Lost 120lbs, gained 50lbs back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaninjadangit

It has been a while since I have posted here. Lots of things have happened.
A brief rundown, for anyone who might be reading this:
2011 300lbs- Started walking and watching calories, lost 112lbs. (Ending 188lbs)
2013 I had my 3rd child.
2014 I had my 4th child. I ended up gaining 80lbs back.
2016 Began losing weight again. I would go to the gym and do Zumba classes, as well as lifting weight and watching calories. Lost 120lbs. (145lbs)
2017 Became a Zumba instructor. Stayed around 155lbs.
2018 Started gaining weight again. 180lbs by December of 2019
2020 Had a miscarriage in January. Stopped teaching Zumba in March, due to stay at home orders. Have gained 20lbs since January. (Current 206ish)

So, that's where I am. I believe my hormones are really out of whack, due to my miscarriage. I'm also completely unmotivated. I don't want to walk everyday, like I use to. I can't lift weights, and practicing Zumba at home is almost impossible, due to small children always at my feet. I absolutely need to lose weight, though. I have no clothes that fit anymore. I had gotten down to a size 8/10. I have a few 12's and one pair of 14's...that I barely squeeze into. I'm wearing sweats a lot, now, because it's about all I can fit into. My bras are laughably tight. I just can't stop eating.
I'm starting a weight loss challenge tomorrow. It's the kind where you weigh in every week. I'm hoping that will help me keep things in check. I need to start planning my eating out, and not deviating from that plan. It's just so hard. I do well for most of the day, then I binge. I can't control it. But...I have to control it.
I'm going to start posting here again. It really helped me back in 2011. I made friends on here, which I hope to do again. I have tried to do so on Facebook, but people there just seem so out of touch. It's hard to explain. There's something nice about an old fashioned forum and blog space.
If you're interested in having a friend through this, don't hesitate to respond here!

SW/CW: 206(Will change in the morning when I weigh in)
Mini Goal: 199lbs by May 31st
GW: 155lbs

Hey Robyn, your story sounds familiar to me, except that my earlier losses and regains happened before I joined this forum. I have only been here a about a year, we probably didn't overlap. I did enough research on your old posts to kind of understand where you are coming from, and to find the name. Anyway nice to meet you.

I agree this forum has been very helpful to me, nice people with good advice and support. It really does help me to have people I can talk to who understand the problems of overeating and weight loss.

What are you doing about it right now, today? From your post I think you have started, what is your approach?

I find getting and keeping motivation can be hard. Probably impossible to be continuously motivated. However if by willpower, tricks of distraction, posting here, whatever I have found that keeping on track during the unmotivated times is really important. It helps the motivation come back.

Happy Mother's Day, you seem a well deserving recipient of the happy. Mother's day here anyway.

Hope to be seeing more of you here!

Hi there - I'm sitting at 206ish at the moment too so we have that in common to start with! Welcome back to the forum, looking forward to following your journey!

Hi Ninja and welcome back to the forum!

I struggle with binges as well and I´m definitely still looking at better strategies to prevent and/or manage them At 206 lbd you´re in a much better place to lose weight than you were at 300, even if four kids definitely make things harder. Not to mention the trauma of miscarriage.
Looking forward to seeing you succeed and nicking any and all helpful strategies you come up with.

Thank you for the responses!
What are you doing about it right now, today? From your post I think you have started, what is your approach?

I'm going to start by planning out my meals for the next few days. I'm going to the store tomorrow, so I'll get meal prep items. I like doing deconstructed egg rolls, so I'll do a few of those. I'm also going to prep some salads, which should help out.
I'm going to walk today, even if it's chilly. I'm a big baby when it comes to the cold. :rotflmao:This week, I'm going to commit to practicing my Zumba routines at least 3 days. So, Monday, Wed, and Friday.

Hi Ninja and welcome back to the forum!

I struggle with binges as well and I´m definitely still looking at better strategies to prevent and/or manage them At 206 lbd you´re in a much better place to lose weight than you were at 300, even if four kids definitely make things harder. Not to mention the trauma of miscarriage.
Looking forward to seeing you succeed and nicking any and all helpful strategies you come up with.
I've read that it takes months for hormones to get back to the right place after a miscarriage. I know a lot of women who struggled with losing weight afterwards, so I'm assuming that is part of my problem. I've tried to lose weight a few times since January, and the scale would barely budge. I'm going to have to be really strict with sticking to an eating plan for a while, just to get back into the groove of things. Once I get some momentum, I can ease up a bit.
Today, there are donuts in the house. One of those is at least 250 calories. I am not into depriving myself, but I know that I'm not going to be super active today. So, 250 could very well put me over my limit today. I'm not touching a donut. We don't normally have them in the house, though.

I think I will be fine, once I start putting some Zumba back into my routine. When I go all out in an hour long class, I can burn over 500 calories. Since I haven't been active for a while, that burn will probably be higher.

I'm going to write more later. I want to report my successes and failures everyday. That should help me hold myself accountable.

Welcome back to the forum! I'm brand new, so we've never met. But I can definitely relate to losing and gaining lots of weight over the years.

I'm going to have to be really strict with sticking to an eating plan for a while, just to get back into the groove of things. Once I get some momentum, I can ease up a bit.

You have previous knowledge and valuable experience on how to do it, and what works for you, so you're definitely more than half way there. Getting over the first hump is the hardest part. Starting with small steps and not overwhelming yourself from the get go should really help get you where you want to be in the end, so it sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to reading about your new journey.

Hi, Ninja & welcome back to the forum. I'm glad that you feel that the forum is a good place to help you get back your motivation & to get support. It hasn't changed at all. The people may change but the vibe is the same. Lots of friendly folks. I'm sorry about your miscarriage just before this horrible pandemic. I am looking forward to reading about you getting back on track. The weight should start dropping off fast once you get back into Zumba, combined with healthy eating. Hope you ignored that doughnut :)

Sounds like a sensible plan. And doughnuts are only good fresh from the fryer anyway

Hello, Ninja! Good to meet you. :) 206 is a great place to start, because that major marker of into the hundreds is only just around the corner - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if you've turned that corner by the next time you post! Go, you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back