Motivational sayings and/or affirmations.

The tree that just doesn’t give up. Be that tree :)
2419A4E2-F897-4218-98E8-F5FF54D9648E.jpeg

I like your tree thing Cate, it is good. Here is the Utah version of a tree that doesn't give up Pando (tree) - Wikipedia
I think i ama very weak person... I can't control what i eat and stop doing this...
Hey King James and welcome to the forum. I once thought that about myself, and still do sometimes. I think just the fact that you are posting here suggests you may be wrong. Stick around and keep posting, it can't hurt you and might well help. Best of luck to you!

Permanent weight-loss motivation-
"For a more permanent change, you’ll need to muster reasons from within and allow yourself to become a different kind of person with regards to food than you’ve been to this point. Long-lasting weight loss requires at least some identity change. "

Well worth a read- Permanent Weight Loss Motivation: What It Takes

In short, to lose weight for good, you must become a different person around food (and possibly exercise) than you’ve ever been before. This isn’t nearly as difficult as it sounds, and it’s perfectly OK to start the journey based solely on external forces, then cultivate internal motivation later on.

Interesting piece. Looks like I´ve really got a decent chance of doing it for real this time! I liked this part especially:
“Labeling a physical activity as fun reduced the number of calories consumed afterward,” and “perception of fun during a race positively influenced the choice of a healthy snack.”
Makes absolute sense: a fun activity doesn´t need a (food) reward. I´d just never thought about it like that.

“When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there.”
~Zig Ziglar

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” — Carl Jung
To be self-aware is to note what you have and don’t. It’s to take the reigns of your life in your hands and stop “hoping for better”. Instead you can start working on making things better.

I saw this quote on one of my lifting groups posted by another coach.

"I truly believe that if you want to be happy as someone who lifts weights, you have to love and appreciate your body first and foremost for what it can do, regardless of what it looks like.
You will go through so many phases if you’re in this for the long haul, so whether those include
- high body fat
- lack of muscle definition
- low body fat/saggy skin
- muscle gain/fat gain
- clothes not fitting right
You need to be happy with the process. Because if you’re not happy with your body NOW, you never will be. Happiness comes FIRST, changes come second. If you’re waiting for the perfect body in order to be happy with it, you’ll never be happy with it. Nobody is perfect."

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
~Jesse Owens~

Back