Once fit, now barely healthy

A.Waringga

Hello! im new here and im pretty much really need want to go back to my old body

A year ago, right before lockdown, i was pretty healthy with my weight with about 85kg or about 187lb, im able to do atleast 10 to 15 push-ups, sit-up, squats, and 30 seconds plank (i know it's not much) and now due to lockdown im gaining so much weight, now im at 120kg or 264,5lbs, starting to see lots of strecth mark on my bottom stomach due to getting fatter, starting to get annoyed everytime i see myself in the mirror and now i decided to end this obesity once and for all.

the only problem is i dont really know any good exercise for a start. for now, i just do 30 minutes to one hour walk, any exercise tips for a start ? maybe starting with strenghten my legs or regain stamina

oh, and my height is 176cm or 5,7 and im a male

thanks! i really hope this forum will help me out!

Hi VHLia and welcome to the forum. For now exercise is only needed to help you keep as much muscle mass as you can while losing weight; the weightloss itself comes from a calorie deficit (ie how much you eat). It's very hard to out-exercise a bad diet! What kind of food do you currently eat? Do you snack a lot, do you binge, or are your portions just too big?

Hi, VH & welcome to the forum. The diary section of the forum is the most active. You'll find it at Weight Loss Diary Have a read of the "sticky" thread at the top which will give you a few ideas & just start a diary & tell us a little about yourself. like you did in your first post. Letting us know what you eat will be helpful. You probably already know what you should cut down on or cut out altogether. I think most of us know that. You should get plenty of support. It's a friendly & helpful community. Once again, welcome :)

Hi VHLia and welcome to the forum. For now exercise is only needed to help you keep as much muscle mass as you can while losing weight; the weightloss itself comes from a calorie deficit (ie how much you eat). It's very hard to out-exercise a bad diet! What kind of food do you currently eat? Do you snack a lot, do you binge, or are your portions just too big?
HI there! thanks for replying, as for now, i eat what others eat, main course is basically rice and some meats and vegetables (southeast asia, so we mainly eat rice for daily consumptions), for portions, i already reduced the portion to only half portion instead of one, and for snacks, i believe anything snackable but im sure my snacks mostly sweet but not in a big portion

Hi, VH & welcome to the forum. The diary section of the forum is the most active. You'll find it at Weight Loss Diary Have a read of the "sticky" thread at the top which will give you a few ideas & just start a diary & tell us a little about yourself. like you did in your first post. Letting us know what you eat will be helpful. You probably already know what you should cut down on or cut out altogether. I think most of us know that. You should get plenty of support. It's a friendly & helpful community. Once again, welcome :)
Ah yes, ofcourse!, thanks for the info and welcome! i might check that when i have time to read it full, once again thanks!

Back