My Before and After Pics (after 3 months and 6 months)

um ma!! just when you think you've seen it all!!
woot woo well done

haha how many pounds did you lose when you waxed the chest hair :D?

Incredible change man, another inspiration.

Great!

Seriously inspiring. I was literally watching these movies last night and stated that Riddick's body type was exactly what I wanted in the end as well. You're there.

Good stuff.

Congrats!!! You have done really well!! That is great!!!

and, thanks for the info on the new Riddick movie. Love those and didn't realize new one was on its way!!! Vin Diesel is amazing!

Very Inspiring, and im also a vin fan :D Did you use and supplements at all, or was it just a controlled diet?

Cheers
Steve

I may be way off base here and I apologize if I am, however I have to ask.

Is this real? I went to the blog and the sales links to this RTP body transformation system site kind of made me skeptical and put me off.

Is this just a sales scam like the click here to get ripped in 4 weeks with this one amazing tip banners sites are loaded with?

Hey ya'll

just thought I would throw in a note of my progress thus far....

With the Christmas season placing me a step behind, I had some serious issues getting back on track. But with the power of perseverance and a strong will to succeed, I am coming to a close on my 3rd journey to reach my goal of 5% fat. :)

My goal date that I set 3 months ago is at the end of March - which is now soon approaching...To formally celebrate the birth of "Little Riddick" (hehehehe....:biggrinjester:) and as a prize for my hard work, I'll be celebrating my efforts at a 5 star, all inclusive beach resort(in the Dominican) to eat what I want, drink what I want and party as much as I want … So the flight is booked and I'm only 5 days away of running on a hot beach :biggrinjester:

My latest goal for my 3rd mission was to reach from 7% fat to 5% fat and I’m very, very close to reaching my goal and I haven’t felt this lean in my whole entire life (from 25% fat to my current 6% body fat). I also underestimated of how hard it is to reach from 7% to 5%...2% seems so little, but yet so hard....I thought it was gonna take forever, but I had to be patient.

So, with 5 days to spare I have less than a percentage to go.…..Can’t wait to reach my goal and can’t wait to be served a nice cold beer at the swim up bar ! hehehe… =)

Please note the importance of a prize for your accomplishments. Throughout my journey's I've always rewarded myself for my efforts. Almost every month I'd give myself something in return for the hard work, as this breeds motivation towards the next task. I've come to realize that most of my weight loss/body transformation came mentally 1st, then physically.....

I can’t thank enough to all the people who have cheered me on, along with the enlightening comments from the last time I posted in this thread (which btw were quite helpful to reflect on when I felt myself slipping off the bandwagon)….And for that – I thank you. :)

Cheers, good luck to you all and I’ll be more than happy to help anyone here that is looking for that extra motivation and guidance! =) :hurray:

Hoping my success..will bring you success...

Little Riddick
Toronto, Canada

Wow, what a transformation. Great job :D

Thanks....! :)

Just got back from the Dominican Republic(reward for finishing my 3rd journey) and have gained a bit around the waist...no big surprise to me though - I'm confident(now-a days) I can lose it......

I'm thinking of changing my workout routine though as I'm getting kinda bored now(gone through RTP 3 times now)....Maybe p90x is good...anyone tried p90x? What equipment do I need?

Little Riddick

Advice and Tips Please!!!!!

first off - congratulations on your physique it is fantastic. What I would like to know is some of your exercise routines along with meal plans used by yourself to achieve this.

I am a happily married male of 31 with a 1yr old and im not exactly fat (i think im chubby at worst 198lb at 6ft tall) but I want to tone my body and develop the muscles. I am quite active in the sense of crosstrainer and walking/mountain climbing etc and have just ordered myself a treadmill. I have Olympic Marcy free weights (they do need dusting though) that includes a bench, barbell and dumbells and Im looking at starting Kettlebell training.

I have read through your blog and thread but I would like to know more details.

for example:
Monday food intake was....... exercise was 25 running/cardio followed by weights and reps and exercises of weights.

Tuesday food intake was...... - I'm sure you get where this is going.

Do you take supplements or drink protein shakes? if so what are they?

Any help and advice to get me motivated and started would be great. I know its not going to happen over night but just to working towards it would be nice.

thanks in advance

Ross

first off - congratulations on your physique it is fantastic. What I would like to know is some of your exercise routines along with meal plans used by yourself to achieve this.

I am a happily married male of 31 with a 1yr old and im not exactly fat (i think im chubby at worst 198lb at 6ft tall) but I want to tone my body and develop the muscles. I am quite active in the sense of crosstrainer and walking/mountain climbing etc and have just ordered myself a treadmill. I have Olympic Marcy free weights (they do need dusting though) that includes a bench, barbell and dumbells and Im looking at starting Kettlebell training.

I have read through your blog and thread but I would like to know more details.

for example:
Monday food intake was....... exercise was 25 running/cardio followed by weights and reps and exercises of weights.

