Weight-Loss No binge, no purge - one day at at time.

Weight-Loss
No binge today, but tonight the urges seem to be back. Not so bad as some days, but worse than I'd like. I can hear a binge calling my name, it just seems so unfair that I can't eat whatever I want. I need to get to bed soon!

Lets not binge tomorrow.

I hope you're sound asleep and bingefree right now.

Thanks LaMa, I did get to sleep last night without eating.

Tonight was not as good, I ate 3 ounces of kangaroo jerky after I had planned to stop. My calories were a little low before I did and though higher than usual are still not terrible. However it was unplanned eating...

Let's not binge tomorrow.

No binge today, but my calories were a bit high. Still below the 2,000 to 2,500 suggested by my nutritionist a while back, but I think that is too high. I did eat more tonight than originally planned, but not too bad.

I may not be able to log in very consistently for the next 8 or 9 days, I will be on vacation, but will do what I can.

Let's not binge!

Well I did have fun, thanks for asking Cate. However as I said in another post the vacation turned into a kind of binge filled rumspriga, won't go into detail, but it is not something I can be happy doing, not long term anyway. However when doing the bingeing I have to say it does feel good, guess that is part of why I did it...

I managed not to binge yesterday and my goal is not to today. So let's not binge again forever!

Well, I have another now all too often confession. After posting last night I binged, ate a big handful of Larabars (Cinnamon Raisin Cookie), sure wish I had not.

Larabars are supposed to be good for you, and in moderation I am sure they are, but calorie wise they are not much better than a candy bar...

Oh well, back on track today, my objective anyway...

I've been struggling with the same problem with late night snacking on protein bars. They aren't even that tasty, but they trigger the same insatiable mindess zombie reward center parts of my brain. It has me seriously considering buying a time-lock safe to make them inaccessible from 8pm to 4am...

No binge here today, but I did eat more desert and calories than planned, but nothing like a binge. Better than yesterday.
I've been struggling with the same problem with late night snacking on protein bars. They aren't even that tasty, but they trigger the same insatiable mindess zombie reward center parts of my brain. It has me seriously considering buying a time-lock safe to make them inaccessible from 8pm to 4am...
Thanks Err, I think the "healthy" bars are a kind of wolf in sheep's clothing. Better than regular candy bars, I suppose, but not a lot. Most of my binges happen in the evening, after 8 pm. I would need that lock on all food...

Let's not binge tomorrow.

Did that last weekend. Was hoping to find a bar that'd taste like a treat and get my protein up at the same time so I bought a couple of different ones. What I learned is
- they're expensive
- they're all kind of gross
- I want to demolish them all at once regardless

Hey LaMa, sounds like your "healthy" bar experience is much like mine. Awful things.

No binge here today, but I sure wanted to. If I had the wrong foods available I may have... And the more I ate, the more I wanted... Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Let's not binge!

I did end up bingeing last night after posting, not a huge one, but more food than I should have eaten... Wish I had not.

New day today. Just realized I'd watch the crap out of a tv show that followed/guided people in maintenance, maybe even long-term maintenance. Say you can apply if after having been overweight for at least 5 years you've lost at least 40 pounds and kept it off for at least 6 months but have recently regained at least 10 pounds. And then they try to figure out how to get you back on track. No month-long retreats, no daily personal trainer visits, just practical stuff. I guess there wouldn't be much of a market for it outside of me though...

Last edited:
I am really struggling today, one of the hardest days I have had since starting the diet. I think it may be my brain seeing 2 recent binges whilst I was losing weight... I know I cannot binge and lose or maintain my weight for long, but something in my brain is sure trying to convince we otherwise. I guess it is possible for me to increase calories a little, maybe as high as 2,000 a day without gain. I may try that, but my binges usually lead to a lot more calories than that. Not the same as a reasoned decision to increase a little. Problem is today my brain ain't being very reasonable...

No binge yet, all I can do is keep up the fight.......

I made it, or think I did not asleep yet... It was a hard day, I sure wanted to binge, thought about it all day long...
Lets not binge tomorrow, or between here and the bed tonight!

I've been the same for the past couple of weeks. Some days I gave in, some days I didn't. Today I'm committing to reporting on this thread every day for the next 14 days.

Back