Member Supplement Reviews

Endurance

Product Name

Sure2Endure by Wellness International

Price, Quantity, Servings per package, Serving Size
65.95 for 84 capsules (28 packs total).

Why you Bought It
Sure2Endure was an accidental buy. When I purchased the Fitness Package from winyourhealthnow.com, Sure2Endure was included along with packages of creatine (Mass Appeal) and protein (ProXtreme). I knew I wanted and liked the other 2 products it came with, but didn't know a lot about Sure2Endure. I'm glad I ended up getting it.

Detailed Review
Sure2Endure brings my workouts to the next level. The provide energy without giving me the loopy energy feeling. I don't get the jitters I usually get from energy supplements. I don't get as tired though when I work out. Whereas I used to be exhausted when I stopped working out, now I feel like I have energy left over. I also don't get as sore following workouts.

Recommend
Recommended.

Official Description
Sure2Endure is formulated to enhance the body’s endurance, stamina, and ability to recover after a workout through an innovative blend of herbs, vitamins and minerals. Among these specially selected ingredients is ciwujia, known to alleviate fatigue and support the immune system. This herb has been shown to improve overall performance in aerobic exercise, endurance activities and weight lifting without any stimulant side effects. Ciwujia increases fat metabolism during exercise by shifting toward the use of fat as an energy source instead of carbohydrates. Additionally, this herb improves endurance by reducing lactic acid production thereby delaying fatigue that can often lead to muscle pain and cramps after a normal workout. Sure2Endure also provides antioxidant coverage and enzyme cofactors to meet the high demands that exercise places on the body. These antioxidants and cofactors scavenge free radicals formed during exercise as well promote carbohydrate metabolism, further leading to increased physical performance. To protect joints during exercise and ensure healthy connective tissue, Glucosamine is a key ingredient in Sure2Endure. Since tissue stress and damage are often the result of strenuous exercise, it is important to maintain proper integrity and recovery of connective tissue. In addition to promoting healthy connective tissue, natural anti-inflammatory compounds bromelain and boswellia are included to further support the health of joints and soft tissues.

Nutritonal Information
Not really anything to say here. It is all proprietary stuff and high amounts of vitamins like C, E, B6 and B12. It has no sugar or carbs or anything either, although those aren't too common in energy type supplements.

Where To Buy
winyourhealthnow.com. Coupon Code FIRSTWAVE for 2% off order total. Not sure how long coupon will last though.

Omega 3

Product Name
WINOmeg3complex by Wellness International

49.95 for 60 capsules (30 day supply as recommended, I take 4 capsules a day though which means a supply lasts about 2 weeks).

Why you Bought It
I go to a natural doctor that believes greatly in supplements as preventative maintenance. He told me the one of the most important supplements I can take is Omega3. Initially I was taking a generic omega 3 from my local mega mart. Once I started learning about Wellness products, I realized that their omega 3 was higher quality and switched. I had my doctor look up the Wellness Omega3 in the PDR, and he said it woudl be a good choice. It helped a lot that I already buying products from the company.

Detailed Review
Great product. High quality gel caps without the fish taste that often accompanies the lower quality omega 3 capsules. These are also reasonably prices for their quality.

Recommend
Highly Recommend Omega 3 for everyone, and Highly reccommend Wellness Omega 3.

Official Description
WINOmeg3complex is a highly purified pharmaceutical-grade 88% omega-3 ethyl ester supplement, scientifically formulated to promote mood elevation, cardiac health, joint health, cognitive clarity, improved digestion and emotional well being. Only WINOmeg3complex provides a high concentration of 60% EPA for maximum benefit to the body’s normal inflammatory response. Free of dangerous toxins and clinically tested to surpass all international standards for freshness and purity, WINOmeg3complex has three times the EPA and DHA potency of health food grade fish oil. This high concentration and optimal EPA to DHA blend is enhanced with natural lemon oil in the soft gel capsule for great lemon taste. One WINOmeg3complex soft gel capsule supplies 540mg of EPA and 160mg of DHA. The ratio of EPA to DHA is 3.3 to 1; a balance many experts believe is optimal for good health.

Nutritonal Information Per Serviing (2 Pills)
Calories - 18
Fat- 2 Grams
EPA- 1080 mgs (60%)
DHA- 320 mgs
Other Omega 3 Fatty Acid - 180 mgs
Omega-6 Fatty Acid - 60 mgs
Other Fatty Acids- 150 mgs
3.3 to 1 ratio of EPA TO DHA

Where To Buy
winyourhealthnow.com. Coupon Code FIRSTWAVE for 2% off order total. Coupon still active as of 8/25/08.