Tuesday food intake was...... - I'm sure you get where this is going.

Do you take supplements or drink protein shakes? if so what are they?

Any help and advice to get me motivated and started would be great. I know its not going to happen over night but just to working towards it would be nice.

thanks in advance

Ross

Thanks Ross.. :)

Like yourself, 9 months ago I was looking for change and was in the same boat as you...The only thing that is different was that I was borderline obese sitting at 25% fat... yikes...(it shocks me every time I think about it)...

To answer your question(s)...I purposely updated my blog with only the basics of what I do as it can get quite cumbersome when updating the blog everyday...I used to keep track of every calorie I used to eat, but after a month or so, I got kinda used to knowing what I should be eating along with the approximate calorie count for each meal. Again, it was quite tedious/cumbersome to track 'everything'....My whole goal for the blog was to make sure that I keep on track (with the basic relevant info) and to advise others of what it takes to lose the weight one day at a time...It was to prove (not only to myself, but others) that with patience, persistence and a goal in mind - anything can be accomplished.

So, a typical workout for me these days are as follows :
(keep in mind that the below workout is my Monday workout for the 3rd month on my current workout plan that I'm on and it changes everyday and every month to ensure I don't plateau)

I completed the below workout yesterday.
#########################################
Dumbell Bench Press(Chest) - 20 to 25 reps
Dumbell Dead-Lift(Hamstrings) - 20 to 25 reps
Dumbell Front Raise(Shoulders) - 20 to 25 reps
Dumbell Alternating Curls (Biceps) - 20 to 25 reps
Cardio for 5 min.(Elliptical, treadmill, etc)

Then repeat the above 3 times

Then work the Abdominal area(Abs) :
Swiss Ball Crunch
Swiss Ball Leg Lift
Swiss Ball Side Crunch

Repeat this 3 times - 15 reps.

An example of what I ate yesterday was :
Meal 1(7 am) : Special K Cereal(2 cups) / Skim Milk(1 Cup)
Meal 2(10 am): Oatmeal (2 packs of Quaker), teaspoon of cinnamon, 12 raisins, 2 Splenda)
Meal 3(12:30 pm) : 6" Sub (Ham and Swiss on Brown w/ Mustard and veggies)
Meal 4 (3 pm): 6" Sub (Ham and Swiss on Brown w/ Mustard and veggies) - (I get a foot long and split it - having the other half 3 hours later)
Meal 5 (6 pm): Chicken breast, salad and Uncle Bens brown rice.
Meal 6 (8 pm) : 2 Yogurts and about 12 almonds.

(Note : Each meal is eaten every 2.5 to 3 hours)

As for supplements, I use Whey Maxx Protein (Vanilla Flavour) which I drink after every workout (no more than 30 min. after workout)..I also drink it as a meal at times along with a yogurt or some veggies to ensure that I get all my nutrients.

So it seems that you have all the tools to get started...Which is good. Now, set a date and start...However, there is one lesson that I have to share with you that I have gained from this whole experience. That is, the meaning and understanding of the phrase "lifestyle change" ....This means...

1. Eating healthier - more veggies in your daily intake and your meals should be no more than the size of your fist...smaller meals 5 to 6 times a day will have your metabolism chugging like a runaway freight train.
2. Eat high calorie foods in moderation by just having 1 or 2 meals per week
3. Drink more water (at least 3 water bottles/day- *tip* keep a 24/30 pack of water in the trunk of your car)
4. Getting more sleep (at least 7 hours) - I know it's hard when you got a new kid.. but... this is important
5. Plan your meals a day in advance and prioritize your workout. (your workout should be priority number 1.)
6. Start a sport (e.g hockey...hey, I am Canadian!! )
7. Get more active outside (take the 1 year old and the wife for an hour stroll every other day and go for a walk...You knock 3 birds with 1 stone) - kid get's some fresh air, wifey feels that she is spending more time with you and last but not least - you and the wifey get more exercise.)
8. Don't take the car for everything! I live downtown Toronto, so things are little closer to me, but I used to take the car for everything...Now I rollerblade or walk to my destinations.
9. Dismiss the whole Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner routine and replace it with meal 1, meal 2, meal 3 and etc...
10. Last but not least...Reduce the amount of alcohol to almost nothing...(I love beer...but now I drink a lot less and only have it on my reward meal days...I used to drink a 12 pack and a bottle of vodka per week) - but no more... =)

Hope that helps and good luck to you...let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer them as soon as I can....

Little Riddick

"If you want change - don't wait, just start. " - LR

Hi,

Thanks for the advice and info - its really appreciated.

Ill do some research around diets to suit my calorie needs whilst moving to more meals that are smaller.

Yes its challenging to get the sleep with a 1yr old! but hey im going to make the effort - sick of making excuses!

ill post a message on here to let you know how im getting on in a few weeks.

many thanks - take care!

Back