Oat meals

Benny Bent

How do you eat your oat meal in the morning?

I've heard I could eat it otherwise than just milk & oats.

Thanks.

Bring up my post !

Found it!

I've started eating mine by cooking it with water and adding a compot in.

I want to try adding a yogurt but not sure that will work?

I like to blend the raw oats first, then throw in a handful of mixed berries, half a banana, soy milk and blend them together for a good pounding.

^^ would that be full oats and not rolled?
I can't seem to find anything in Paris except rolled oats :(

I once tried oatmeal with milk on it and hated it.

I eat them alone, i don't add anything. But i suppose that trying with yogurt or mixing it with some sweet fruit could also work.

I use quick oats and microwave it! If you have old fashioned oats just cook them on the stove with some water. When I was younger I ate it with brown sugar and milk. Now if I eat it I mix it with a little fruit flavored yogurt which is great! Or, i slice up half a banana and mush it in. When I add the banana I put it in half way through cooking so its all warm and mushy lol. A fruit compote would be great, and I'm sure a little honey would be good too.

My favorite summer breakfast is uncooked rolled oats with soy milk, yogurt, nuts, and chopped up fruits. Bananas, dates, and walnuts is my go-to combination. Mix it up and let everything soak for a while. The oats soften up and it is delicious!

I just tried cooked in water then added a fruit 0% fat yogurt,
I loved it, nicer than the compot for me. But I might just try an apple only compot with cinnomen as that sounds yum!

We call it porridge in Scotland
Try making it with milk, grate in an apple, 1tbsp of sultanas, little cinnamon - or slice over a banana and a little maple syrup.

My favorite summer breakfast is uncooked rolled oats with soy milk, yogurt, nuts, and chopped up fruits. Bananas, dates, and walnuts is my go-to combination. Mix it up and let everything soak for a while. The oats soften up and it is delicious!

This is the yummiest oat meal recipe.....I hate oats in milk. But this combination is juts bang on. I love dates and walnuts.

Thanks Thanks and Thanks

Will start porridge every morning with skimmed milk when I'm back to Dublin (this week) .. Love it!

Was wondering if I should add a bit of oat bran in it? Heard the body can't digest it and thus it's good for diet but you shouldn't it a lot? Does anyone know more about that? :)

I've traded my oats for weetbix, it just tastes better with the same amount of calories,
I have it with a bit of hot water and dried fruit, it's yummy!

Will start porridge every morning with skimmed milk when I'm back to Dublin (this week) .. Love it!

Was wondering if I should add a bit of oat bran in it? Heard the body can't digest it and thus it's good for diet but you shouldn't it a lot? Does anyone know more about that? :)

I was looking into it, I think it's more a problem for people who can't eat gluten things.
There are a lot of people who are against wheat in general and think its bad for you. Something to do with the small intestine.
I think, if you don't have symptoms of wheat allergy or gluten allergy it's ok,
I wouldn't eat it every meal though :D

Back