My weight loss journey

Calorie thing does make sense, I will try to increase it to 1200-1300 a day and see if that works for me.

alligatorob said:
And I have to say I am impressed so far, you are off to a great start and show real commitment to this. I know you can do it!
Thank you very much. :)

You do seem to do very well on the protein front, despite the low calories. That's something a lot of people struggle with, so yay you! I agree that having TOO much time to think can be discouraging sometimes...
Try to focus on treating your body well right now and how that makes you feel, rather than on where you want to get to. If you want to change your weight for life you'll have to change your habits for life so best make your new habits ones you can stick with without feeling deprived.

You do seem to do very well on the protein front, despite the low calories. That's something a lot of people struggle with, so yay you! I agree that having TOO much time to think can be discouraging sometimes...
Yeah, over the weekend I've had too much free time, I have to try fulfill my free time with something fun :)
Try to focus on treating your body well right now and how that makes you feel, rather than on where you want to get to. If you want to change your weight for life you'll have to change your habits for life so best make your new habits ones you can stick with without feeling deprived.
On that front I am currently reminding myself that I am feeling a lot better when I don't overeat. Some researches show you need 21 days to form new habit, so I hope that even slightly true. :)
I am in much better mood and I don't hate myself that much. I know that's a little harsh, but when I eat a lot, I literally feel hate towards myself.

Some researches show you need 21 days to form new habit, so I hope that even slightly true. :)
As far as I know that´s based on one very old study looking into how long it takes for kids to get used to (new) prostheses - it just gets repeated over and over again even though it usually doesn´t apply to the situation. Which means you might be a lot faster!

As far as I know that´s based on one very old study looking into how long it takes for kids to get used to (new) prostheses - it just gets repeated over and over again even though it usually doesn´t apply to the situation. Which means you might be a lot faster!
That't good news!

So, today was better day than I expected. I've went for a bike ride before work and I did 5 km for 23 minutes, it was hard, especially since I didn't sleep that good last night.
It was really stressful day at work, maybe the most stressful one for months, so after work I got urge to binge (eating and drinking alcohol) but I've managed to stop myself and went for an 45 minute walk and it really calmed me, even more than food and alcohol. Even though it's only day 3, I am very proud of myself. :)
Also, I think I did better on the food front today.

Day 3

• Breakfast:
    • greek yogurt: 200 kcal
    • peanuts: 320 kcal
  • Lunch + Dinner:
    • canned tuna: 420 kcal
    • bread: 172 kcal
    • yogurt: 100 kcal
Total: 1212

It was really stressful day at work, maybe the most stressful one for months, so after work I got urge to binge (eating and drinking alcohol) but I've managed to stop myself and went for an 45 minute walk and it really calmed me, even more than food and alcohol.
That's awesome, congratulations!

Hi sad_girl. I was away for the weekend & just caught up with your diary. You have got off to a great start & sound more confident already that you can do this. 1200 cals should be good.
It was really stressful day at work, maybe the most stressful one for months, so after work I got urge to binge (eating and drinking alcohol) but I've managed to stop myself and went for an 45 minute walk and it really calmed me, even more than food and alcohol. Even though it's only day 3, I am very proud of myself. :)
Well done on stopping yourself & going for a walk instead. That is excellent!

This morning I went for a bike ride, I couldn't do as much as yesterday because my muscles are sore. I did 4,1 km for 19 minutes. It was a lot colder here in Belgrade and it would be even colder for the next few days, I hope I can at least go for a walk.

Well done :) Hopefully, the weather will start warming up soon. I'm in Australia & we are in the middle of Autumn & it's just starting to get chilly.

We had a big temperature drop here as well. I walked to work without a coat yesterday and on the way back I needed coat, scarf, and gloves!
Don't feel bad about needing a rest day after biking: give your body time to get used to the changes.

Today was good day, I slept much better last night, went for a bike ride and ate well. A little below 1200 kcal, but I hope it's not too bad.

Day 4
  • Breakfast:
    • 2 fried eggs: 200 kcal
    • smoked pork loin: 100 kcal
    • gouda cheese: 100 kcal
    • yogurt: 100 kcal
  • Lunch + Dinner:
    • pork chops: 300 kcal
    • mayonnaise: 160 kcal
    • peanut butter: 200 kcal
Total: 1160

Today was good day. I am struggling a little with PMS hunger, but I've succeeded to resist. I went for a 40 minute walk this morning before work.

Day 5
  • Breakfast:
    • greek yogurt: 200 kcal
    • peanuts: 300 kcal
  • Lunch & Dinner:
    • Sarma: 500 kcal
    • bread: 94 kcal
    • peanut butter: 120 kcal
Total: 1214 kcal

Well done on sticking to regular food with PMS :)
Thank you :)

Back