's wight: 130.9/59.4
I am not proud of myself for this weekend as I fell back into my old unhealthy habits. It started as usual: I had some wine on Friday night, because a few glasses of wine couldn't hurt, but I got more than I should. Then I was very hungry on Saturday morning and ate a lot for breakfast. Then I got upset with myself and somehow had chips in the evening. And I cooked pies on Sunday, but to be honest I am not great at cooking, so no one really liked my pies and I ate them myself to prove that my cooking is not that bad.

However I made my first 10km run on Sunday and I am proud of it. It's been my longest run thus far and it is quite an achievement for me. Also worked out yesterday and it was fine.

Now I am trying to get my eating and cooking routine back on track. That's my issue with eating: once I stumble, it is so hard to get back on track.

Hi, Nona. I like wine too & kid myself that a glass or two won't hurt. Well done on the run on Sunday. It sounds like you don't need to make any major changes to improve your health & feeling of well-being. Telling ourselves off doesn't help. I think it's important to be kind to yourself & to treat your body as it deserves to be treated. Try to concentrate on getting nourishment & nutrition as a priority. The old "treat your body as a temple" theory is a bit of a cliche, but we would all do well to follow that principle.

Good work on the run! Improving your cooking skills (which is really just a matter of practice) might even make it easier to stick to your goals.

It's been almost a month since I started my weight loss and self care journey. I had more bad days that I wished but somehow to my biggest surprise I met my first goal. I started at 138lb on Jan 1 and my first goal was to be consistently under 133lb by Feb 1.
My next goal is to be consistently under 128lb by March 1. I'll try to focus more on weight loss at the beginning of the month and then to continue maintaining the weight.

It's been almost a month since I started my weight loss and self care journey. I had more bad days that I wished but somehow to my biggest surprise I met my first goal. I started at 138lb on Jan 1 and my first goal was to be consistently under 133lb by Feb 1.
My next goal is to be consistently under 128lb by March 1. I'll try to focus more on weight loss at the beginning of the month and then to continue maintaining the weight.
Well done, Nona :)

Back