Moparnage’s Diary

Moparnage

-- How much weight do you want to lose?

~200 pounds. From 341 to 129ish. I want to basically lose most all of my body fat whatever weight that ends up being I am fine with

-- What is the timeframe for reaching your target weight?

1-2 years

-- How do you want to accomplish your goal (what methods do you want to use)?

Low carb diet, calorie control and moderate exercise

-- Who or what can support you in reaching your goal?

My wife, MyFitnessPal ap

-- How realistic is your goal?

Its a realistic goal but it is a very aggressive plan. If I stick to it I should accomplish my goals

-- When will you start?

Started 7/14/21

1. What is your current height and weight? 5’10 341lbs
  2. If you were at an ideal weight now, what would that weight be? 129 pounds
  3. At what weight would you like to be at four months from now? 275 pounds
  4. Why do you want to lose weight? Support my wife, make my clothes fit better and look better
  5. Do you want to lose weight for a specific life event such as wedding or reunion? If so, when is that event? No
  6. What obstacles could get between you and your weight loss goals? Friends and Family wanting to eat out/party
  7. Why do you think that you now have a weight problem? I got injured playing sports in college and I had multiple surgeries. I never learned the transition from an athlete who can eat whatever they want to a regular person who has to watch what they eat
  8. What lifestyle changes do you think would help you lose weight? Stop eating out
  9. Have you lost weight in the past? If so, what has worked in the past to help you lose weight? Less I have lost weight a couple of times with a low carb diet
  10. Why do you believe that you did not lose weight or you gained the weight back? Temptation to eat wrong, lack of support
  11. What, if anything, has not worked for you in the past in helping you to lose weight? Why do you think it did not work? Cheat days, they don’t work for me and become a backslide
  12. Would you try writing down all food and drink consumed for a given period of time? Yes using a phone app
  13. Do you cook at home often? If so, what do you cook? Not as much as I used to, I will be cooking all of my meals now
  14. How often do you go out to eat? Where do you go? We used to go out to eat 3 times a week
  15. What are your three favorite foods? Steak, Sushi and Pizza
  16. What are your three favorite restaurants? Fogo de chao, salt grass, pappadeaux
  17. What are three things you can do differently when it comes to food? no sodas or alcohol, No bread, No fast food
  18. If you woke up tomorrow and your body was exactly the way you want it, what would be different? Less fat more muscle
  19. Do you eat when you are not hungry? Sometimes I eat when I’m bored
  20. Do you binge eat (large amounts at a time)? Usually after fasting
  21. Do you hide your food or eat in secret? No
  22. Do you eat when you are sad, nervous, or depressed? No
  23. Do you eat as a reward? Yes
  24. Do you eat while watching TV or using the computer? Yes
  25. What do you normally eat for a meal? Meat
  26. What type of snacks do you eat? Chips
  27. In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing? Nothing, but I bought a gym membership and plan to go at least 5 times a week
  28. Where do you go for exercise? A local public gym? School/work gym? Home?Gym
  29. What, if anything, are your three favorite types of exercise? Curls, bench press, shoulder press
  30. What is your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly motivation to move towards your goals? 2-4 lbs a week
  31. Do you have rewards for certain goals? A new wardrobe when I can fit into large size

Day 1 summary

Starting weight: 341.4 pounds

Calorie allowance 2150, Calorie deficit for the day 750

Breakfast: 6 eggs
Lunch: ~8oz Pork chops
Dinner: ~8oz Salmon, ~8oz beef steak

Exercise: 20 minutes cardio
Weightlifting - Arms

First day went pretty well, only got a little hungry between breakfast at 4am and Lunch at 3pm. But not anymore than usual, if it becomes an issue I’ll bring a snack of almonds to work. A little sore after working out but nothing too bad.

Day 2 summary

Starting weight: 341.0 lbs, Total weight loss 0.4 lbs

Calorie allowance 2150, Calorie deficit for the day 1007

Lunch: ~13oz Tuna
Dinner: ~9oz Pork Chops, ~7oz Chicken

Exercise: 21 minutes cardio
Weightlifting - Arms
Bowling

Not really any hunger cravings so that was good. My arms are a little sore. It was bowling league night which I used to drink at but I resisted the temptation and just had a Coke Zero

Day 3 summary

Starting weight: 337.6 lbs, Total weight loss 3.8 lbs

Calorie allowance 2150, Calorie deficit for the day 104

Lunch: ~12oz Pork chops
Snack: Cheese Crisps
Dinner: ~13oz Beef steak

Exercise: Rest Day

Not a bad day. No hunger cravings. The wife and I usually eat out on Friday nights so not doing that was a big win for us. I was feeling pretty sore so I took a day off from the gym. I came a little closer to the calorie allowance but even at no deficit it’s supposed to be at a 2lb loss per week pace.

Day 4 summary

Starting weight: 336.6 lbs, Total weight loss 4.8 lbs

Calorie allowance 2150, Calorie deficit for the day 810

Lunch: ~7oz Chicken
Snack: Pork Rinds
Dinner: ~10oz Beef steak

Exercise: 22 minutes cardio
Weightlifting - Arms

It was a good day. Me and the wife went shopping and didn’t buy any bad foods and resisted the temptation to get any fast food treats like we would usually do, so that was a big win.

