Weight-Loss No binge, no purge - one day at at time.

Weight-Loss
Also, I shouldn't wonder if sometimes, just as we can get thirstiness and hunger mixed up, and go for food when what our bodies are really calling for is rehydration, we might read tiredness signals as call for food - could that be part of why you might feel hungry when you've not long eaten?
Oh definitely. For my short-term-understanding body one source of energy (calories) is as good as the next (sleep). You can see it with little kids: they´ll be too tired to stand up, eat a banana, and ten minutes later they´re running around like Energizer Bunnies again.
For me, it might be the flavor or the familiarity of the flavor and just that it's one or two flavors I'm familiar with. If I have several different flavors, the risk goes up. I've got it down to a real science!
I know I keep eating much longer if whatever I´m having has many different components of flavor/texture. I´d never eat a whole bucket of vanilla OR chocolate icecream, but add the two together with maybe a bit of chocolate sauce, or cookie crumbles, and I can keep going until both buckets are gone.
I have been binge free since May, which seems miraculous to me, I've been tempted a lot, but one day at a time I've gotten here.
I have had one binge since May which was a few chocolate biscuits a couple of weeks ago. I probably think about it on and off mainly when tired stressed and emotional but I don't keep binge worthy food at home now. I'm a lot happier in myself so I think I can get past it when the urge hits.
I stand in awe of both of you!

Well, I’m back after being in the hospital this past week. I haven’t read the posts yet but it seems that this thread is going strong!

I’m pleased to report that I think that my bulimia is under control. I’ve been eating my meals and occasionally a snack. Cravings are completely gone!!! Not eating to the point of throwing up!!! I actually have leftovers!!!

I wish everyone luck on their journey!!! #BLESSED

I’m pleased to report that I think that my bulimia is under control. I’ve been eating my meals and occasionally a snack. Cravings are completely gone!!! Not eating to the point of throwing up!!! I actually have leftovers!!!
That's wonderful, Vic - really great to read! Best wishes for keeping it up, as this thread says, one day at a time. :)

I wanted to binge today, but didn´t. Right now it feels like every day I don´t binge builds more pressure and at some point it´ll be so much I´ll collapse under it and eat a whole grocery store´s worth of calories. But maybe if I hold out one more day, then another, the pressure will end up... going away. I hope so, anyway. Either way: today I did not binge.

Vic good luck to you too .
LaMa let’s hope the practice makes perfect and the urge will go away in time . Post here maybe when you feel it building .

Thanks, petal!

Today I did pretty good on my eating. I had my breakfast. I ended up skipping lunch because I had my crown put in!!! Then I had dinner.

So no b/p. And no snacks. And amazingly no cravings.

I did well today. I'm increasing my calories a bit this round of weight loss to try to combat the cravings and reduce the risk of a binge. I know in general, when I have more wiggle room, I can relax and gain some perspective. I've always been very sensitive to any kind of stress like having to hit a particular calorie goal and binges were a way to cope with that. Exercise and meditation and stronger relationships will now help me cope. I feel like I'm getting a handle on it at least at this time period of my life.

No binge for me today, that feels good. And no strong urges, but I know it doesn't take much to set off a binge.

Petal, I can relate to hiding food as a kid, I did it a lot. In fact the only time in my life I have ever stolen anything was as a kid to get money to buy food, food I didn't need, I still feel guilty about that. You are doing great! Keep it up.

LaMa, its interesting that your drive to binge can build up. That's not my experience, every day is a new day. I think your problem would make things harder. Hopefully not bingeing for a few days will let you reset.

Vic, no b, no p and no cravings, that is great! You are doing well.

Rob, upping your calories a little sounds like a good idea. I know you exercise a lot and use a lot of calories. And no binge, good for you!

Lets do it again tomorrow!

Rob let the guilt go now. It’s in the very distant past . I am sure you have done so much to make up for that time .

Rob yes I find the more satisfying my calories the less I crave. I really aim for good wholesome food .

At night after weigh in I feel like binging . I do probably indulge a bit more than I should but I keep it tight . My saving grace is not to buy the food and don’t keep it in the house . This time of year it’s hard with Halloween candy and Xmas chocolates being sold for close to nothing but I’m just resisting . I know if they are there I will eat them .
This is a very inspiring thread you guys .

This morning I felt sure I'd crack today but writing about it seems to have helped. I'm still a little anxious but I think I have a decent chance of making it till bedtime without binging. This thread really seems to be helping. Fingers crossed!

Yeah I think so LaMa . Write don’t bite !! Come here when you want to binge when vacuuming is not an option !

:D You know: I don´t actually own a vacuum cleaner. Too tired to do any cleaning now but I don´t feel binge-prone anymore. For tonight. Write don´t bite is great!

I binged yesterday - the works - pizza and wings. I was feeling depressed and I couldn't sleep. I was also at my parents place. It was midnight. It's difficult when you're going through a hormonal crisis and after two years and nearly 30lbs down, everything is still unstable.

Anyways, sob story aside, working on not binging this week. I probably won't check in everyday but every few days.

Hope you all are being good.

Sorry to hear you're struggling, Misty. But yesterday's over and forgotten now, you've got a whole new day to do with as you please!

Well right now it feels like I’m starving. I am having cravings and despite eating I still feel hungry. So I’m waiting for the sensation to pass. It’s only 345 pm and I ate all my calories for the day.

LaMa and Petal "Write don’t bite !!" That's an idea I can live with!

I did not binge today, but I thought about it.

Petal said something the other day about hiding cookies, I had a feeling today that reminded me of that. I went down to my office, its on our place, but about 30 ft from the house and not connected. I looked at the pile of snacks we keep stocked, mostly for the grandkids, My first thought was that I was all alone, I could eat a bunch and no one would know. Then I came to my senses and realized it didn't matter who saw me, if I ate it I would be bingeing again. And I thought about having to post that here. So the feeling passed, though I was a bit disappointed. And I realized how much hiding of my eating I have always done, I was more or less successful in hiding it from everyone but me. Looking at those snacks and not bingeing has been a kind of pride point for me. I did not realize how many of them I used to eat until going on this diet, I don't have to replace them nearly so often now.

Vic, I hope you made it, maybe you were doing the write don't bite thing.

Misty, all you have to do is not binge today, that's what matters.

LaMa, I hope you made it too, I have faith that you did.

Lets do it again tomorrow!

How did you do, Vic? It's so hard not to eat when you're hungry that early.
My first thought was that I was all alone, I could eat a bunch and no one would know. Then I came to my senses and realized it didn't matter who saw me, if I ate it I would be bingeing again. And I thought about having to post that here. So the feeling passed, though I was a bit disappointed.
Great work, Rob! I know the weird feeling of disappointment at not doing something that's bad for me. I hope the pride made up for it in full. I did indeed make it yesterday, pleased to say, and I put in the work to make it easier to do it again today, even though I didn't really want to. Food prep ftw.

Rob that’s fantastic you didn’t eat . Even more fantastic that you keep it on site and never eat. That is willpower. I had a couple more choc biscuits last night . It’s official for me I cannot have them in the house . So be it .
Vic hope the feeling passed by for you and misty hope today a good day for you .

Back