OK, so here goes... Journey to 160lbs!

Red Dragon

The last time I made a weight loss diary on an internet forum was back in 2008, and that resulted in the successful loss of 98lbs over a 7 month period; pretty much 14lbs per month. The weight just fell off! That was due to a combination of calorie counting (around 1200-1500 per day) and 45mins per day on the exercise bike.

Since then my weight has fluctuated, and I've spent most of the past thirteen years either chubby or fat. Currently I'm 32lbs overweight. I weighed-in this morning at 192lbs (I should be 160lbs). It really bothers me being overweight because since lockdown has ended, I'm ready to start dating again, but feel self-conscious about my grotesque overhanging belly... I went on a date a few weeks back and felt super embarrassed! So it's time to do something about the weight! There are few things more wonderful in life than becoming slim and shopping for new clothes :beerchug:

The diet started well yesterday morning, but at lunchtime I made the mistake of going through a McDonalds drive through; intending to get just a white coffee (30cals) but ended up emerging from the other end with a McFlurry and cappuccino (around 600cals). I thought at the time "Okay, so you had a few too many calories at lunchtime. Compensate for it by eating a light dinner, or skipping it entirely." Then dinner came along and... Back to McDonalds! I'm sure everyone reading this has had a similar experience!

This time I'm absolutely determined to achieve my goal of 160lbs, so from today I will be recording my progress in this forum for everyone to see, and recording my weight each week. The weight loss plan is very simple: Eat 3 tiny meals per day (less than 500cals). No snacks. Low calorie drinks only. Exercise each day. NO McDONALDS.

Week 1 - Weight 192lbs

Welcome :)

Day one

Went really well. Stuck to three small meals and apart from that had some packet lattes, around 50cal each.

Day two

Mega fail!
I had to travel far away from home, and at about 8am stopped by a service station to buy a coffee and something to eat. I ended up emerging from the shop with a pepsi, sandwich and bag of potato chips; around 1000cal in all. Later on I had an ice cream and chocolate, donut and coca cola. All of this before 11.30am! So I decided not to consume anything else until 6pm. 6pm came and I had a chicken an olive dinner. The day would have been just about OK, had I not decided to drive out to the supermarket and stock up on chocolate, ice cream, cake and more coke. I came home, stuffed my face and fell asleep. Woke up at 3am, stuffed my face again and went back to sleep.

Estimated intake: 4000cal

Day three

Today was a success!

I woke up first thing this morning and said to myself "Today I'm going to stick to my diet and be really disciplined!"
... And it worked! I skipped breakfast, had a small lunch and stir fried vegetable for dinner. Drank nothing all day except black coffee or water.

Estimated calorie intake around 1200 :beerchug:

I've made up my mind that every day is going to be as disciplined as today, until I reach my goal of 160lbs.

Your megafail on Tuesday obviously shook you up. Well done on day 3. It sounds like some planning for the next day is required. Preparing your own food in advance is a good idea & having healthy snacks that you can just grab in a hurry if you're tired or short of time. I used to always have cut up raw veg in the fridge- celery, carrots, snow peas, cherry tomatoes.....

Hey Red, welcome, or welcome back whichever is appropriate.

If my math is right it appears you managed to keep over half your weight loss, more than 50 lbs off for 13 years. That is an accomplishment, I know when I have regained after dieting, done more often than I want to think about, I almost always ended up higher than before losing.

You are off to a good start, I look forward to following your progress, keep up the good work!

Hey Red, welcome! I'm trying to understand you a bit better, I hope you don't mind a couple of questions. And if you do, just ignore them :).

Do you know the reasons for what made you binge or was it rather habit, to buy and eat what you otherwise usually do. Is the only motivation not to binge (what we all love and hate :D), that you want to lose weight or are other reasons not to that matter to you?

Last edited:
Back