Moparnage, I have to ask about the username. My head is automatically seeing Mopar, because I'm a gearhead.

I was looking at some stats though and I have to ask, why is 129lb your ultimate target? It seems to me that's a very low number. A male around 5'10", especially an active one would be pretty fit at 175lbs. Drop a few lbs off of that for a female due to obvious differences in physiology. I think shooting for 129 might be doing yourself a disservice. Just my $0.02.

TDT

Moparnage, I have to ask about the username. My head is automatically seeing Mopar, because I'm a gearhead.

I was looking at some stats though and I have to ask, why is 129lb your ultimate target? It seems to me that's a very low number. A male around 5'10", especially an active one would be pretty fit at 175lbs. Drop a few lbs off of that for a female due to obvious differences in physiology. I think shooting for 129 might be doing yourself a disservice. Just my $0.02.

TDT

Yes the user namer is a mashup or mopar and carnage. Heres my baby

2EA598CE-A63A-4FBF-ACA8-0A64BE0D005E.jpeg

As for the goal, I picked the lowest “healthy” BMI weight for my height. If it get to 175 and look good then I’ll be happy with that. When I was playing sports in high school and college I was 135-150 so 129 might be a bit low but it may not be too far off.

Day 5 summary

Starting weight: 333.6 lbs, Total weight loss 7.8 lbs

Calorie allowance 2070, Calorie deficit for the day 1753

Exercise: 23 minutes cardio
Weightlifting - Arms

I decided to readjust my calorie allowance every Sunday so that I can help avoid hitting a plateau. It was a pretty tough day diet wise. My mom had already planned a birthday get together for me so my plan was to have breakfast later then workout, (which I did) go to the party not eat there and then eat when I got home. I ended up not eating at the party but when I got home it was almost my normal bedtime anyways and didn’t end up eating at all. I did wake up a little hungry this morning. But me and the wife made it through the weekend without any slip ups

Day 6 summary

Starting weight: 331.2 lbs, Total weight loss 10.2 lbs

Calorie allowance 2070, Calorie deficit for the day 1428

Lunch: ~7oz Pork Chops

Exercise: 24 minutes cardio
Weightlifting - Arms

Another not so good day diet wise. I went to the gym after work a little later than usual and when I got home I wasn’t really hungry and then got sleepy and never ended up eating dinner. I’ll have to try better today

Day 7 summary

Starting weight: 331 lbs, Total weight loss 10.4 lbs

Calorie allowance 2070, Calorie deficit for the day 14

Lunch: Shrimp Brochette
Snack: Pork Rinds
Dinner: ~8oz Salmon Steak

Exercise: Rest Day

It was a pretty good day. Me and the wife did some shopping and then went out to eat but we did make healthy choices so that was a win for us. Didn’t have the time to go to the gym but got a decent about of walking in while shopping.

Day 8 summary

Starting weight: 330.8 lbs, Total weight loss 10.6 lbs

Calorie allowance 2070, Calorie deficit for the day 623

Lunch: ~12oz Tuna
Dinner: ~16oz Butter garlic chicken

Exercise: Walked Dog 1.5 miles

Just an average day, kind of losing some energy. I hope it comes back in the next few weeks

Day 9 summary

Starting weight: 330.4 lbs, Total weight loss 11 lbs

Calorie allowance 2070, Calorie deficit for the day 599

Lunch: Hardboiled eggs, cheese sticks, cheese crisps
Dinner: mushroom chicken, veggies

Exercise: Bowling league

It was bowling league so there was the temptation to drink but I didn’t. I need to start sneaking water in or something because I was very thirsty be the end

Day 10 summary

Starting weight: 330.2 lbs, Total weight loss 11.2 lbs

Calorie allowance 2070, Calorie deficit for the day 685

Dinner: Salad, Beef Steak, veggies

Exercise: Bowling

I saved all my calories for dinner since I knew we were going out. There weren’t really any hunger cravings so I think the keto is working really well managing appetite

Day 11 summary

Starting weight: 329.6 lbs, Total weight loss 11.8 lbs

Calorie allowance 2070, Calorie deficit for the day 962

Dinner: Bacon wrapped shrimp, crawfish, sausage, crab

Had a bunch of family over for meal and we were supposed to watch the boxing match but it got postponed due to COVID. COVID has really ruined sports. But it was good times seeing all the family and them supporting me and the wife on our diet and weight loss.

Day 12 summary

Starting weight: 327.8 lbs, Total weight loss 13.6 lbs

Calorie allowance 2040, Calorie deficit for the day 493

Breakfast: Bacon wrapped shrimp
Lunch: Shrimp scampi
Dinner: Chili cheese chaffle fries

Readjusted my calories again and they went down by 30. The scale is showing some good weight loss but I don’t really see it yet. Due to some fatigue from the keto diet we have been taking a break from working out and since my wife’s surgery is this Wednesday. She has been looking up a bunch of keto recipes and we made some “chaffles” and topped them with chili and cheese they were pretty good.

C80DB58C-595E-4212-A600-96D0DF4DB0E2.jpeg

Staying below calories despite having guests is pretty good! Good to have some real life support, too. Best of luck for your wife's surgery.

Congrats on losing 13 lbs so quickly & sending lots of love & luck to your wife for her surgery!

Back