Weight-Loss No binge, no purge - one day at at time.

Weight-Loss
Finished off the leftover chocolate and most of the chips that survived last night. Ie another binge. Finally starting to feel a little less stressed though, so that's something.

Hey LaMa, feeling less stressed is good. I kind of know that feeling, sometimes I feel that way once a binge is done and over. Not usually though, I usually just feel guilt. Hopefully this means you are done.
I sold my soul on ebay years ago
Like that! Hope you got a good price.

No binge here yesterday, and not a lot of temptation, however going to bed I did think about getting back into it, but did not. Posting the morning after today to be sure I really know how the day ended.

Let's not binge today!

Like that! Hope you got a good price.
Stole the idea from a Patheos blogger who wrote a book with that title. I just had a 380 kcal pint of Halo Top gooey brownie icecream. First time I found peanut-free Halo Top! Both tasty and satisfying so it probably won´t make it into the store´s regular assortment...

If that pint constitutes a binge I binge but it felt like a treat so I say I didn't binge today.

Hey LaMa, I have tried Halo Top ice cream, but not found one I like much. But then I am not much of an ice cream eater. I do like their 35 calorie lime popsicles though. No, one 380 calorie pint of ice cream by itself does not make a binge. Not in my opinion anyway.

I had a hard day, could not stop thinking about bingeing and why it would be ok... I am taking a bit of a risk posting tonight, but I am going to try like hell to get to bed without eating anything...

Let's not binge, tonight or tomorrow.

I didn't, but I can safely put it on the travel prep stress. So much paperwork and so many badly-made websites! I think I've got everything settled but it took hours. Packed pretty much everything in advance though, that's good. Might take an earlier train to the airport tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

Sorry for your stress LaMa, but its in a good cause. This is a vacation I think you need. Hope you can relax and enjoy!

No binge here today, and not too badly tempted, but as I have said and proven I am never more than 5 min away from a binge, have to stay vigilant.

Let's not binge tomorrow.

No bingeing whilst on the trip, though I did feel a little temptation today. My eating pattern is kind of driven by cravings. I know that eating makes me want to eat more, so I keep the calories down until later in the day, and then eat more. Not sure that is what a nutritionist would recommend, but it seems to work for me. If I eat more for breakfast or lunch, it is harder to stop... Oh well, just got to keep on fighting.

As long as it works for you and doesn't make you feel bloated I think the nutritionists would give you their blessing.

Thanks LaMa, I hope so. Sometimes I feel like I am bingeing, but only (mostly anyway) on low calorie things. Like lettuce or diet soft drinks. Guess those "binges" don't hurt me much. No binge today, but I thought about it. Resisting not too hard.

Binged last night after posting......... DId not want to post this, but I think doing so will help stop it and reduce the frequency.

A while back I said something about being at a fork in the road, but right now the fork always seems to be there, and so easy to take the wrong one. I am feeling ok today and back on track so far. Just wish it had not happened.

There's no shame in falling down sometimes as long as you keep getting up and fiddling with your settings to optimize things.

No binge today. I woke this morning with a belly ache, probably from the zero calorie noodles I ate last night for dinner. Noticed that when my belly hurts I want to eat even more. My reaction to any discomfort is to want to eat... But I ended today just fine.

Noticed that when my belly hurts I want to eat even more.
Same. Very frustrating. Makes it hard for me to have compassion with myself although I'm sure there's a perfectly good physiological explanation for it*.
My reaction to any discomfort is to want to eat..
Also same. That part I do understand because I'm a comfort eater. As long as I'm not too tired I can go for a walk for the same effect and if I am tired I can have a bath or a nap but the first urge is always to stuff my face and it can be super hard to resist.
Glad you didn't binge.

*My guess is that it's to do with the body's signals being unspecific. It's usually the brain that decides what they mean based on context. In anxious people the default explanation is fear, in folks with anger problem it's rage, and for us it's hunger. Or something like that. (The unspecific signals part is officially true but the fear/anger/hunger thing is just my uneducated guess.)

Hey LaMa, interesting how similar our binge feelings are alike. Guess we are not alone though. I do have a little different interpretation on the why. We evolved as hunter-gatherers. For the first few million years we did not have anything like uniform access to food, so bingeing when we could made sense. Our brains and bodies wanted us to. Now that the world has changed those things no longer serve us well, but we can't undo evolution... I think you, I and others with our problems just have a bit stronger urge to binge than the average. I am of course no expert, just my uniformed speculation I guess.

No binge today and not a lot of strong urges during the day, but right now I surely am tempted, think I can get to bed safely.

Let's not binge.

Oh, the evolutionary drive to not starve and rather make use of times of plenty definitely plays a role as well, especially but not exclusively in people who've had times of food insecurity in the past. I never did but I was a bad eater who threw up a lot as a kid (~ 5x/week for years), that probably messed up some stuff in my brain as well.

Good night and let's continue to chip away at this binge crap.

Back