Chef Jay's chocolate cocunut bar is good

Product Name: Chef Jay's Tri-Plex bars Chocolate Coconut

Price: $25.00 for 12 bars, 1 Bar is 118 grams each (4.2 oz)

Why I purchased this product: We need more chocolate coconut flavoured bars, this combination of chocolate and cocunut tastes great and these bars are hard to find.

Detailed review: I really liked the taste of this bar, it was very textury (if that's a word), tasted yummy and I loved it. On the flip side, If you eat them daily, it's too much fat content so be careful, 10G + per bar. Also I have a friend that gets plugged up when eating these so that must affect only certain people, like with any other supplemenets, it happens.

Recommended or not?: Yes, one of the best chocolate coconut bars on the market. Great product, great taste, 29+ grams of protein per bar. Highly recommended to at least try them.:action8:

Product Name
Proactol

$89.95 for 1 month supply, 120 pills per bottle, 2-3 tablets per meal recommended, but not more than 9 tablets per day

Why I Bought It
I was looking for weight loss supplements, diet and exercise simply made my weight loss goals too slow to achieve

The most reviews on the internet classified it as #1 diet pill these days, and now that I've already taken it, I can say that it worked fine for me.

Review
It has no side effects, suitable also for longer period of use without any harm. Proactol binds up to 28% of the fat income in any food. So I mostly quit the diets, and kept eating my favourite foods regularly. I lost 28lbs for less than 2 months after starting Proactol, so I reached my goal easier as I previosly thought. 6 months later I still haven't put on a single pound ;) It seems it really works

Recommend
It really is not the cheapest supplement on the market, but quality things have their price right? I don't want to harm my health, so this one was the best choice for me, although I did not believe in diet pills before. I recommend it to all who want to lose weight effectively and healthy.

Product Name:
ALLMAX nutrition glutamine

Price, Quantity, Servings per package, Serving Size:

9.99$ canadian at Walmart for 100 g / 20 servings

Why you Bought It:
I bought it because my muscles were very sore after my workout and I was taking protein and creatine and read that taking glutamine as well was not harmfull.

Detailed Review:
I have been taking this for 5 days now and my muscles are usually very sore 24 hours after my workout, and I feel great. This has helped me eliminate my rest day in my workout allowing me to workout out more. I hear that at cosco you can get 500 g for 13.99$ which is a much better deal but I just wanted to try a small dosage first to see if it really works and it does. I take it first thing in the morning and right after my workout and one serving is 5g. Many creatines advertise that they have glutamine, but there isn't enough in some of them to make a significant difference.

Recommend
I highly reccomend using this product, and if not this exact companies glutamine, to try a glutamine of some sort. It will make all the difference in your recovery time.

Ascend Recovery and Catalyst

Ascend Recovery and Catalyst

Recovery - 1kg Bottle $99.50, 25g Serve
Protein Catalyst - 120 capsules (take 4 after training)

Why you Bought It

Orginally bought it from Terry White pharmacy but now I get it from their web site (google "Ascend Sport").

As per normal as I got fitter recovery was quicker. Then speak to other guys after a 6hr ride they suggested this product.

I started mountain bike riding and my legs has a hard time recovering. By the time I finished the first bottle I noticed recovery time has increased but so did my strength. Getting up those rocky tracks got alot easier.

Recommend
I have now had this recommended to me by a number of people. I personally recommend it now. I haven't tried their other products and I'd be interested if some else has. I've also only tried the chocolate flavour to this point.

Product Name
Nutribody Protein

Two pound tub (900 g) is $45 -- about 30 or more servings.

Why you Bought It
I'm vegetarian and this is made of brown rice and pea protein.

Detailed Review
This supplement is GREAT! Like I mentioned above, it's vegetarian, and lactose-free. Other protein shakes would give me gas and bloating, but this one works great! I also like that it doesnt have soy estrogens - because I have to eat tofu with my other meals, it's important to not O.D. on the stuff. I've been reading too much lately on the effects of soy hormones on the body. It mixes really well (with rice milk, regular milk) and tastes yummy, too.

Recommend
Absolutely! If you feel like your other protein supplement is making you bloated, and especially if you have a restricted diet, it's definitely the way to go!

