Weight-Loss October Run At Least 1 Mile A Day

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

PEC

Yes, I know...it's not quite October yet. But I thought I'd throw this opportunity out there for anyone who wants to join me. I'm not a runner (although I have participated in many 5k to 1/2 marathon runs I tend to job and walk them) and I want to make myself job and then hopefully and the month progresses, run 1 mile every day in October.

So i thought I would open it up to anyone else who wants to join. In October I will start a new post and hopefully updated almost every day with how far and approximate pace I ran for the day.

There will be NO excuses (for me) to miss a day. 31 days is a short time period when it gets down to it and I will do this even when I have to travel.

Please join me if you want!!

I will defiantly be joining you on this! I have a goal of eventually running an 8 minute mile!

That's great Green Angel.

I'll be going for a 12 minute mile, but i'm so glad someone will be joining!! Can't wait to hear your updates!

Well that will be great, I am planning also to have a run regularly early in the morning,I don't have enough time last couple of weeks.

Oct. 1: 1 mile 14:25 on outside running track at park.

Oct. 2: 1 mile 14:01 (first mile of a little over 2 on treadmill doing intervals work; first two minutes of the fourteen were warm up. Next time I'll note mile after warm up)

Oct. 3: 14:36 on outside running track at park

Oct. 4: 12:52 (first mile of 1.6 on interval work on treadmill)

Oct 5: I don't know but I did do 2.8 miles on the treadmill

Oct 6: 13:49 outside track

Oct 7: No watch/timer, but 45 minutes brisk to, at & back from Park.

I will join you and try to do it and try to work it through my work time. But i stay in tallahassee florida

OK, since no one really is joining me on this forum. I'll just keep track in my journal. Best of luck to all!

I don't see why not... especially since running doesn't seem to be too popular in this thread :)

Originally Posted by PEC

Yes, I know...it's not quite October yet. But I thought I'd throw this opportunity out there for anyone who wants to join me. I'm not a runner (although I have participated in many 5k to 1/2 marathon runs I tend to job and walk them) and I want to make myself job and then hopefully and the month progresses, run 1 mile every day in October.

So i thought I would open it up to anyone else who wants to join. In October I will start a new post and hopefully updated almost every day with how far and approximate pace I ran for the day.

There will be NO excuses (for me) to miss a day. 31 days is a short time period when it gets down to it and I will do this even when I have to travel.

Please join me if you want!!

I would love to participate in this challenge. However, last time I prepared to start running daily my ankles gave out and I couldn't walk right for a few days. Clumsy me has sprung my ankles 4 times. Hopefully next month I can participate!

I daily run in the evening 5 to 6 pm at our track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back