need advice and opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjoee

I had surgical consult the other day for gastric bypass surgery. At 32 years old I've struggled with my weight my entire life at my heaviest a couple years ago I was 550+ pounds. I am now as of yesterday 462 pounds. I just recently got back into diet and exercise and am losing weight at a steady rate which makes me think I can lose it on my own. I made it clear to the surgin my goal is not to have surgery. He did not encourage going the non surgery route and instead talked about how I would benefit combining my already successful diet and exercise with the surgery. My concerns are, I really want to be able to help other obese people in guiding in weight loss and exercise and don't want to lose any credibility in doing so. Also I've been struggling with my weight and yo yo dieting so long I don't want to lose out on this opportunity.

The surgeon is right you can incorporate your diet and exercise with it, there is nothing wrong with the surgery you can still encourage obese people in doing weight lose the natural way. My wife got a Weight Loss Surgery in India, with the help of Placidway, a medical tourism company. We were referred by this company to Manipal Hospital which is a modern and highly specialized medical center. My wife did not have so much difficulties in undergoing that Weight Loss Surgery since the staff were so kind to us and made my wife comfortable.

I am afraid of going through a surgery. I will like to go through the treatment which provide some medications for burning my fats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back