Product Name
All-Bran Fiber Drink Mix

about $4.50 for a box containing 8 servings. They come in packets much like single-serving Crystal Light, just bigger. They are meant to be poured into a 16.9oz water bottle.

I bought the pink lemonade flavor (the other was like kiwi-strawberry which I detest).
10g of soluble fiber per serving
20 calories
sucralose is the sweetner

Why you Bought It

Wanted to see if it tasted decent, as a way to up my fiber when travelling (and have poor access to veggies, etc)

Detailed Review
Poured in a bottle, shook the hell outta it. Some didn't mix but for the most part it looked and tasted exactly like pink lemonade Crystal Light. Wasn't gritty or 'thick' bodied. No odd aftertaste.

I would not rely on it as a daily supplement, but for my weeklong trips to Denver, it might be helpful.

Recommend
If you hate veggies and just won't eat em, this might be a good fiber supplement to add to your arsenal.

Product Name:
Natural Pro Complex

Around 50 dollars depending where you buy it from
27 serverings per package
77g per serving
60g protien 290 calories 0.5g of fat 10g carbs
+almost 100% of any vitiman you can name. very large list

Why you Bought It:
Needed a suplement that gives alot of protien and fills me up on vitamins

Detailed Review:
It has alot of protien and alot of vitamins. It has no artifical flavoring and no artificial or sweetners so I know im not loading myself with chemicals my body doesn't need. The taste at firs is ok, I put it in orange juice its not bad I can handle it. After a while of drinking it the taste becomes very easy to handle. Though NEVER put it in water, It took me about an hour to chug it because everytime I took a sip I wanted to puke. It has fast medium and slow digesting protien of the best quality so I can take in the morning and after my workout. Very versitle and comes in a cool huge jug!

Recommend:
If you are looking for alot of vitimans plus alot of protien that you can take whenever this is it! I would expecialy recomend this product because there are no artifical flavors or sweetners. Makes you feel strong and healthy. 9/10

Emergen-C Health and Energy Water

Product Name:
Emergen-C Health and Energy Water

info can be found at the emergen-c website

Why you Bought It:
Needed an energy drink before workouts that won't give me a 'crash and burn' effect

Detailed Review:
Emergen-C is known for their line of fizzy powder that you mix with water and is packed with Vitamin C. Now they have a health and energy drink that is already mixed and contains vitamin C as well as B vitamins, minerals and electrolytes to give you a burst of non-caffeinated energy--you can drink it before or during a workout to maintain energy.

Recommend:
I would definitely recommend this product as it is good for you and so convenient--no mixing like a protein shake, and honestly doesn't have of the bad stuff like red bull or other energy drinks. It's all natural, and it works.

Protein

Black Widow Perfect Blend Protein

33 Servings per 1kg container

$39.99 AUD

This is an excellent Protein at an affordable price. I have been using it for years and it is the optimal blend of any protein i have tried.

Chocolate tastes great and mixibility is about a 8/10

Highly recommended
(removed)

Syn-Tec's Napalm

NAPALM

Explosive Muscle Fuel
Creatine, Beta Alanine, Glutamine, Tyrosine, Taurine, AAKG, BCAA, HMB, Caffeine and Vitamins

Food Type Dietary Supplement

Napalm is a food type dietary supplement that takes muscle nutrient and energy supplementation to a new level. Napalm is an advanced sports performance support formula designed specifically for serious sports people to aid them in achieving their nutritional and performance goals. Napalm utilises micronized Creatine, Beta Alanine, Glutamine, Tyrosine, Taurine, AAKG, BCAA, HMB, Caffeine and vitamins B1,2,3,5,6 & C in a dextrose monohydrate lime flavoured drink base to make Napalm the ultimate sports dietary supplement to help support the supply of muscle nutrients and an extra energy boost that maybe needed to achieve extreme performance goals.

Napalm is designed as the one stop shop as we say, sports performance drink base formula. Yes it does promote ingredients which support muscle nutrition, but by adding caffeine, it also helps to drive your workout further by adding the energy producing properties of caffeine. So many athletes drink coffee or a special purpose caffeine drink prior to training for a caffeine fix, so why not make it convenient for them by adding it to their pre workout supplementation stack. Caffeine is used by sports people from all sporting codes to help energize their bodies to cope with intense powerful workouts and training sessions. Hence the name Napalm... an explosive performance supplement that has it all.

