My weight loss transformation (A work in progress)

95 lbs lost total. This was over a period of close to 2 years.

I currently reached my goal at 156-157lbs. Update: I had a hydrostatic underwater weighting test (to test body accurately) and at 155 I am at 11% bodyfat. 153 will put me at 10%.

At my heaviest (247, and 28.8% bodyfat):
good1.jpg

After (7 lbs lost, work in progress)
Progress7lbs2.jpg

After: (28.5 lbs lost)
DSCF0004-4.jpg

DSCF0005-4.jpg

24 lbs lost:
(217, started at 241)
DSCF0017-2.jpg

42.5 lbs lost

Weight: 198.5
DSCF0015-2.jpg

DSCF0016-2.jpg

Front view . 158-159 lbs.8.5% bodyfat-9%.
21745690.jpg

Final: ~159 lbs. 9-11% bodyfat. (Likely 11% is most accurate. What you see on the abdomen is loose skin)
latestbffinal.jpg

Back view:
kevin_back.jpg

(This photo is at 13% Bodyfat)

Last edited:
you have to start some where and 7lbs is a great start. Keep motivated and the pounds will fly off. Keep us updated.

Woah how did you get to meet Penn?

7 pounds is a great start! Keep up the hard work!

Thanks, its a start at least. I'm a magician myself (I have videos at YouTube - Fishsticks911's Channel), I went to vegas for my 21st birthday. After I saw the show, they came out and we all got to see them..both of them. After the crowd was gone I also met michael finney again (He's not as well known but is within the magic community) who taught me the watch steal earlier. finney introduced me to pen and teller, and told them he taught me the watch steal. Teller said, "Ah, you asked the question about the classic palm", it was a great experience.

IMG_1050.jpg

Keep at it! I notice a little difference, just don't give up. You'll gain a lot of confidence and self-encouragement from keeping a photo-diary on here like this. :3 It helped me loads.

And for your next trick...you are making yourself disappear - a pound at a time! Great start, you. Keep it up!

Cheers
ABBA

Don't give up man. You're more capable than you think. I decided to go running the other day and somehow pulled off 4 miles. The next day, 4.5. Just keep doing what you're doing, and push yourself.

If you work extremely hard, it pays off both mentally and physically. Mentally, you'll think to yourself as you're covered in sweat and smelly "Man, I feel great." Physically, after probably about 10 more pounds you'll see that your waist is getting a little slimmer, your face is less chubby, etc etc. You can do it.

Hell no I ain't giving up...I just started.

But I am a bit disappointed..I feel my collar bones are alot more visible, when I flex my arms something I noticed that I had when I weighed less, slightly more definition right under the bicep. Main difference I notice is that there used to be fat folds on my sides (I know, gross) but they were a pain and now they're gone. As for my face people have said it is thinner but I don't really notice a difference.

I gotta say though, I don't like to exercise. Eating right is ok, but I hate exercising, maybe if I had some friends and went to play basketball it would be more fun, or swimming with a friend..

Last edited:
Quite possibly the simplest exercise you can do that burns quite few calories is just walking extended periods of time. Hook up the ol' Zune/iPod and just walk around. Once your miles increase so too, do your calories burned. One to two miles is only going to burn 150-250 calories, but walking 4-5 miles can burn anywhere from 500-700 calories depending on your weight.

Also, getting rid of the fat folds on the side was one of the first things that happened for me too. Now that I've lost about 35 lbs, I find that I'm WAY more flexible now. I would stretch just for the hell of it and see how much easier it gets as the lbs drop. I could never do quad stretches because the fat folds would pinch and now I do them with (relative) ease.

Last edited:
Quite possibly the simplest exercise you can do that burns quite few calories is just walking extended periods of time. Hook up the ol' Zune/iPod and just walk around. Once your miles increase so too, do your calories burned. One to two miles is only going to burn 150-250 calories, but walking 4-5 miles can burn anywhere from 500-700 calories depending on your weight.

Also, getting rid of the fat folds on the side was one of the first things that happened for me too. Now that I've lost about 35 lbs, I find that I'm WAY more flexible now. I would stretch just for the hell of it and see how much easier it gets as the lbs drop. I could never do quad stretches because the fat folds would pinch and now I do them with (relative) ease.

Walking right now hurts...from all the running I've done I seem to have damaged my leg. I started out literally couch potato, no excerise at all, ate tons and anything I wanted, whenever I wanted. After that when I decided to get serious, I am doing and started the couch 2 5k program running program.

At first the shin splints were REAL bad, now I don't have shin splints, but whenever I want or even sit still the bone on the front of my ankle (calf) throbs, aches. I ice it down but nothing seems to help, it's not alot of pain but it still hurts when I walk. I hate it. Makes exercising such as walking alot harder, so I ride bicycle instead.

Hey :) I see a different in your face for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing more updates! Good luck w/ everything.

I see your pics and i imagine myself lol. I have a guy just like you do haha. And let me tell ya, that 18 pound lost shows BIG TIME in that area. Grant it will take alot more to get rid of it. But keep it up man, your doing wonderful!

the great thing is with your body type you can look great if you lose it. Your weight is all around the belly, unlike some of us that carry it on our sides, back fat, arms, legs, chins. . . ears?

anyway, best of luck. i just started back up recently after gaining a bit back and hope to see more loss for you pal.

Don't worry about seeing a difference... you're going to feel it in your clothes and in your energy level before you're going to see it on yourself. Everyone else will see it before you do. I think that it's partially because you see yourself everyday and it's also partially because you are going to focus on the parts that you see as needing the most improvement. That's how it is for me anyway. I see the stuff that needs improvement before I see the stuff that has improved. That first time that you have to go buy pants in a smaller size is going to be amazing. Keep up the great work. Stay focused. Make it happen.

Don't worry about seeing a difference... you're going to feel it in your clothes and in your energy level before you're going to see it on yourself. Everyone else will see it before you do. I think that it's partially because you see yourself everyday and it's also partially because you are going to focus on the parts that you see as needing the most improvement. That's how it is for me anyway. I see the stuff that needs improvement before I see the stuff that has improved. That first time that you have to go buy pants in a smaller size is going to be amazing. Keep up the great work. Stay focused. Make it happen.

Thanks man, you're an inspiration to me. I'll keep it up.

Here's a photo of me right before I started my weight loss journey:
You can definitely tell the difference in the face.

100_0855.jpg

Back