Napalm provides serious sports people with a premium quality drink base with added performance nutrients to help support specific nutritional requirements that are needed to provide explosive energy and muscle nutrition when combined with a physical training or exercise program. Napalm is not a sole source of nutrition and should be consumed in conjunction with a nutritious diet and appropriate fluid intake. Consult a health care professional before starting any new supplementation, training or exercise program.

Warning... Contains Caffeine

Available in: 1.5kg Containers (30 Servings)

Flavour: Lime

Active Ingredients:
Per 50g Serve:

Protein 18.5g
Dextrose Monohydrate 25.7g
Creatine Monohydrate 5000mg
L-Glutamine 2000mg
HMB 500mg
Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) 500mg
Beta Alanine 3000mg
Taurine 1500mg
L-Leucine 1500mg
L-Isoleucine 750mg
L-Valine 750mg
L- Tyrosine 2000mg
Caffeine 150mg
Bioperine 5mg
Vitamin B1 1.1mg
Vitamin B2 1.7mg
Niacinamide (Vit B3) 10mg
Vitamin B5 1.7mg
Vitamin B6 1.6mg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 40mg

(removed)

Soon I'll post a reply for Optimun Nutrition Pro comple Gainer. Wanted to use it a little longer to make sure of its effects.
:)

Sincerely,
Wilhelm

GNC Mega Men Sport

Product Name
GNC Mega Men Sport Dietary Supplement

$45, 30 vitapacks (7 pills each), Serving Size is 1 pack per day.

Why you Bought It
Needed a multi-vitamin/workout supplement.

Detailed Review
This is the first multi-vitamin pack that I have tried. This one includes an energy supplement that is intended to have thermogenic + energy qualities. It also has an amino-acid supplement for workout support, such as L-Glutamine and L-Arginine. Being new to supplements I didn't have much of any expectations, however after taking this for a few days I can really say I haven't felt much better in a long time. I don't know if I was deficient in my vitamins (quite a possibility) or if this is placebo effect, but I'll take it either way. Lots more energy + good mood.

Recommend
Yes, the price didn't seem outrageous to me, however I didn't do a lot of shopping around so maybe someone could recommend something better. It seems to me that you get a lot for the $45, or about $1.50 a day.

Supplement Facts (for the Vitamin Tablet)
------------------
Vitamin A (50% as beta-Carotene 50% as Acetate) 5000.00 IU 100%
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid & Calcium Ascorbate) 300.00 mg 500%
Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 600.00 IU 150%
Vitamin E (as Natural d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 30.00 IU 100%
Vitamin K (Phytonadione) 80.00 mcg 100%
Thiamin (Vitamin B-1)(as Thiamin Mononitrate) 50.00 mg 3333%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 50.00 mg 2941%
Niacin (as Niacin and Niacinamide) 50.00 mg 250%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 50.00 mg 2500%
Folic Acid 600.00 mcg 150%
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 50.00 mcg 833%
Biotin 300.00 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium d-Pantothenate) 50.00 mg 500%
Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate and Calcium Citrate Malate) 200.00 mg 20%
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150.00 mcg 100%
Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 50.00 mg 13%
Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 25.00 mg 167%
Selenium (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 200.00 mcg 286%
Copper (as Copper Gluconate) 2.00 mg 100%
Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate) 2.00 mg 100%
Chromium (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 120.00 mcg 100%
Molybdenum (as Sodium Molybdate) 75.00 mcg 100%
Chloride (as Potassium Chloride) 72 mg 2%
Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 80 mg 2%
Proprietary Sports Blend 100.00 mg **
Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract **
Green Tea Leaves Extract (Camellia sinensis) **
L-Arginine **
L-Carnitine **
L-Glutamine **
L-Taurine Ethyl Ester HCL **
Branched Chain Amino Acid Blend 150.00 mg **
L-Isoleucine **
L-Leucine **
L-Valine **
alpha-Lipoic Acid 25.00 mg **
Choline (as Choline Bitartrate) 10.00 mg **
Inositol 10.00 mg **
Silica (as Silicon Dioxide) 4.00 mg **
Boron (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 2.00 mg **
Lutein (as lutein esters) 950.00 mcg **
Lycopene 950.00 mcg **
Astaxanthin 50.00 mcg **
Zeaxanthin 50.00 mcg **
Vanadium (as Sodium Metavanadate) 10.00 mcg **

Supplement Facts (Energy Enhancer)
-----------------------------------
Guarana Seed Extract (Paullinia cupana) 495mg
(36% Caffeine = 180mg)
Black Tea Leaves Extract (Camellia sinensis) 272mg
Mega Natural Grape Skin & Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) 210mg
Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber offcinale) 200mg
MegaNatural Gold Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) 125mg
Dill Weed Extract (Anethum graveolens) 5mg

Supplement Facts (Nitric Oxide Maximizer)
----------------------------------------
L-Arginine 1g
MegaNatural-BP Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) 100mg
Whole Apple (Malus sp.) & Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera) 50mg
Cinnamon Bark Powder (Cinnamonum cassia) 1mg

Supplement Facts (L-Glutamine)
----------------------------------------
L-Glutamine 1000mg

Bodybuilding Supplement:
Guggulipid (guggulsterones)-

L-tyrosine- An amino acid precursor to epinephrine, norepinephrine, and
dopamine. Helps prolong fat burning stacks like the
ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin one.

and

Alpha lipoic acid- Studies show this compound mimics the effects of
insulin without causing the negatives side effects such as stimulation of fat
deposits. It is also a good antioxidant.

I need review on these three supplements..
any help would be appreciated.

Suppliments that I have found to work

I actually wrote a blog on what suppliments that I have used that have given me the most benefit. If you want to read about it I have a blog at:

health-nutrition-results.blogspot.com

I also wrote about my routine and what I thought of each product I used. Basically, I spent about $225 and added almost 30lbs in 8 weeks but nearly doubled my bench and squat, that were respectable but not nearly as good as they are now. Hope it helps someone here.

Gatorade Review

**Huge photos, SORRY!!**

Gatorade Review:

Picture-6.png

Lots of us have probably tried the new G2 by now, so I didn't do a review on that.

Gatorade Prime

P1000972.JPG

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Packet
Amount per Serving

* Calories 100 Calories from Fat 0

% Daily Value *

* Total Fat 0g 0%
* Saturated Fat 0g 0%
* Monounsaturated Fat 0g
* Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
* Trans Fat 0g
* Cholesterol 0mg 0%
* Sodium 110mg 5%
* Potassium 35mg 1%
* Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Sugars 23g
* Protein 0g 0%

* Vitamin A0%
* Vitamin C0%
* Calcium0%
* Iron0%
* Vitamin D0%
* Vitamin E0%
* Vitamin K0%
* Thiamin (B1)0%
* Riboflavin (B2)0%
* Niacin (B3)10%
* Vitamin B610%
* Panthothenic Acid10%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 0.0% Carbs 100.0%
Protein 0.0%

Review: I really liked it. It tasted good. I think I paid 1.25 for one 4oz pouch. Its recommended to take 15mins before working out. I did, and I felt good while working out. I felt more energetic, and I will definitely be buying some more of these. It feels thicker than normal gatorade because of the extra carbs, but its really not that big of a deal

Gatorade Recover

Picture-5.png

Review: Did not like it. I thought it tasted absolutely horrible. Its suppose to be the same flavor as prime, but I could only choke down 3/4 of a bottle. It was terrible.

I'm use to having protein shakes for post workout, so I used the recover as a replacement. Honestly, maybe I drank a little less water in the morning, but I at a little cotton mouth going on, and I was a little more sore than normal. Now I understand there are a ton of variables, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
Product Name
Advocares meal Replacement shakes, omega 3, probiotics, and coreplex (multi vitamins)Post workout shake
Price, Quantity, Servings
Meal Replacement shakes39.97 14 servings /omega 3-19.95 90 gels/ probiotics-33.95 45 capsules/coreplex-41.50 180 caplets My favorite Post workout shake -75.95 for 25 servings
Why I bought it
needed something for training my friend introduced it to me Taste great and I could feel a difference in my health after using it.
Review
the Meal Replacemnt shakes have saved me more than once on busy days and while training not having a heavy meal in my stomache in the morning helps. I love all the vitamins and am religious taking my probitics but The Post workout is amazing I can workout and not have hardly any pain when i use this. So i can workout the next day and not have pain be in the way.
Recommend
I Recommend it to everyone. Anyone who doesn't get the proper nutrition and needs to fill in the gaps which is almost everyone should use these products.

If you are not accepting non-review replies in this thread, then delete this post.

I'll write some of my reviews over the next few weeks, but I always do it a little differently. I discuss the ingredients and never mention any brand

Great Idea! I like it.....

Back